The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

BSF21
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by BSF21 »

brian wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 pm At this point in this country if you’re white even if they found it somehow it’s just gonna be confiscated with no consequences anyway. You could probably... will get pulled over for speeding in Ohio and tell the cops you have pot and they won’t give a fuck.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

A_B wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:34 pm
Giff wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 pm
A_B wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:06 pm let’s say you were going to be in Boston this weekend and driving back without tsa issues coming back. Would visiting a dispensary be advisable?? Asking for a friend. I really knownshit about all this.
You should be fine. We’re not the kind of guys who get pulled over for random searches.
A fair point.
Yeah, I thank my white privilege whenever I drive back from Colorado. It was a lot less stressful than it was in the old days, driving back from Wisconsin with a car full of booze.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

A RENTAL CHANGES EVERYTHING.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Giff wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 pm A RENTAL CHANGES EVERYTHING.
So does having a college-aged kid in the car to dump the blame on.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Short thread. Also Holly Anderson is a national treasure.

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I started following her a while back but have no idea why. I feel like she used to write for grant land?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

A_B wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:43 pm I started following her a while back but have no idea why. I feel like she used to write for grant land?
She did.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:00 pm
A_B wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:43 pm I started following her a while back but have no idea why. I feel like she used to write for grant land?
She did.
There you go.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

She's great on the Shutdown Fullcast.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Ohio jokes just make themselves.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

We discussed pot regulation recently in the Democratic Presidential Nomination thread. As I said there, California law is pretty clear in that consumption is only allowed within a private residence.

So, I was pretty surprised to learn that at the recent Outside Lands outdoor music festival in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, they made an exception, and allowed booths at the festival to sell marijuana, and had a designated smoking section.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:02 pm We discussed pot regulation recently in the Democratic Presidential Nomination thread. As I said there, California law is pretty clear in that consumption is only allowed within a private residence.

So, I was pretty surprised to learn that at the recent Outside Lands outdoor music festival in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, they made an exception, and allowed booths at the festival to sell marijuana, and had a designated smoking section.
I spent a fair amount of time in Golden Gate Park 20 years ago, it seemed like it was perfectly legal to openly sell and smoke marijuana in the Park back then.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:38 pm
sancarlos wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:02 pm We discussed pot regulation recently in the Democratic Presidential Nomination thread. As I said there, California law is pretty clear in that consumption is only allowed within a private residence.

I spent a fair amount of time in Golden Gate Park 20 years ago, it seemed like it was perfectly legal to openly sell and smoke marijuana in the Park back then.
Ha ha. Yeah, San Francisco has always been like that, and I'm sure that pot smoke was everywhere at that festival, smoking section or not.
Remember this funny video? Dallas newscasters previewing the 2010 World Series were shocked at open pot smoking in SF:

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Don’t grow your shit next to a bike race course

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

That's the most badass way to get busted for an illegal grow operation though, foreign edition.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Weed garden in a field of corn.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

While in LA for a conference, I saw there was a recreational weed store within walking distance of my hotel, so I figured I had to go and check it out. So fucking bizarre. The absolute easiest and best shopping experience. The store was like a high end boutique store. You had to sign in and show ID at the door, then security lets you in the back. Glass cases and a huge open space.Probably 3 employees for every customer, very happy to describe everything. A sales rep for the baked edibles was onsite, giving free samples of their baked goods (minus THC), and it was a damned good cookie! Giving out free samples of the gummies (minus THC). Huckleberry was good, but how could I pass up on the MarionBerry? For realz! First six visits come with 20% off all products. 40 servings for $35! One funny thing, they gave me a very large, heavy duty shopping bad with their logo covering the whole bag, for two little plastic cans half the size of a dip tin. I told them I didn't need a bag, but they said they have to by law, but I can leave the bag at the door. You leave the shopping floor, and the door locks behind you, and you are in a tiny room with a door to the outside. There is a pile of shopping bags stacked by the door.

So I went with a pack of hybrid (sativa and Indica) and a pack of indica gummies. Holy fuck, they are both phenomenal! They take a good 2 hours to fully kick in, and it may have been the travel, conference and everything else, but after 3 hours, it was a fight to stay awake. Serving size said half a gummy. First day I ate half a hybrid while I was getting dinner and drinks. I was feeling great, went back to the hotel and ate the other half. I drank a lot (dinner at the Firestone Walker brewery) and was worried about a hangover. Woke up at 5:00 am feeling the most rested I've felt in at least 25 years. Second night a whole indica and I was tripping hard after a couple hours. I couldn't follow the plot of Bojack, and kept slipping in and out of the most glorious dreams. Then I woke up at 4:00, feeling like the greatest parts of being very drunk without the bad aspects. Got ready for bed, slept until my alarm and felt amazing in the morning and throughout the whole day. I think if I had that much in a public setting it might not have been good, but chilling in my hotel, it was great. If I had easy access (come on, NJ, get your shit together), I seriously might never drink again.

Only downside, I had a very important conversation with my wife and I forgot I was talking to her several times and came back to consciousness realizing I was still speaking. No fucking clue what I said. I kept checking the call time, guessing if it was 10 minutes or 30 seconds since the last time I checked.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

It's going to be funny when Syb realizes he took the ones without THC.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:47 pmOnly downside, I had a very important conversation with my wife and I forgot I was talking to her several times and came back to consciousness realizing I was still speaking. No fucking clue what I said.
LMK if you need a place to crash.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:56 am
The Sybian wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:47 pmOnly downside, I had a very important conversation with my wife and I forgot I was talking to her several times and came back to consciousness realizing I was still speaking. No fucking clue what I said.
LMK if you need a place to crash.
I was worried the next morning, but all good! But since you are offering, I'll stop by tonight. Slumber party!!! I'll bring some beer.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:30 am It's going to be funny when Syb realizes he took the ones without THC.
Placebo... it's a hell of a drug!
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I'm having to go to Colorado for a couple of weeks, and thinking about picking up something that I can discretely leave at my parents house.

Can someone give me a dummies guide to vape pens?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:21 pm I'm having to go to Colorado for a couple of weeks, and thinking about picking up something that I can discretely leave at my parents house.

You'll be starting with only wanting a disposable. That narrows down the options in ways both good and bad. Easier to select what you want, but fewer options. The disposable vape pens are just like they sound -- self-contained so you don't need to worry about chargers or any of that crap. You just take the vape out of the packaging and inhale. When it's empty (most have a small window to show you the oil), you throw it away. Couldn't be simpler.

You'll be able to choose from sativa, indica or hybrid. If you don't know which of those you prefer, go with hybrid. CO should be a little cheaper than here, but still expect to pay about $25 or so for a 0.3 gram pen (or so). A little more doesn't mean you're getting ripped off, but it should be in that ballpark probably.

That size should last you quite awhile as unless you've built up a tolerance, a hit or two should be enough to do you quite nicely. Even with my tolerance and with smoking (almost) every day, a pen that size would last me a week or so.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Get the same pen manufacturer as cartridge.
Many do not interchange well. Other than that product is top notch and pens are right priced. Dummyproof.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:35 pm Get the same pen manufacturer as cartridge.
Many do not interchange well. Other than that product is top notch and pens are right priced. Dummyproof.
I'd advise against even worrying about that. Legal states have disposable pens that eliminate any confusion or chances of incompatibility.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Probably so. I have problems with the equipment I usually have. Always from CA or ma. Either screw on/charge doesn't match exactly after intermixing several or cartridge leaks or clogs at end of life. Most often really. Still definitely worth it. Talking reliability over time not problems initially.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:33 pm Probably so. I have problems with the equipment I usually have. Always from CA or ma. Either screw on/charge doesn't match exactly after intermixing several or cartridge leaks or clogs at end of life. Most often really. Still definitely worth it. Talking reliability over time not problems initially.
For sure. For reasons other than fiscal if someone was planning on doing some long-term oil vaping I’d advise buying the battery and the cartridges even with the minor headaches. Just doesn’t sound like what Dave needs in this case.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

brian wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:34 pmEven with my tolerance and with smoking (almost) every day, a pen that size would last me a week or so.
Would you mind editing this to "... a pen that is that size ..."?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

In a related story, if it wasn’t for weed I think I might have gone crazy or alcoholic living in these times. (I still probably drink more than I should or would in an alternate timeline.)
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

There's a brand of disposable pens that I've gotten from California, and seen at dispensaries in Florida called dosist. I LOVE their bliss pen. Very much sativa, so you can function and be relatively discreet. Not sure where else it's carried, but it's fantastic.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

govmentchedda wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 pmI LOVE the...n...a...ti...o...n...a...l...s .... o...l...d...s...t...u...f...
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

truth
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

govmentchedda wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 pm There's a brand of disposable pens that I've gotten from California, and seen at dispensaries in Florida called dosist. I LOVE their bliss pen. Very much sativa, so you can function and be relatively discreet. Not sure where else it's carried, but it's fantastic.
Co-sign. Picked one up in SF and the bliss pen made hiking very enjoyable.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:21 pm I'm having to go to Colorado for a couple of weeks, and thinking about picking up something that I can discretely leave at my parents house.

Where are your parents in CO again? Not that it's that big of a deal, but I'd stay away from the "town center" dispensaries, they typically tend to be a rip-off, charge you 50$ for a 30$ pen and such.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Rush2112 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Where are your parents in CO again? Not that it's that big of a deal, but I'd stay away from the "town center" dispensaries, they typically tend to be a rip-off, charge you 50$ for a 30$ pen and such.
I seem to recall DiS's parents are in Colorado Springs (right?), which doesn't have rec sales. Have to stop off along the way, or go to Manitou Springs.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I keep getting text offers from The Green Solution. I wish I lived there.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

P.D.X. wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:58 am
Rush2112 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:13 pm

I seem to recall DiS's parents are in Colorado Springs (right?), which doesn't have rec sales. Have to stop off along the way, or go to Manitou Springs.
Yeah...in The Springs.

I downloaded the WeedMaps app...and it says that the rec store in Manitou Springs is not good. And my sister is picking me up from the Airport, so I can't exactly say 'Hey...can we stop at the dispensary?'. So I'll have to make a drive somewhere.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pretty insane deal on vape carts today so went out at lunch and bought four (for $70) and then stopped at a gas station to buy a soda on the way home and stuck $20 into a machine and won a quick $100, so the universe paid me $30 to leave work and get some free weed today. May Satan forever continue to bless the great state of Nevada.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Guess I should report on my vape buying experience. The dispensary in Manitou Springs was WEIRD, compared to the weed buying experience in Seattle. You have to walk in, show your ID, get a number, then go sit in another room, until you are called, then go into another room, get ID checked again, and then talk to your budtender.

Anyways, I picked up the disposable vape pen, and a couple of gummies. Piece of cake.