Why, honestly?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Why, honestly?

Post by Square Rob »

Wife and I are on vacation in the St. Pete area. Ate at an excellent hole in the strip mall Italian place tonight (Mario’s at Madeira Beach, if you are so inclined). I couldn’t decide between the veal scallopini and the shrimp scampi (which was recommended to us by our breakfast waitress). So I ordered both thinking I would take one home. Instead both were great and I sucked them down like a damn grotesque glutton. Wife and I decided my Italian mobster name is now Bobby Two Plates. But fuck me am I now uncomfortable. Last night I ate something that was far too hot. Tonight it’s too much.

Why. Do. I. Constantly. Make. Horrific. Dining. Choices?
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Re: Why, honestly?

Post by Square Rob »

It’s because I have neither self control nor shame. I love food.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

But fuck me ive been on the shitter for 30 minutes.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Allow me to highly recommend The Reading Room if you're up for another fantastic meal in Pinellas.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Worth it.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This is me every time I order a large pizza with the intention of eating half and saving half for tomorrow (which is still really probably way too much but still) and just end up inevitably eating the whole thing over the course of the night.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

EdRomero wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:44 pmWorth it.
Totally. Now I crash for my 6:45 tee time.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

govmentchedda wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:44 pm Allow me to highly recommend The Reading Room if you're up for another fantastic meal in Pinellas.
Drove by there, so will check it out tomorrow. Thanks!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Impressed all around here. Every time over the last ~5 years I’ve been solo I’ve considered ordering a pizza just to see if I could knock a whole one out and I don’t feel overly confident.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'll eat an obnoxious amount of food like that and still be hungry. I have to consciously not eat so I don't eat too much. It sucks. I'm sure I have some disease. And I'm sure my being tired all the time is wrapped up in it.

But I've had bloodwork done and all the tests shit I'm fine. So whatever.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I used to be able to house a large pizza no problem. Now 2-3 pieces and I am stuffed. Makes no sense because I am pushing 270 and feel like I never eat huge meals.

(I drink a lot of stupid calories so It makes perfect sense)
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Every time I go out to eat with the wife, she takes half her meal home in a box. Unless I don’t like something, I always eat every crumb on my plate. Always. Not healthy but it’s not going to change.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Square Rob wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:40 pm Wife and I are on vacation in the St. Pete area. Ate at an excellent hole in the strip mall Italian place tonight (Mario’s at Madeira Beach, if you are so inclined). I couldn’t decide between the veal scallopini and the shrimp scampi (which was recommended to us by our breakfast waitress). So I ordered both thinking I would take one home. Instead both were great and I sucked them down like a damn grotesque glutton. Wife and I decided my Italian mobster name is now Bobby Two Plates. But fuck me am I now uncomfortable. Last night I ate something that was far too hot. Tonight it’s too much.

Why. Do. I. Constantly. Make. Horrific. Dining. Choices?

The meal's not over when you are full...its over when you hate yourself. - A comedian who shall rename nameless
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I will be posting here a lot during our cruise, right?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I used to be the classic eat like I have a hollow leg. I could easily crush a large pizza by myself back in college.

These days, it's VERY rare that I finish a full meal out at a restaurant. My wife and I routinely split an appetizer and an entree and sometimes even then we have leftovers.

Like AB said, I tend to drink those extra calories, but still... That's by far the clearest signal I'm getting old.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I make bad food choices all the time...the only thing that saves me from being a complete obese mess is moderation. If I could cut back on the drinking and exercise, I'd probably drop some weight pretty quickly. I rarely overeat to the point of being uncomfortable any more because that's one of the worst feelings in the world to me. Really the last time I did that I puked a little in the parking lot at Rancho de Chimayo in New Mexico about 5 years ago.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Giff wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:33 am I make bad food choices all the time...the only thing that saves me from being a complete obese mess is moderation. If I could cut back on the drinking and exercise, I'd probably drop some weight pretty quickly. I rarely overeat to the point of being uncomfortable any more because that's one of the worst feelings in the world to me. Really the last time I did that I puked a little in the parking lot at Rancho de Chimayo in New Mexico about 5 years ago.
Rancho De Chimayo is one of my favorite places on the planet.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:38 am
Giff wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:33 am I make bad food choices all the time...the only thing that saves me from being a complete obese mess is moderation. If I could cut back on the drinking and exercise, I'd probably drop some weight pretty quickly. I rarely overeat to the point of being uncomfortable any more because that's one of the worst feelings in the world to me. Really the last time I did that I puked a little in the parking lot at Rancho de Chimayo in New Mexico about 5 years ago.
I'll need to find it, but there's a picture of my dad and me where you can see the agony on both of our faces. That was my first trip there and ready to go back.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Is that the place South Park based an episode on?
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Square Rob wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:41 pm But fuck me ive been on the shitter for 30 minutes.
Uhhh maybe later after you've cleaned yourself up?
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:43 am Is that the place South Park based an episode on?
Ha. No!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Oh, for shame! That was even in my Denver thread... Should've known with the CO angle on SP.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

How long a drive from ABQ is that?

Johnnie - we should make a pilgrimage there sometime when I'm in NM.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:22 am

According to Google Maps, 1 1/2 hours. Totally worth it.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Beautiful drive too.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Ryan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:22 am I will be posting here a lot during our cruise, right?
I don't know, I actually lost a few pounds on my first cruise/honeymoon. We did a ton of walking every day, which balanced out the meals and 24 hour frozen yogurt/ice cream machine. That was also a Costa cruise, and the food was catered to Italians, so much healthier than America cruises. Second cruise was Carnival. The buffet food wasn't that good or tempting, so I kept it reasonable at lunch and breakfast, and the dining room dinners were small servings and healthyish options, so it wasn't an issue. I did go to FlavorTown and eat a Guy Fieri burger one day, but used the Donkey Sauce sparingly.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Yes. Yes we should. I've driven further for less.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Yes. Yes we should. I've driven further for less.
There's a Bunny Ranch joke sitting here, but I'm not clever enough to make it.

/lazy-backhanded-joke-mechanism
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

I hurt myself here on frequent occasion. A great craft beer lineup and 4$ old styles when you just want something to drink. Love me some Dan's

http://www.fatdansdeli.com/menu.php
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

I don’t eat like that all the time, but definitely more regularly on vacation. I also tend to lose weight on vacation (which pisses off the wife), as I get bored on the beach so run (almost) every day. Before we left I was almost finally back under 200, which is my goal before summer. My empty drinking calories are by far my worst habit, with Popeyes for lunch every week second.

Leaving St Pete today for Orlando. Wife has a conference Wednesday through Saturday, so I unfortunately have to play golf every day. Didn’t make it to the reading room because we got hammered on the beach since it was our last day. Regardless, it was a pleasant stay, though not sure we will be back here. We both like the pace a little better on the panhandle, and Pensacola is only a 5.5 hour drive from home.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

St. Pete, Orlando...hit up Deltona and get the whole shitty mid-Florida coast-to-coast experience!
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:38 am Rancho De Chimayo is one of my favorite places on the planet.
| went to college with the owner's kid. Kid could cook.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

Lunch at the nearest Mexican joint to the plant. I ask the waitress for some hot sauce. She asks if I want the bottle kind or the kitchen version. My brain and stomach clearly tell me I want the bottle. My balls and my tongue say kitchen. It’s hotter than shit and I eat it all. Will definitely spend 40 agonizing minutes in the shitter at some point early this evening. Again, why?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You made the right wrong call.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Gunpowder wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:15 am St. Pete, Orlando...hit up Deltona and get the whole shitty mid-Florida coast-to-coast experience!
Hey now. U know it's bad when I have to stick up for Florida. Don't know what's it's like to live there but that tourism trip is pretty solid though I loathe Disney far more than the locals.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:56 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:15 am St. Pete, Orlando...hit up Deltona and get the whole shitty mid-Florida coast-to-coast experience!
Hey now. U know it's bad when I have to stick up for Florida. Don't know what's it's like to live there but that tourism trip is pretty solid though I loathe Disney far more than the locals.
Orlando (for the most part) and Deltona I agree with. St. Pete's got some things though.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

I dont get many opportunities to gloat in rehab but i am supposed to gain another 40 pounds. I pretty much have a license to eat the whole large pizza every meal...that must suck for you guys
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

govmentchedda wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:14 pm
Orlando (for the most part) and Deltona I agree with. St. Pete's got some things though.
The golf in Orlando was spectacular though.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

TT2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 pm I dont get many opportunities to gloat in rehab but i am supposed to gain another 40 pounds. I pretty much have a license to eat the whole large pizza every meal...that must suck for you guys
That is a truly wide silver lining!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Square Rob wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:48 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:14 pm
The golf in Orlando was spectacular though.
Good point, and to be fair, there are a couple places in that area that I enjoy as well.