Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part III - A Democratic House

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part III - A Democratic House

Post by Johnnie »

Edit:

Good thing once John McCain was diagnosed with terminal cancer he didn't step down before the magical cut off date so that his seat could be put up for special election. Instead he stayed loyal to the party and Martha McSally got to be appointed to it!

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Trump deleted a tweet where he inadvertantly said Russia helped him get elected. What a big, stupid idiot.

And I'm watching Fox News right now, man this network is a dumpster fire. And the deputy press secretary is name Hogan Gidley? That's a dumb name.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

US energy department rebrands fossil fuels as 'molecules of freedom'
It’s unclear if members of the Trump administration attempting to assign patriotic intentions to natural gas are aware of the silliness of the concept, but Rick Perry seems to believe in it.

“Seventy-five years after liberating Europe from Nazi Germany occupation, the United States is again delivering a form of freedom to the European continent,” the energy secretary said earlier this month, according to EURACTV.

“And rather than in the form of young American soldiers, it’s in the form of liquefied natural gas.”
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It speaks to the circus of the Trump Adminstration that Rick 'Oops' & 'We should abolish the DoE' Perry has been either doing a good job or is completely forgotten and is probably doing a bad job as head of the DoE. I simply do not know.

But 'molecules of freedom'? What the fuck is that? Only bald eagle jizz can reasonable be labeled molecules of freedom, but my engine doesn't run on that, so...
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

At the Air Force Academy graduation:

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Some people online have a lot of time on their hands and I'm thankful for that.

L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

You can also say to these people "you back a president whose policy on immigration is sticking children in cages, so you are an utter piece of garbage as a human being".

ETA: Maybe that's the best way to pull in undecideds/swing voters. Instead of trying to to attack him on his encyclopediac litany of terrible words/actions/statements, just focus on the worst one. Attack him repeatedly that his administration sticks children in cages. Turn it into a moral issue, in that supporting the president is tacitly supporting putting children in cages. Trying to cast a net over so large an area of malfeasance is just going to turn voters off.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

In theory, I agree, but he was elected while/for demonizing the people from those countries so I'm skeptical it'll work.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:25 pm At the Air Force Academy graduation:

I was talking to my parents last night (who live in Colorado Springs) and they were telling me about the graduation ceremony, and how Trump had come to give a speech. I said 'That's nice that they booked a clown show for graduation'.

Gotta remember not to talk politics with my parents.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:01 am In theory, I agree, but he was elected while/for demonizing the people from those countries so I'm skeptical it'll work.
Agreed, there are undoubtedly undecideds who feel that the US needs strong borders and view this as some acceptable cost because they don't know what the answer is. In other words, it is horrible, but not enough to actually motivate people to vote for another candidate who may have other policy positions they disagree with.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:23 am You can also say to these people "you back a president whose policy on immigration is sticking children in cages, so you are an utter piece of garbage as a human being".

ETA: Maybe that's the best way to pull in undecideds/swing voters. Instead of trying to to attack him on his encyclopediac litany of terrible words/actions/statements, just focus on the worst one. Attack him repeatedly that his administration sticks children in cages. Turn it into a moral issue, in that supporting the president is tacitly supporting putting children in cages. Trying to cast a net over so large an area of malfeasance is just going to turn voters off.
Yeah, unfortunately that doesn't work. He announced his candidacy with a speech dehumanizing illegal immigrants, so his supporters are thrilled with the family separation. Those who voted for Trump while acknowledging some foibles (e.g. I don't like the Tweets, but...) counter with, "I don't like it, but the Dems want open borders and allow everyone in with no accounting (yet somehow give them free healthcare, homes, cars, yachts...). The other response I hear from non-Trump loving Republicans is, "well, you can't agree with any candidate 100% of the time, and while I don't like caging children, the economy is great/we are defeating ISIS/we are finally tough on China..."
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Anyone who views kids in outdoor cages as an unfortunate but ultimately acceptable tradeoff should probably fuck themselves to death.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Oh, no question they can all go fuck themselves.

That's our reality now. Fuck off to about 35-40 percent of the country. And even the 10-15 in the middle.. A bunch of those folks can fuck off because they're just "ignoring politics, it's too toxic" or whatever rationalization they are making for being passive while this modern day Nixon-->Hitler* marches on.

* - And I know Godwin's Law and all of that, but the parallels to the way he is operating to Germany in the 30s are pretty obvious to those paying attention. Today's Immigrants = Germany's Jews.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Like A Policy Made By A 10 Year Old
On Thursday Trump announced that he was placing a 5% tariff on “every single good coming into the United States from Mexico” starting on 10 June, to pressure the country to do more to curb immigration into the US.

The tariffs will rise by 5% each month until it reaches 25% in October if the number of people crossing the border doesn’t “come down substantially”, the White House acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, said.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

An organic 9-10% away from the House considering a move!
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

mister d wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:33 am

An organic 9-10% away from the House considering a move!
This is an interesting interview with Ryan Grim, who just wrote a book on the modern history of the Democratic Party that has been getting great reviews.

Here’s an excerpt of Grim’s take on Pelosi. The main takeaway is that her pushing back on impeachment isn’t part of some master plan. But rather, it’s part of her 30-year long view that the Progressive wing of the Party needs to be reined in.
Nancy Pelosi likes to say that she’s from the Bay Area and so she understands the left. That’s true in the sense that she beat the left to win her seat. It’s not that she organized support among the left, but she barely won. If they were using the current top two system, I think she would have lost her first seat and there would be no Nancy Pelosi.

But she wins in 1987. She joins Steny Hoyer who’d been there for a while already and a class of Democrats who came in in the late 70s and 80s, just as the party was ending. And in 1980, not only did you have Ronald Reagan elected and have him re-elected in 1984, but in ’80, a whole slew of liberal lions who’d been running for president just four years earlier, who’d been serving five, six terms, famous people at the time like Birch Bayh, Frank Church all upset by these upstart, insurgent Republicans.

And so, you’ve got this rise of the new right. Newt Gingrich elected in ’78 and then Reagan in ’80 and it teaches people like Pelosi that liberalism is going to cost them elections, that if they let the country know how progressive they are, then there’s going to be a backlash. And they learned that lesson over and over throughout the ’80s as Reagan kept pounding them. ...

But as you watch Nancy Pelosi trying to navigate Trump, all she’s thinking about is the Reagan era. If she says that she’s for impeachment, if she says she’s for Medicare for all, if she says she’s for a Green New Deal, that the country is going to recoil at their progressivism and they’re going to be thrown out.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Plenty of good seats available, amongst the handful of actual supporters.

Edit, this is pretty good:

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

Camilla strategically places her hands where Trump can't grab her
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Baloney wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Camilla strategically places her hands where Trump can't grab her
That is a lot of horrible people in one picture.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Kleptocracy In Action

It really was evil genius when the thieving rapacious capitalists decided to align themselves with the born again crowd. Just say you are against abortion and foreigners and hey! presto - power and money beyond your wildest dreams.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I almost decided to go TNT on Facebook on all my Fox News/Republican friends and just delete my account afterwards after watching that fucking maggot.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Recommendation from the Special Counsel that Kellyanne get fired for to violations of the Hatch Act.

SHS is leaving her job at the end of the month.

Trump says he's welcome foreign collision if it would help him win in 2020.

And like last week McConnell prevented bills that would protect voting in 2020 and his dumb wife hasn't divested from a business she was supposed to digest from and hooked him up with a bunch of money to keep him in power.

When does war with Iran start? This shit is getting nauseating.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Well, Pompeo blamed the tanker situation on Iran.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:41 pm Well, Pompeo blamed the tanker situation on Iran.
And conveniently gave no evidence. Like sure...we trust you guys.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:08 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:41 pm Well, Pompeo blamed the tanker situation on Iran.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

In one sense, I'm surprised the Sec of State accusing Iran of attacking oil ships isn't bigger news, but the moron President proudly announcing he would totally collude with a foreign government to impact the election if given the opportunity has sucked the wind out of this story. FFS, 2 years of "no collusion! no collusion," and he still says, during a televised interview, "yeah, of course I would accept foreign intel on my opponent..." The level of stupidity and corruption is unfathomable! And not only do his fuckwit supporters not have a problem with him openly admitting he would commit a felony to cheat in a Presidential election, they still want to put Hillary in prison for legally hiring a private investigator to conduct opposition research, which every single candidate ever has done.

It drives me nuts that the media doesn't point out the difference between paying a company to accumulate public data, vs. accepting intel from a foreign government (in exchange for...?), which is a very clear violation of election law. Essentially accepting a bribe from a foreign government, which they will expect some sort of favorable treatment, and we all know Trump will hand over the Treasury, top secret intel or alter foreign policy if you merely "say very nice things" about him, what will he do for countries that hand over intel to help him get reelected?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Donald Trump : "No collusion" :: Rick James : "I'd never put my feet on Charlie Murphy's couch."

And the media is complicit. They always have been. They rely on the spectacle to get paid. I blame Jerry Springer and OJ for America sucking ass.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I don't know where the quote started, but I really liked "I won't believe Sanders is stepping down until I hear her deny it".
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:34 am
DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:08 pm
Gulf of Tonkin: The Sequel.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Which itself was the sequel to “Remember The Maine”. If the United States wants badly enough to go to war with you they’ll make it happen.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?