Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - FINAL AWARDS & SEASON WRAP-UP

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 14 UPDATE

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- Injury (sort of): P.D.X. is out with food poisoning for three games.

- Giff will be proud of his distinctly Biggio-like performance in that 4th of July game: hit a homer, stole a base as a catcher, and was hit by a pitch.

Image Burlington Stats

Image Holland Stats
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 14 UPDATE

Post by Johnny Carwash »

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Site pages are updated.

SWAMP BASEBALL LEAGUE
League Home
Standings
Team Index

Image Burlington Sports Frogs
Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule

Image Holland Oats
Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 15 UPDATE

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 15 UPDATE

The Sports Frogs rode a strong 5-2 week into the All-Star Break and now hold a healthy, but far from insurmountable, 5-game lead over Middlesex. They'll pick up the abbreviated week after the break with a three-game series at Saint John.

- This Week: 5-2
- Season: 63-33 (1st in Div)
- League Power Ranking: 2nd
- Next Week: at Saint John (3 games)

Image Holland Oats
The Oats split their six games in the last week before the break, but managed to hold on to their narrow division lead. Meanwhile, the Parma Ham Fighters have overtaken Rockford for second place and look to mount a strong challenge of their own. Holland will pick up after the break with a three-game series at the Fort Myers Manatees.

- This Week: 3-3
- Season: 51-42 (1st in Div)
- League Power Ranking: 11th
- Next Week: at Fort Myers (3 games)

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

All-Star rosters announced!

As befitting a team with one of the best records in the league, the Sports Frogs will send an impressive set of representatives to the game. wlu_lax, Pruitt, and A_B will make their second All-Star appearances, while Gunpowder and govmentchedda make their debuts. wlu_lax looks thrilled to be there as usual.

Image Image Image

Image Image

While not quite as star-studded, the Oats saw a couple of their own recognized for their outstanding seasons so far. rass will make his first All-Star appearance, along with Rams Fanny, a likely front-runner for the Rookie of the Year.

Image Image

Image Burlington Stats

Image Holland Stats
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Site pages are updated.

SWAMP BASEBALL LEAGUE
League Home
Standings
Team Index

Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule

Image Holland Oats
Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule
Ryan
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 15 UPDATE + All-Star Announcements

Post by Ryan »

The Brinkleys haven't lost in the longest time
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 15 UPDATE + All-Star Announcements

Post by A_B »

Ryan wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:06 am The Brinkleys haven't lost in the longest time
They're keeping the faith that they will be int he playoffs.

A_B be raking.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I hadn't even noticed AB-C until now.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

sancarlos stroked a triple. Known for stroking it!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Way to go, Clarence Carter.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

So in the 7/14 game...Rush leaves after the 8th with a 5-3 lead, Johnnie blows the save in the 9th, then gets the win when the Oats score in the bottom of the inning. There should be a name for that.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:44 am So in the 7/14 game...Rush leaves after the 8th with a 5-3 lead, Johnnie blows the save in the 9th, then gets the win when the Oats score in the bottom of the inning. There should be a name for that.
So, Johnnie is "the Vulture". Picking up wins off the carcass of Rush.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

On-line me has handlebars and a slightly lazy left eye? Outstanding! If you put me in a Top Hat and suit, I'd also be sought after in the Charles Dickens Victorian Collectables cards set.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Rams Fanny wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:17 pm On-line me has handlebars and a slightly lazy left eye? Outstanding! If you put me in a Top Hat and suit, I'd also be sought after in the Charles Dickens Victorian Collectables cards set.
You look positively dewy-eyed.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Rams Fanny wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:17 pm On-line me has handlebars and a slightly lazy left eye? Outstanding! If you put me in a Top Hat and suit, I'd also be sought after in the Charles Dickens Victorian Collectables cards set.
I gave you that 'stache as a reference to you meeting Rollie Fingers a while back.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Brian is tied for third in the league for wins and not an All-Star? Terrible.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:28 pm Brian is tied for third in the league for wins and not an All-Star? Terrible.
He had an all-star week trip to bangkok scheduled and couldn't be bothered.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:28 pm Brian is tied for third in the league for wins and not an All-Star? Terrible.
Joe Morgan told me that wins are the most important pitching stat!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So are we going to see a PED suspension for Gunpowder? Last year he had 20 HR. This year he has 32 at the break? I guess the 212 AB v. 345 AB makes a difference but consider he is also 4 for 10 trying to steal (2 for 3 last year).

Just seems a bit familiar...
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Here are the full All-Star rosters if you want to compare stats.

IIRC the "every team gets at least one All-Star" rule is in effect, so if you want to single out someone who stole Brian's spot it would probably be Tony "Twinkletoes" Quinones of Altoona.

e: That, or Regina got a fucking middle reliever on the team despite having three other players.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 pm
Here are the full All-Star rosters if you want to compare stats.

IIRC the "every team gets at least one All-Star" rule is in effect, so if you want to single out someone who stole Brian's spot it would probably be Tony "Twinkletoes" Quinones of Altoona.

e: That, or Regina got a fucking middle reliever on the team despite having three other players.
Diaz did overcome a lot of personal adversity to get here, what with being born as a conjoined twin and all.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I see no one else looked at the leaderboard to find that I, while being significantly worse than brian, am also tied for third in the league in wins.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:50 pm I see no one else looked at the leaderboard to find that I, while being significantly worse than brian, am also tied for third in the league in wins.
You’re fucking welcome says the offense.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

A_B wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:54 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:50 pm I see no one else looked at the leaderboard to find that I, while being significantly worse than brian, am also tied for third in the league in wins.
I'll be sure to tip you guys out in meatballs next season after whatever dumb GM in the league overpays me in the offseason (you know you guys aren't going to vote to keep me in my attempts to get overpaid in the offseason).
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I think you started out something like 2-8 last year, so since then you are like 19-5. You've turned into Jack Morris in that you know how to pitch to the score. Now you just need to grow a creepy mustache.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:03 pm
I'll be sure to tip you guys out in meatballs next season after whatever dumb GM in the league overpays me in the offseason (you know you guys aren't going to vote to keep me in my attempts to get overpaid in the offseason).
Whatever. If you need me I’ll be out here going all buster posey on everybody’s ass. And calming your dead ass down on he mound.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:14 pm
I think you started out something like 2-8 last year, so since then you are like 19-5. You've turned into Jack Morris in that you know how to pitch to the score. Now you just need to grow a creepy mustache.
Walrus mustache is better than giving quotes like Morris.
I don't talk to people when I'm naked, especially women, unless they're on top of me or I'm on top of them.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:21 pm
Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:14 pm
Walrus mustache is better than giving quotes like Morris.
I don't talk to people when I'm naked, especially women, unless they're on top of me or I'm on top of them.
Here you go:

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

A_B wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:21 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:03 pm
Whatever. If you need me I’ll be out here going all buster posey on everybody’s ass. And calming your dead ass down on he mound.
You and I have a wonderful thing going this first half of the season, ABC.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

You see, this is the type of respect a team needs!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Also, good on rass for moving on. Our backup last year is an all star.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Let’s just as AB-C is in his cups.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

im hoping i dont get outright released and i can steal a second ring...is there a shining example of a godawful pitcher on a world series team? i have one win in like eight decisions
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 16 UPDATE

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 16 UPDATE

Short week with the All-Star break, but the big news is that I was able to tweak the schedule and the Sports Frogs and the Oats will play each other head-to-head in a 4-game series next week in Burlington. Here are the scheduled starters:

7/24 - Sabo vs. degenerasian
7/25 - Brian vs. Rush2112
7/26 - DSafetyGuy vs. howard
7/27 - TT2.0 vs. Moreta

Unfortunately, govmentchedda and the Oats' fifth starter (blundercrush or steve) won't make their starts during this series, but I'll try to fit them in a second series later this season (probably September).

So here's the deal: If you are one of the scheduled starting pitchers, let me know if there's someone on the opposing team you'd like to hit when he (or she?) comes to the plate. I'll try to accommodate what I can, but don't want things to get so out of hand with ejections/suspensions that we can't field proper teams.

==============================================================================================================================

OK, on to the recap. In the All-Star Game, the Shrew Conference defeated the Bensell Conference, 4-1. Here is the box score if you'd like to see how it played out. Other than Rams Fanny going 2-for-3, no Swamp player did jack shit of note. govmentchedda and rass got the Cito Gaston/Mike Mussina treatment and did not make an appearance.

The Sports Frogs picked up after the break by taking two of three from Saint John to stay atop the Northeast Division. Next week they'll start with a four-game home series against the hated Holland Oats, followed by a three-game set against Danbury.

- This Week: 2-1
- Season: 65-34 (1st in Div)
- League Power Ranking: 4nd
- Next Week: vs. Holland (4 games), vs. Danbury (3 games)

Image Holland Oats
The Oats won their first game after the break, but then dropped the next two to fall a half-game back of the surging Parma Ham Fighters for the division lead. After their showdown in Burlington, the Oats will host a three-game set vs. Nassau.

- This Week: 1-2
- Season: 52-44 (2nd in Div, 0.5 GB)
- League Power Ranking: 9th
- Next Week: at Burlington (4 games), vs. Nassau (3 games)

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- Dustin Hand of the Dundalk Old Bays was suspended three games for making an obscene gesture at an umpire. Just to let you guys know that's a thing that can happen in this game.

Image Burlington Stats

Image Holland Stats
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Site pages are updated.

SWAMP BASEBALL LEAGUE
League Home
Standings
Team Index

Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule

Image Holland Oats
Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule
Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 16 UPDATE - FROGS vs. OATS! (see notes)

Post by Gunpowder »

Actual shot of Dustin Hand
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
sancarlos
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 16 UPDATE - FROGS vs. OATS! (see notes)

Post by sancarlos »

Gunpowder wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 am Image

Actual shot of Dustin Hand
You don't need to show a picture of his brother, Cawkin.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

FYI, "who do you want to hit?" requests for pitchers can be posted here, or you can PM if you want to keep it a secret (as at least one person has already done).