The Indictment Thread (Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part II)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

EnochRoot
The Dude

Re: The Indictment Thread (Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part II)

Post by EnochRoot »

The Cruelty is the Point.

I just nodded my head the whole time I read this piece (it's worth your time)...

It closes with the following:
Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright. The president’s ability to execute that cruelty through word and deed makes them euphoric. It makes them feel good, it makes them feel proud, it makes them feel happy, it makes them feel united. And as long as he makes them feel that way, they will let him get away with anything, no matter what it costs them.
ahh-yup.
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Sounds like my dad and every Republican I know.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Hope you guys are okay during this national emergy.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The mis-spellings on on purpose and calculated.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

<pounds desk, throws hands up in the air and just walks away forever...>

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Minute one of the Obama presidency was met with him giving up his BlackBerry.

But yeah. OPSEC and all that shit for this garbage president. I hate living in double standard land being a military member.

I can be the recipient of an email with an accidental classified disclosure and my computer can be of completely but I'll still lose connectivity for multiple weeks. But this manbaby can use an unsecure cell phone and be listened to daily.

Unfuckingreal.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:37 pm <pounds desk, throws hands up in the air and just walks away forever...>

Hasn't this been common knowledge since he took office? Meanwhile, he still calls for locking up Hillary for using a private server in her home (that was more secure than government servers) while he uses his completely unsecured personal cell phone. As far as giving away classified info, the day he invited the Russian ambassador and known spy into the Oval Office, he flat out told them classified intel the Israelis gave us.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

He's unleashed basically a false flag tweet.

Since he accuses others of stuff that he has done or plans on doing, noted.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The fact that there is a Trump sticker on the suspect's van is very on point.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:44 am The fact that there is a Trump sticker on the suspect's van is very on point.
It was PLASTERED with Trump stickers.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

brian wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:47 am
tennbengal wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:44 am The fact that there is a Trump sticker on the suspect's van is very on point.
It was PLASTERED with Trump stickers.
Yeah, I posted that from just the initial screen grabs that had one - saw the pics that others have put up about a very memorable van - I think one of the stickers had most of the bombing recipients on it...
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:57 am van - I think one of the stickers had most of the bombing recipients on it...
Most with targeting sights
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Those are actually plus signs which proves he's a liberal who loves the Democrats.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The problem is with this Supreme Court who the fuck knows? I know the administration will be immediately sued if it tries and the case will end up at the Supreme Court, but if anyone can honestly suggest they know what will happen there they're lying.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:28 pm The problem is with this Supreme Court who the fuck knows? I know the administration will be immediately sued if it tries and the case will end up at the Supreme Court, but if anyone can honestly suggest they know what will happen there they're lying.
I mean, I'm no constitutional scholar, but I thought changing the Constitution was a legislative branch function that then went to ballots in the states. I can't see any way a Supreme Court justice could possibly say a fucking executive order is grounds for changing the Constitution, no matter how much you like beer.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The shittiest part is everyone around him knows that can't be done (Trump's too fucking stupid/ignorant to know the difference), but they just fed it into his ear to foment the fucking mouth-breathers who support him. What a fucking cunt.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

More here. On the above tweet. Looks like Wohl was trying to suborn perjury at a minimum. Hopefully the FBI will investigate this and prosecute him.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Yeah, that's all bullshit, all right.
The woman told reporters in an email, a copy of which I obtained, that she was contacted by a man “with a British accent” who wanted to ask her “a couple questions about Robert Mueller, whom I worked with when I was a paralegal for Pillsbury, Madison, and Sutro in 1974. I asked him who he was working for, and he told me his boss was some sort of politics guy in Washington named Jack Burkman. I reluctantly told [him] that I had only worked with Mr. Mueller for a short period of time, before leaving that firm to have my first son.”

She continued: “In more of an effort to get him to go away than anything else, I asked him what in the hell he wanted me to do. He said that we could not talk about it on the phone, and he asked me to download an app on my phone called Signal, which he said was more secure. Reluctantly, I downloaded the app and he called me on that app a few minutes later. He said (and I will never forget exactly what it was) ‘I want you to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller, and I want you to sign a sworn affidavit to that effect.’” The man “offered to pay off all of my credit card debt, plus bring me a check for $20,000 if I would do” it, she wrote. “He knew exactly how much credit card debt I had, right down to the dollar, which sort of freaked me out.”
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The interesting thing about this to me is that these far-right dipshits honestly believe the accusations against Kavanaugh were trumped up and tried to gin up their own false accusations and are apparently finding out it's not as easy as they think.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:13 pm The interesting thing about this to me is that these far-right dipshits honestly believe the accusations against Kavanaugh were trumped up and tried to gin up their own false accusations and are apparently finding out it's not as easy as they think.
Yet Trump's base will somehow believe these allegations, and at the same time, use this to prove Kavanaugh's accusers were fake, because this proves you can pay people to make accusations.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:30 pm
brian wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:13 pm The interesting thing about this to me is that these far-right dipshits honestly believe the accusations against Kavanaugh were trumped up and tried to gin up their own false accusations and are apparently finding out it's not as easy as they think.
Yet Trump's base will somehow believe these allegations, and at the same time, use this to prove Kavanaugh's accusers were fake, because this proves you can pay people to make accusations.
If I were in position to stop the Republicans from taking over a Supreme Court seat by making a false accusation, I might do it.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:10 pm Yeah, that's all bullshit, all right.
The woman told reporters in an email, a copy of which I obtained, that she was contacted by a man “with a British accent” who wanted to ask her “a couple questions about Robert Mueller, whom I worked with when I was a paralegal for Pillsbury, Madison, and Sutro in 1974. I asked him who he was working for, and he told me his boss was some sort of politics guy in Washington named Jack Burkman. I reluctantly told [him] that I had only worked with Mr. Mueller for a short period of time, before leaving that firm to have my first son.”

She continued: “In more of an effort to get him to go away than anything else, I asked him what in the hell he wanted me to do. He said that we could not talk about it on the phone, and he asked me to download an app on my phone called Signal, which he said was more secure. Reluctantly, I downloaded the app and he called me on that app a few minutes later. He said (and I will never forget exactly what it was) ‘I want you to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller, and I want you to sign a sworn affidavit to that effect.’” The man “offered to pay off all of my credit card debt, plus bring me a check for $20,000 if I would do” it, she wrote. “He knew exactly how much credit card debt I had, right down to the dollar, which sort of freaked me out.”
This story keeps getting crazier and crazier.
At least seven supposed employees of the company use fake headshots on their LinkedIn profiles. Talia Yaniv, whose page lists her as Surefire’s “Tel Aviv station chief,” uses a photo of Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli. The photo of Surefire’s “financial investigator” is actually actor Christoph Waltz. The company’s “station chief” in DC uses a photo of Sigourney Weaver’s husband. And its deputy director of operations ripped off a headshot from a Michigan pastor.
How in the hell did these fuckwits think this was going to work?
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:30 pm
And you have lazy-minded people who will false-equivalency Ford's allegations against Kavanaugh as a reason why this sort of thing was bound to happen.

It takes that specific talking point to tolerate what GOP operatives have done here, period.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Another turn:

(Buy their book Tuesday!)

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

There's a reason that Jim Hoft, the 'Genius' behind Gateway Pundit, is known as the 'Dumbest Man On The Internet'
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Trump May Send 15,000 MoreTroops To The Mexican Border

Sleep well America, your tax dollars are being well spent.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

And Jade Helm was some leftist plot to invade Texas.

Thankfully, I'm not one of them.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Hope Lee Atwater is still rotting in hell.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

This is..something.

You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:35 pm This is..something.

As bad as that is (and it’s especially bad for a President) it’s not as bad as I might have guessed (which leads me to believe it’s all true).
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Purely rhetorical post...

But isn't it a disgraceful state of affairs when the President is spending such a huge portion of his skimpy work day travelling to campaign for his lackeys?

Like, I have never seen this amount of rallies before. Shouldn't he be doing his job?

Fuck I hate that guy.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:34 pm Purely rhetorical post...

But isn't it a disgraceful state of affairs when the President is spending such a huge portion of his skimpy work day travelling to campaign for his lackeys?

Like, I have never seen this amount of rallies before. Shouldn't he be doing his job?

Fuck I hate that guy.
There is always a tweet...

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

brian wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:10 pm More here. On the above tweet. Looks like Wohl was trying to suborn perjury at a minimum. Hopefully the FBI will investigate this and prosecute him.
And he keeps digging himself in deeper and deeper....he posted a picture on twitter of him with the "accuser", with the accuser's face blacked out.

And of course, someone did the reverse google image search...and discovered that the picture was him and an old girlfriend.

And, just to make it even more ridiculous...Wohl's partner in stupidity, Burkman, stood there at their press conference with his fly down the entire time.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »