Re: Proud Parental Unit Crowing Thread

Post by rass »

She’s right about Dany. Good stuff.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Well, he couldn’t send his wife...
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

L-Jam4's 8 y/o baseball team, the Cubs, have been notoriously bad, going 2-9 and last in a 6-team prep league. Yesterday, they played their first game of the playoffs vs. the Cardinals, and lo and behold, they won 5-3 and are moving on. While I'll be spending a good portion of this summer working on his hitting timing for next spring, I'm really proud of the way he keeps his head up after K'ing. The dads are all in, and we started a "Go Cubs, Go" song after the post-game huddle with their coach. Fly the W!

They get those douchebag Brewers tomorrow in the final four game. Those pricks are real showboats, and I'm looking forward to them getting upset by my guys. If not, I hope Jake, one of only two good pitchers, drills #5 in the back, that cocky punk.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:11 am L-Jam4's 8 y/o baseball team, the Cubs, have been notoriously bad, going 2-9 and last in a 6-team prep league. Yesterday, they played their first game of the playoffs vs. the Cardinals, and lo and behold, they won 5-3 and are moving on. While I'll be spending a good portion of this summer working on his hitting timing for next spring, I'm really proud of the way he keeps his head up after K'ing. The dads are all in, and we started a "Go Cubs, Go" song after the post-game huddle with their coach. Fly the W!

They get those douchebag Brewers tomorrow in the final four game. Those pricks are real showboats, and I'm looking forward to them getting upset by my guys. If not, I hope Jake, one of only two good pitchers, drills #5 in the back, that cocky punk.
Awesome. I'm glad your Cubs can get the occasional hit with a runner in scoring position.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:11 am L-Jam4's 8 y/o baseball team, the Cubs, have been notoriously bad, going 2-9 and last in a 6-team prep league. Yesterday, they played their first game of the playoffs vs. the Cardinals, and lo and behold, they won 5-3 and are moving on. While I'll be spending a good portion of this summer working on his hitting timing for next spring, I'm really proud of the way he keeps his head up after K'ing. The dads are all in, and we started a "Go Cubs, Go" song after the post-game huddle with their coach. Fly the W!

8 year old baseball games that have pitchers...I just would assume #5 gets hit by a pitch, brushed back, has to duck a ball, or such. Only thing funnier would be if he got drilled in coach pitch (mental note---include that in yet to be made movie when I option Bill Geist's Little League Confidential----highly recommended read for any youth sports coach).
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The league is machine pitch the first two innings, and then kids pitch the last four. They get pulled after 2 innings (one batter counts as an inning), 4 walks, or 40 pitches, whatever comes first. So Brewers #5 better watch his ass.

I'm obviously joking about hitting the kid on purpose. I was just a little perturbed that he was all duckwalking. I feel like the Brewers coach needed to address that, especially since it's a developmental league. Teaching players not to be pricks would seem to be something a guy who coaches 8 year-olds that's part of the job.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:30 am The league is machine pitch the first two innings, and then kids pitch the last four. They get pulled after 2 innings (one batter counts as an inning), 4 walks, or 40 pitches, whatever comes first. So Brewers #5 better watch his ass.

I'm obviously joking about hitting the kid on purpose. I was just a little perturbed that he was all duckwalking. I feel like the Brewers coach needed to address that, especially since it's a developmental league. Teaching players not to be pricks would seem to be something a guy who coaches 8 year-olds that's part of the job.
and if there coach can't teach that...isn't it your job to teach them about the unwritten rules of baseball but having your pitcher throw at him
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Alas playoffs ended a couple weeks back for the White Sox. Successful season but youth sports is insanely competitive so it's really hard to win around here. Kid made me super proud though. Some dad with an expensive camera took some great shots and I wanted to show off the homemade mound.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ydbVWH4bKZX4NFz3A
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

God damn. I know its stills, but his arm action looks incredible.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

HaulCitgo wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 am Alas playoffs ended a couple weeks back for the White Sox. Successful season but youth sports is insanely competitive so it's really hard to win around here. Kid made me super proud though. Some dad with an expensive camera took some great shots and I wanted to show off the homemade mound.

Nice!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The wife has decided we are sitting up until my daughter gets back from NYC, probably around midnight. And by we I mean she is asleep and I have direct orders to wake her up when the child is close.

What she doesn’t know (she knows) is that I am getting shit knuckled hammered in the meantime.

It’s monday. God rest my soul.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

HaulCitgo wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 am Alas playoffs ended a couple weeks back for the White Sox. Successful season but youth sports is insanely competitive so it's really hard to win around here. Kid made me super proud though. Some dad with an expensive camera took some great shots and I wanted to show off the homemade mound.

Wow, great pics. Looks like your kid can really sling it!
Totally Kafkaesque
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

A_B wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:35 pm The wife has decided we are sitting up until my daughter gets back from NYC, probably around midnight. And by we I mean she is asleep and I have direct orders to wake her up when the child is close.

What she doesn’t know (she knows) is that I am getting shit knuckled hammered in the meantime.

It’s monday. God rest my soul.
Me when child was born: Man, 18 years of worry and stress.

Me when they hit 18: Man, was I naive back in the day.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That's the warning I received. Younger its constant smaller problems, older its much bigger problems.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

mister d wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:02 am That's the warning I received. Younger its constant smaller problems, older its much bigger problems.
How it was affecting my parents is really why I decided once and for all to bury the bullshit between two of my siblings and me. I know it hurt them to watch their kids go through some of the stuff we have (bad divorces, money issues, losing jobs, etc.) and how much they did their best to support us, I didn't want them to spend any more of their precious years worrying about that kind of nonsense. And the best part is that my family hasn't been closer than we are now in decades.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Shirley wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:33 am

Wow, great pics. Looks like your kid can really sling it!
And looks are deceiving. He was very much the 4th pitcher on his team, though in the playoff game in the pics he threw a shutout 7th (extras) to keep the game going and got yanked up four runs with two outs and bases loaded in the 8th. They lost. Of course dad thought he was better than two, but one threw consistent (slow) strikes and the other was the 4 spot guy that threw heat but was too streaky and pitched horribly in the playoffs.

Mostly the pics show how great his dad is at teaching mechanics and building mounds.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I think the thing most people underestimate is how you never stop worrying. And the thing is, when they're little, you have (seemingly) much more direct control of their environment/situation. And that control slowly seeps away... you leave them with relatives for a weekend. You start them in nursery school for a couple of hours.. You send them off to K-garten, etc. etc.

To the point that I've got one in Denver and one in Boston and when they falter we feel incredibly helpless and that's just a different type of worry/heartbreak.

We truly exalt and celebrate the victories and try not to focus on the worrying. But it's a tough balance.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Cam got picked to read his “what i learned” essay at 5th grade graduation. I might sneak out the back.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:12 am
mister d wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:02 am That's the warning I received. Younger its constant smaller problems, older its much bigger problems.
How it was affecting my parents is really why I decided once and for all to bury the bullshit between two of my siblings and me. I know it hurt them to watch their kids go through some of the stuff we have (bad divorces, money issues, losing jobs, etc.) and how much they did their best to support us, I didn't want them to spend any more of their precious years worrying about that kind of nonsense. And the best part is that my family hasn't been closer than we are now in decades.
Good for you. I tried that whole forming an adult relationship with my sister for the sake of my mother, but my sister is just an intolerable bitch. We don't fight at all, just talk maybe twice a year, and have our kids call each other on their birthdays.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:48 am
Good for you. I tried that whole forming an adult relationship with my sister for the sake of my mother, but my sister is just an intolerable bitch. We don't fight at all, just talk maybe twice a year, and have our kids call each other on their birthdays.
Well, I'm sure our situation has been helped by whatever drugs my sister is on. She's a completely different person the last two years than she has been in a very long time. And their acceptance over how I handle my issues.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Ryan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:42 am Cam got picked to read his “what i learned” essay at 5th grade graduation. I might sneak out the back.
He can't be that bad of a reader.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

(Talking way too quiet and fast) - "Webster's defines graduation as..."

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:20 am I think the thing most people underestimate is how you never stop worrying. And the thing is, when they're little, you have (seemingly) much more direct control of their environment/situation. And that control slowly seeps away... you leave them with relatives for a weekend. You start them in nursery school for a couple of hours.. You send them off to K-garten, etc. etc.

To the point that I've got one in Denver and one in Boston and when they falter we feel incredibly helpless and that's just a different type of worry/heartbreak.

We truly exalt and celebrate the victories and try not to focus on the worrying. But it's a tough balance.
Yup.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:08 am
The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:48 am
Well, I'm sure our situation has been helped by whatever drugs my sister is on. She's a completely different person the last two years than she has been in a very long time. And their acceptance over how I handle my issues.

That's great. I just don't think they make drugs to help my sister (regularly smoking weed would might make her bearable), but a lobotomy could work wonders. My father always said she hit the terrible twos and never grew out of it.

My sister and I got married the same year, and my wife actually liked my sister the first time they met. My wife gave me a hard time for being overly critical of my sister and not giving her a chance to show she matured. The next time we saw her, my wife was like, "yeah, I get it." For my parents 50th anniversary 2 years ago, we all vacationed together, and my wife said "that's just someone I don't want to be around." The weird thing, my sister is only 3 years older than me, but whenever I think about my childhood, I've almost blocked her out.
-Pruitt
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Ryan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:34 am (Talking way too quiet and fast) - "Webster's defines graduation as..."
That happened to me last week so...
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

My oldest wrapped up his senior project and will graduate next week. He worked for the last month as a classroom aide for kids w special needs at the school he attended for 2-5th grade. The teachers gave him gifts and they bought Pizza and cake and the kids all said goodbye to “Mr. Jack”.

BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That's fantastic. What a great experience for him (and those kids).
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah, that's awesome. Before having a kid that age, I don't think I fully realized just how incredible cool HS kids are to them.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

That's great.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Mr Jack is, respectfully, my shit

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That’s great man.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Ryan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:28 pm Mr Jack is, respectfully, my shit
That doesn’t sound right.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Ryan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:55 pm Image
Apologies. I should have recognized.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Right on bfj- helluva celebration weekend leading up to graduation on Tuesday for you all - all the congrats.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Great parenting, BFJ. What an amazing experience and much respect to Jack. Like Mister D said, I'm sure he had a huge impact on those kids. And thanks for sharing, seeing stuff like this makes my day.
-Pruitt
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

bfj wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:10 pm My oldest wrapped up his senior project and will graduate next week. He worked for the last month as a classroom aide for kids w special needs at the school he attended for 2-5th grade. The teachers gave him gifts and they bought Pizza and cake and the kids all said goodbye to “Mr. Jack”.

This is fuckin great and you can tell him I said so.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yeah. That’s super, bfj.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian