Stan Mikita

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Bummer....
Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Stan Mikita

Post by Pruitt »

One of the legends of my youth.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I met him once, at a dinner. Hell of a nice guy.

My employer was one of the lesser sponsors of a senior pga tournament about ten years ago, and a bunch of retired pro athletes played in the pro-am. As part of the sponsorship, a bunch of the old athletes came to a dinner our sales guys held for big customers, and I got to tag along to the event. Some of the old athletes were dicks (John Havlicek), some were drunk (Steve Carlton - but very open and interesting), and some guys were just super friendly and patient with us dorks. Stan Mikita especially so. Being one of the few hockey fans in the group, I got to spend a lot of time listening to stories by the old hockey guys. They were great - Marcel Dionne and Phil Esposito were also there, but Mikita stood out for being especially gracious.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Not going to make second wlu_lax prompted Wayne's World reference in less than a week...Not going to make second wlu_lax prompted Wayne's World reference in less than a week...Not going to make second wlu_lax prompted Wayne's World reference in less than a week...
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.