Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part IV - Welcome to Stupid Watergate

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part IV - Welcome to Stupid Watergate

Post by brian »

I think all kids raised by terrible parents deserve at least some sympathy. It doesn’t excuse any thing they do but I think that’s probably a reasonable base amount of humanity to lament the fact their father was/is a monster.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:46 pm I think all kids raised by terrible parents deserve at least some sympathy. It doesn’t excuse any thing they do but I think that’s probably a reasonable base amount of humanity to lament the fact their father was/is a monster.
How much sympathy to you have for Trump being raised by the person who raised him?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:27 pm
brian wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:46 pm I think all kids raised by terrible parents deserve at least some sympathy. It doesn’t excuse any thing they do but I think that’s probably a reasonable base amount of humanity to lament the fact their father was/is a monster.
How much sympathy to you have for Trump being raised by the person who raised him?
That’s a super fair question. All that shit rolls downhill.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Holy shit.

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Not to diminish that development, but not sure why it's a Holy Shit type of development.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:22 am Not to diminish that development, but not sure why it's a Holy Shit type of development.
It means there will be much more evidence to be ignored and then forgotten.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I guess I just don't see much in the actual copy of the story that moves the needle. If it's the mountain of evidence, I totally agree with the sentiment that until they indict Rudy... Meh, so what.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Well, I think this is a big deal. I really think Trump views Russia as more of an (his) ally than the NATO members.

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:22 am Not to diminish that development, but not sure why it's a Holy Shit type of development.
In my very uninformed opinion, I would guess that to keep being linked to these people is a bad thing. People on the up and up who aren't covering their own asses worried about the almost 100% likelihood that they are going to get double-crossed don't record and document everything.

Nunes is getting implicated more in this as well.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Banal thought - I know that we have spent 3+ years shaking our heads and marvelling that "This is unbelievable," but earlier today when reading about Trump bitching about Macron because he said something negative about NATO, I just took a step back and had a mild freak out.

God willing, this isn;t the new normal - please let this POS be an anomaly.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm Banal thought - I know that we have spent 3+ years shaking our heads and marvelling that "This is unbelievable," but earlier today when reading about Trump bitching about Macron because he said something negative about NATO, I just took a step back and had a mild freak out.

Oh, you mean something like this:
TRUMP: I learn nothing from Adam Schiff. I think he's a maniac. I think Adam Schiff is a deranged human being. I think he grew up with a complex for lots of reasons that are obvious. I think he's a very sick man and he lies. Adam Schiff made up my conversation with the President of Ukraine. One of the reasons people keep talking about it is that's what they saw.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:21 pm
Pruitt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm Banal thought - I know that we have spent 3+ years shaking our heads and marvelling that "This is unbelievable," but earlier today when reading about Trump bitching about Macron because he said something negative about NATO, I just took a step back and had a mild freak out.

Oh, you mean something like this:
TRUMP: I learn nothing from Adam Schiff. I think he's a maniac. I think Adam Schiff is a deranged human being. I think he grew up with a complex for lots of reasons that are obvious. I think he's a very sick man and he lies. Adam Schiff made up my conversation with the President of Ukraine. One of the reasons people keep talking about it is that's what they saw.
Yes.

How many dozens and dozens of things have we seen and heard over the last three years that taken in isolation would make your head spin.

I don't know how you guys made it through Thanksgiving, or any time for that matter, when you have to deal with a Trump supporter.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

When you realize almost every Trump statement is pure projection it’s pretty telling.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:10 pm When you realize almost every Trump statement is pure projection it’s pretty telling.
Yup, literally everything.

And it spreads to the Republican party too. Nunes is the guy literally embroiled in the cover up, but House Republicans wanted Adam Schiff to step down for being caught in a supposed conflict of interest.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:30 pm
I don't know how you guys made it through Thanksgiving, or any time for that matter, when you have to deal with a Trump supporter.
For my Thanksgiving table, it's had the opposite effect. My very Conservative FiL who used to watch FoxNews and tell me I'm "Left of Mao" now agrees with me in almost every political discussion. Fuck, he voted for Hillary and he hated her as much as anyone. My father likes to say George Bush turned him into a Democrat, and now Trump turned my FiL into a Dem.., well into someone slightly less unreasonable. I've also come to realize that while he used to watch Hannity and Laura Ingraham and get me riled up by spewing their nonsense, he finally admitted he watched them for the comedic value because they are nuts, and he liked to get a rise out of me. My Brother-in-Law who is pretty neutral gets fired up against Trump, and his parents who used to discuss politics politely are raging out against Trump. I think they watch a lot of MSNBC. It could be that he was a public University President and couldn't speak out publicly and in retirement is making up for lost time, but I think his shock and anger at Trump is more of a factor. There is no longer any dissenting opinions at all, just some added shades of nuance to the same beliefs. Kind of boring.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Epic troll job here:

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Did you ever want to hear Jim Jordan, but with a Georgia accent? Well, ranking Member Collins is for you!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

LOL at the reaction on twitter to Karlan woodshedding Collins. Lawyers here will know, condescend to a law professor at your own risk...
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"If you get elected, you can do whatever illegal stuff you want" as a defense really gets to the bare bones of this, huh?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

mister d wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:58 am "If you get elected, you can do whatever illegal stuff you want" as a defense really gets to the bare bones of this, huh?
It is how he has run his life, so no reason why presidency should have been any different. The country hired a lawless person to the job, that he has acted lawlessly is super unsurprising. That the Republicans have signed off on that is also unsurprising.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Collins vs. Karlan was not fair. One got his JD from a currently suspended for profit law school and one has three degrees from Yale. I'm not trying to education-shame anyone, but I'll go out on a limb and say she's more qualified than any of his professors ever was.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

What the fuck is this Turley guy talking about? There's never been a more impeachable president than Trump.

Fucking ridiculous.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 am What the fuck is this Turley guy talking about? There's never been a more impeachable president than Trump.

Fucking ridiculous.
We don't want to lower the bar so a Democratic President will get impeached the next time they extort a foreign government.

Also, Noah Feldman looks exactly how I would picture him if I only heard his name.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Karlan bringing up emoluments has me optimistic they might (properly) add it to the impeachment articles.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Not that any thinking person needs to be reminded of the crass dishonesty of the G.O.P., but this is from the Post:
Katyal accuses Republicans of misrepresenting his writing on Biden
Neal Katyal, a law professor at Georgetown University who was previously acting U.S. solicitor general, accused Republicans of misrepresenting an excerpt of his book during Wednesday’s hearing.

Paul Taylor, the Republican counsel, read aloud a passage about the Bidens from Katyal’s book, “Impeach: The Case Against Donald Trump.”

“Is what Hunter Biden did wrong?” the passage reads. “Absolutely. Hunter Biden had no real experience in the energy sector, which made him wholly unqualified to sit on the board of Burisma. The only logical reason the company could have had for appointing him was his ties to Vice President Biden. This kind of nepotism isn’t only wrong; it is a potential danger to our country, since it makes it easier for foreign powers to buy influence. … No politician, from either party, should allow a foreign power to conduct this kind of influence peddling with their family members.”

But Katyal noted on Twitter that where Republicans inserted an ellipsis, his book includes a paragraph in which he focuses on the actions of Trump’s children and son-in-law and states that Hunter Biden’s conduct was “not illegal.”

“Wow. I just watched Republicans lie about my book in the impeachment [hearing],” Katyal said in a tweet. “Compare what they said my book said w/what I actually said. They’re trying to distract from their cowardice re a lawless president who tried to cheat to win reelection. They omitted the yellow highlighted.”

“If a lawyer did this, they may face disciplinary action for such a misleading representation of what a source said,” he added.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

You have to see what WOTUS is complaining about on Twitter.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Not, I'm not saying a joke about Barron is a good idea. But it's a play on the word, not an indictment of a child.

But expecting Republicans to understand nuance is like expecting a dog to understand quantum physics.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:11 pm You have to see what WOTUS is complaining about on Twitter.
OK, I give up. Who is WOTUS
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I think they had that song Teenage Dirtbag.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

A_B wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:01 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:11 pm You have to see what WOTUS is complaining about on Twitter.
OK, I give up. Who is WOTUS
Whore Of The United States.

I probably should've put it as FWOTUS.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The woman who wore a coat that said 'I don't really care, do you?' when going to visit detained kids who were sleeping in cages has the vapors over this.

That's all they got?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I wouldn't doubt its genuine because the core shared philosophy of conservatives is a complete and honrest lack of empathy for others.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I didn't think that the Fembot was capable of human emotions
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:35 am I didn't think that the Fembot was capable of human emotions
She's not.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

brian wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:10 pm When you realize almost every Trump statement is pure projection it’s pretty telling.

Trump takes mammoth, unflushable shits then doesn't wash his hands.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:58 pm Trump takes mammoth, unflushable shits then doesn't wash his hands.
borrowed thanks
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Trump takes mammoth, unflushable shits then doesn't wash his hands.
This has been a standard republican/wingnut whine for years. I remember Limbaugh bitching about it when lo-flow toilets became the industry standard (back in the mid 90's).