I've gone down the Cameo rabbit hole

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

I've gone down the Cameo rabbit hole

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So if you have not looked at Cameo, it is fascinating. "Popular" people will record a custom shoutout/bday wish/etc for $. Not sure I would every pay for this as a gift (see note below). However, what I find amazing is the fee that the celebs think they are worth. And because it is all supplier driven it tells you something about the people....and the relative pricing can be amazing.

I mean Gilber Gottfried at $150 is the same as Rapaport and $100 cheaper than Flavor Flav. Tiny from Friday is $88 and Bubbles is $250 (but his goes to charity). Jose Canseco, a Duke Hoopster...it is amazing.

Footnote: I was looking for D'Brickashaw Ferguson for louthegiantrat. Years ago I found his UVA email address and got him to send an email for lou's birthday. Was hoping to do it again.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Re: I've gone down the Cameo rabbit hole

Post by bfj »

The org I work for paid Michael Rappaport $50 to give us shout outs and promote our police training. HIs character on Atypical helps train police after his son with autism has a run in with police. A $50 investment netted about $750 in donations.

My boss got the guy who played Percy Weasley in the Harry Potter movies to give her Harry Potter obsessed daughter congrats on graduating from High School.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:49 pm So if you have not looked at Cameo, it is fascinating. "Popular" people will record a custom shoutout/bday wish/etc for $. Not sure I would every pay for this as a gift (see note below). However, what I find amazing is the fee that the celebs think they are worth. And because it is all supplier driven it tells you something about the people....and the relative pricing can be amazing.

I mean Gilber Gottfried at $150 is the same as Rapaport and $100 cheaper than Flavor Flav. Tiny from Friday is $88 and Bubbles is $250 (but his goes to charity). Jose Canseco, a Duke Hoopster...it is amazing.

Footnote: I was looking for D'Brickashaw Ferguson for louthegiantrat. Years ago I found his UVA email address and got him to send an email for lou's birthday. Was hoping to do it again.
I think the more videos they generate, the more they make. When we booked Rappaport, his fee went from $50-$100. The more popular they are, the more they can charge. Rappaport gave us a video within 2 hours.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

bfj wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:16 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:49 pm So if you have not looked at Cameo, it is fascinating. "Popular" people will record a custom shoutout/bday wish/etc for $. Not sure I would every pay for this as a gift (see note below). However, what I find amazing is the fee that the celebs think they are worth. And because it is all supplier driven it tells you something about the people....and the relative pricing can be amazing.

I think the more videos they generate, the more they make. When we booked Rappaport, his fee went from $50-$100. The more popular they are, the more they can charge. Rappaport gave us a video within 2 hours.
Based on the folks I heard talking about it (radio hosts/sports junkies), the celeb sets his/her own fee and can adjust it on their own. The split is 75-25 with cameo. So it is more likely after you hiring him, he up'd his price.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

bfj wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:14 pm The org I work for paid Michael Rappaport $50 to give us shout outs and promote our police training. HIs character on Atypical helps train police after his son with autism has a run in with police. A $50 investment netted about $750 in donations.
For $50 I would have Rappaport congratulate someone on their engagement talking about a brown diamond.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Now I have fallen down this rabbit hole. I can get "The Todd" for $95...that's not bad. My wife's birthday is in late July, so, maybe...
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Celebrity worship, eh?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Sinbad for $75 seems very reasonable.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:50 pm Celebrity worship, eh?
Who wouldn't want a birthday greeting from The Todd?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I read Camaro and was having a lot of trouble grasping this thread for a minute.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:52 pm I read Camaro and was having a lot of trouble grasping this thread for a minute.
Same. Took me a second glance.

Corbin Bernsen for $100 is a steal. Something Roger Dorn wasn't known for.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Some of Stern's Wack Packers are on Cameo, and it's hilarious hearing them think they are celebrities, and more hilarious when fans send Howard the horrible videos the Wack Packers send.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:48 pm
The 80s are, without a doubt, the worst decade in pop culture. Especially the music.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

LIES!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:48 pm
The 80s are, without a doubt, the worst decade in pop culture. Especially the music.
Get outta here with that....