Proud Parental Unit Crowing Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

elflaco
Brandt

Re: Proud Parental Unit Crowing Thread

Post by elflaco »

last day of camp today... little flaco spent last four weeks at Valley Forge Military Academy.. Survival + Fitness camp... youngest in the Fitness camp at 13.. ran a mile pb of 5:23 this morning to be the fastest man at camp... going into 8th grade in the fall.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Our daughter has played soccer in the local rec league for a couple seasons. She's not particularly good, as noted by her two most obvious traits on the pitch - lack of foot speed and lack of endurance. I'm just happy that she has an activity she likes to help her stay active. Our conversation after every game when I am not there is:

"How was soccer?"
"Good."
"Did you have fun?"
"Yes."

She now wants to try out for the local travel team. The part that makes me proud is that she has made a list of daily exercises to do and stuck it on her bedroom wall, including the motivation "Make it on the team!" at the top.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That's great.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Good for her!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Ok...its not my kid, but my GF's daughter is on the cover of the Athleta sportswear catalog. And they are giving her the big push on their IG account.

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

That’s very cool!
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Badass
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

That's fantastic.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Nice!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Cool kid.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Yeah, its pretty wild stuff. She's been doing some modelling for a couple of years now, almost exclusively for athletic/fitness type of companies like Athleta, Lululemon, and Columbia sportswear.

The trail running is a new thing for her. Her boyfriend and her have gotten way into it, and regularly do 20+ mile runs on the trails around Bend. They are doing a 3 day stage race in Colorado in a couple of weeks.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:19 am Yeah, its pretty wild stuff. She's been doing some modelling for a couple of years now, almost exclusively for athletic/fitness type of companies like Athleta, Lululemon, and Columbia sportswear.

The trail running is a new thing for her. Her boyfriend and her have gotten way into it, and regularly do 20+ mile runs on the trails around Bend. They are doing a 3 day stage race in Colorado in a couple of weeks.
Probably a stupid question. Her voice over also?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If its a stupid question, we're stupid together. I wondered the same.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:42 pm If its a stupid question, we're stupid together. I wondered the same.
Me too! I didn't want to take away from the extremely well made commercial if it wasn't her voice. I expected a group photo or something, but that was a very cool commercial!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

bfj wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:00 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:19 am Yeah, its pretty wild stuff. She's been doing some modelling for a couple of years now, almost exclusively for athletic/fitness type of companies like Athleta, Lululemon, and Columbia sportswear.

Probably a stupid question. Her voice over also?
Nope...not her voice.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The GF's daughter (and the daughter's boyfriend) are doing the 3 day TransRockies trail run event.

Yesterday was the first leg....and the daughter finished 3rd. (and just checking...looks like she finished 3rd in the 2nd leg as well).

ETA: Confirmed...she got 3rd in the second leg as well. And the boyfriend was 10th yesterday, and 8th today.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:17 pm The GF's daughter (and the daughter's boyfriend) are doing the 3 day TransRockies trail run event.

Yesterday was the first leg....and the daughter finished 3rd. (and just checking...looks like she finished 3rd in the 2nd leg as well).

ETA: Confirmed...she got 3rd in the second leg as well. And the boyfriend was 10th yesterday, and 8th today.
Bumping this....the GF's daughter did end up finishing 3rd overall for this event. Pretty wild, considering it was her first ever race like this.

And her Athleta stuff must have gotten good response/metrics, because they hired her for another round of photos/videos...
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:20 am
DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:17 pm The GF's daughter (and the daughter's boyfriend) are doing the 3 day TransRockies trail run event.

Bumping this....the GF's daughter did end up finishing 3rd overall for this event. Pretty wild, considering it was her first ever race like this.

And her Athleta stuff must have gotten good response/metrics, because they hired her for another round of photos/videos...
Doesn't the 3rd place in an event like this put her in contention for athlete sponsorship, not just hired for modeling. One of my coworkers kids ran XC at UVA and he was able to pickup a basic deal with Reebok.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:00 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:20 am

Doesn't the 3rd place in an event like this put her in contention for athlete sponsorship, not just hired for modeling. One of my coworkers kids ran XC at UVA and he was able to pickup a basic deal with Reebok.
She's already an 'influencer' for Solomon running shoes.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

My kids' school is an expeditionary learning school and they go on 2 trips/year starting at 1 night overnight trips in cabins, culminating in a 4-day backpacking trip in 6th grade. My oldest went on his 6th grade trip last week, climbing Mount Guyot (elevation 13,370 ft). This is his group, waaayyyy up in the left corner of this pic. Wish I grew up with a school like this, it's an incredible place.

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Man. That's fantastic.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yeah, that’s nice.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

I've never been more proud. From my 6th grader's teacher, about his birthday celebration last week. My wife emailed the teacher a couple of weeks ago, asking about what she could bring in for his birthday. Thinking cookies or cupcakes or something. The teacher responded with, essentially, "does he want to blow stuff up?"

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Wow, how cool!!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"celebrated his love of explosives", may be the best teacher comment ever.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

While my son is waiting for his career to take off (graduated with a degree in Industrial Design in the spring), he's begun making ASMR videos.

Now, this stuff makes me very agitated, but there are millions who enjoy it. He's made a bunch of videos, and the content is interesting even if the delivery is a bit whispery for my liking.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5vCAd ... 8xNjzNMVvQ
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So coaching my son's u-14 all star team today. Day 2, championship bracket. We are tied 2-2 and trying to get our subs in to take PKs. My assistant coach calls for a sub. Ref is a pretty big dickhead from the moment we walk on the field. He is does not wave my kids on. My assistant yells sub again. He responds "I hear you". From my bench some kid makes a comment that the ref hears but does not know who said it. So he comes to lecture me and tells me I am responsible for my bench and is going to give me a card if I don't tell him who it was. I say I did not hear anything but will go ask. My son pops up off the bench and say, give me the yellow. Ref talks to him, he says he was just being passionate about getting the subs in. Did not mean to sound like a punk. Gets the yellow. I sit down next to him, tell him I am the only one who gets to talk to the refs, etc. My assistant comes up next to me after the game. Says it was not my son who said anything. Basically he just took the card for another kid on the team who said it.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Good on Pruitt jr. (My kids are gonna love those videos), and wlu ju.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

My daughter finished her soccer season off in style. Team won 6-2 and finished in 2nd place, one point behind the league winner (whom we beat), and she netted 5 goals. 2 went straight in off corner kicks, making 3 Olympicos in a 7 game season. She was nervous before the game, as the opponent is a new team, formed by the training outfit (Dutch Total Soccer) that used to run her travel team's training. They had a falling out, and her travel club is bitter.

My wife filmed and put together a highlight video. We both feel it's too obnoxious to post on Facebook, but fuck it. This is the crowing thread. (Please ignore the lack of effort by the goalie on the 4th goal. Ruined the clip...

-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

“This video is private”

Though hanging out with her at that XC meet I can attest to her skill and passion for soccer. Super impressive.

Our oldest was voted 8th grade class president today. She’s really excited.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:26 pm “This video is private”

Though hanging out with her at that XC meet I can attest to her skill and passion for soccer. Super impressive.

God damnit. I can't figure out switching privacy on their stupid Beta editing site. New link below, and congrats on the Presidency, hopefully she doesn't get impeached.

For the record, the high pitched shrieking was not my wife or me.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Nice!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:09 pm
rass wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:26 pm “This video is private”

God damnit. I can't figure out switching privacy on their stupid Beta editing site. New link below, and congrats on the Presidency, hopefully she doesn't get impeached.

For the record, the high pitched shrieking was not my wife or me.
GOOOOOOOOAAALLLL!!!!

Nice moves!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:20 pm (Please ignore the lack of effort by the goalie on the 4th goal. Ruined the clip...
holy shit
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Congrats to all the soccer dads. Looks like successful seasons all around.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

rass wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:08 am
The Sybian wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:20 pm (Please ignore the lack of effort by the goalie on the 4th goal. Ruined the clip...
holy shit
That kid was NOT psyched to play goalie that day.

That said, the girl's got serious ball control. Very nice to see.

Now, with THAT said, I'm sending one of my goons after her following that long run where my team looked like fucking pylons. Can't let that stand!

/asshole coach
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I like the 2nd goal and whatever soccer people call one-timer's towards the end.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

rass wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:08 am
holy shit
She saw everyone else on her team just get beat. No point putting in any effort if she knew she was gonna get clowned.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

My 23 year old son is currently trying to get his Industrial Design career going (graduated in May, a couple of interviews, but a slow process), in the meantime he's working 2-3 shifts a week at Toronto's best brewpub and has just started a gig as a (paid) automotive journalist. Basically just using his knowledge and scouring the web for research and making stories for a website.

Hey - keeps him busy doing something he loves...

15 Stunning Pics Of Cars And Trucks Modified By Hennessey

He's also got a YouTube channel filled with entertaining ASMR videos...

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:42 am My 23 year old son is currently trying to get his Industrial Design career going (graduated in May, a couple of interviews, but a slow process), in the meantime he's working 2-3 shifts a week at Toronto's best brewpub and has just started a gig as a (paid) automotive journalist. Basically just using his knowledge and scouring the web for research and making stories for a website.

Hey - keeps him busy doing something he loves...

15 Stunning Pics Of Cars And Trucks Modified By Hennessey

He's also got a YouTube channel filled with entertaining ASMR videos...

Which brewpub was it again? My father picked up a bunch or unique stouts for me from a Canadian brewery, and I couldn't remember which one your son works at.
-Pruitt