Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by bfj »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm I think that Ray Brown might have some issues.
Woof. That was quite a read.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

bfj wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:07 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm I think that Ray Brown might have some issues.
Woof. That was quite a read.
I block his meme posting, my lord the drivel. He truly believes that the Nazi's were basically Communists. I'd block block him, but I get bored at work sometimes.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:30 pm
Can anyone recommend a LEGITIMATE Psychic\card reader?
I am very curious about the responses to this post. More than the actual responses, I want to read the thoughts people held back on.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:25 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:30 pm
Can anyone recommend a LEGITIMATE Psychic\card reader?
I am very curious about the responses to this post. More than the actual responses, I want to read the thoughts people held back on.
I can hook you up!
I am. I would love to read for you. Message me. I channel angels, guides and I am a medium. Thanks!
Haha, I feel you. I do Tarot readings both in person (Boulder/Denver area) and online. I have 20+ years of experience to offer practical, tangible guidance through whatever is revealed by the cards.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Anyone here love Yanni and know how to choreograph dance?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'm arguing with people on TT's Benoit status by copying and pasting Myspacer comments from AofG. Good times.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Jerloma wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:33 pm I'm arguing with people on TT's Benoit status by copying and pasting Myspacer comments from AofG. Good times.
it was amazing to see. I love a good callback
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Yesterday, my Aunt posted a meme supposedly naming the Whistleblower, and showing pictures of him with Biden, Hillary, and Obama.

Doesn't the fact that everything the Whistleblower reported has proven to be true make it fairly moot who it actually is?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:14 pm Yesterday, my Aunt posted a meme supposedly naming the Whistleblower, and showing pictures of him with Biden, Hillary, and Obama.

Doesn't the fact that everything the Whistleblower reported has proven to be true make it fairly moot who it actually is?
100 percent nonsense basically 24 hours into the first round of witness testimony in front of the House hearing. All of the whistleblower claims were backed up by multiple sources.

Ridiculous.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Send her to Berkeley Heights! I can get you a great deal on a house before it goes on the market!
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:14 pm Yesterday, my Aunt posted a meme supposedly naming the Whistleblower, and showing pictures of him with Biden, Hillary, and Obama.

The fact that he (presumably) didn't testify makes it entirely moot who it is.

He's the guy who heard a car window being broken and called the cops. If the prosecution depends entirely on other witnesses, he is completely irrelevant.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Brontoburglar wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 am
sancarlos wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:32 am
Brontoburglar wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:16 am
rass wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:07 pm Deleted FB for the week (vacation). Feeling good about this.
I had been off of FB for three months and ...

yeah, if you're friends with me you know what I'm referencing
Sounded like some heavy stuff. Good on you for dealing with it head on.
Thanks. The worst is being accused of X/Y/Z from people who don't know me or don't care to find out the entirety of the story or being told "I knew this was coming!" from people who made no such effort to reach out and say that they knew "this was coming." The loudest carnival barker to that effect's only text message to me about the 2017 event is about how much he enjoyed it and that it's the highlight of his year.
jesus fucking christ, it's happening again

another longtime presence and someone set to be at my 2020 event is being accused of some shitty relationship things by an ex who went on a podcast in her professional capacity and aired the accusations. I set my lineup 6 weeks ago and no one had any idea that this was a thing -- she said numerous times that she had told no one, not even her closest friends -- so I'm blindsided like everyone else

but the internet does what the internet does, and I'm now tangentially involved and have to take action. which is fine and necessary. but facebook is the worst place for this shit to unfold. reason and logic goes out the window at times.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:46 am
rass wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:07 pm Deleted FB for the week (vacation). Feeling good about this.

Thanks. The worst is being accused of X/Y/Z from people who don't know me or don't care to find out the entirety of the story or being told "I knew this was coming!" from people who made no such effort to reach out and say that they knew "this was coming." The loudest carnival barker to that effect's only text message to me about the 2017 event is about how much he enjoyed it and that it's the highlight of his year.

another longtime presence and someone set to be at my 2020 event is being accused of some shitty relationship things by an ex who went on a podcast in her professional capacity and aired the accusations. I set my lineup 6 weeks ago and no one had any idea that this was a thing -- she said numerous times that she had told no one, not even her closest friends -- so I'm blindsided like everyone else

but the internet does what the internet does, and I'm now tangentially involved and have to take action. which is fine and necessary. but facebook is the worst place for this shit to unfold. reason and logic goes out the window at times.
Clearly you need to stop inviting men to your event.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Posted by someone who doesn't have a job.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:46 am

Some social distancing should help stop men at your conference from getting rapey.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I refunded everyone's money yesterday. may have it in August. may not. I fear for the personal training industry -- or at least a large segment of that market -- because it's going to be one of the parts of the economy hardest hit. so if people don't have the discretionary income to come to the event in August, what's the point?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A bunch of people in my hick hometown were taking all of their money out of the community credit union for fear they wouldn’t be able to get to it.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:32 pm A bunch of people in my hick hometown were taking all of their money out of the community credit union for fear they wouldn’t be able to get to it.
And now they get robbed.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:32 pm A bunch of people in my hick hometown were taking all of their money out of the community credit union for fear they wouldn’t be able to get to it.
How far north of the Indiana border? Asking for a friend.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

duff wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:36 pm
How far north of the Indiana border? Asking for a friend.
Not very. Marshall.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I can explain.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:48 pmI can explain.
Some people go for Neil Diamond. But, the Swamp’s got Neil Coal...!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Vaccines cause autism. Not just on TT’s thread, lots of them popping up now.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Swamp's silly AB need do no such thing. Except to maybe Jerloma, since you're sort of treading on his turf.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:03 am
The Swamp's silly AB need do no such thing. Except to maybe Jerloma, since you're sort of treading on his turf.
The Joke was calling myself eric clapton. The original Neil Diamond one (posted somewhere here as well) was sent in a group text with some parents and one of the dads was like, "Who Is that" despite Neil Diamond actually saying his name. So I made that to send to that group and the woman posted it to the 'book as well.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

bfj wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:25 am Vaccines cause autism. Not just on TT’s thread, lots of them popping up now.
I really hate sometimes when i make a joke and people think i care.
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

In case anyone is wondering... Market Basket exit 1 has no chicken whatsoever but does have eggs, paper towels, and some house brand disinfectant wipes. Shaw's exit 1 has no eggs and has only chicken wings. Whole Foods has a full selection of chicken and eggs, and some paper towels. None have toilet paper or hand sanitizer.
Does anyone know if anyone has pasta salads?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Looking through the Town forum for advice on a service to remove a groundhog from my yard. Come across a post from 2015 where a person posted a pic of a dead groundhog in their yard, asking what dept in Town will remove. Response from Mister D to the picture: "Aww, I bet the little fella is just napping."

Cracked me up.

On the plus side, animal removal guy took a look around, promised me the ground hog hasn't dug anywhere near my house. He is living under an old shed in my backyard, and the guy said the ground hog won't do any damage where he is, and said he is happy to remove him or spray repellent, but advised against it, as he might move to a different spot and cause damage. I like the advice to do nothing. Personally, I think he is cute, and my daughter already named him.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Ok, Cliffhanger Jones...
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:25 pm Ok, Cliffhanger Jones...
“Phil”
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:30 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:25 pm Ok, Cliffhanger Jones...
“Phil”
How about, "Chuck".
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:24 pmOn the plus side, animal removal guy took a look around, promised me the ground hog hasn't dug anywhere near my house. He is living under an old shed in my backyard, and the guy said the ground hog won't do any damage where he is, and said he is happy to remove him or spray repellent, but advised against it, as he might move to a different spot and cause damage. I like the advice to do nothing. Personally, I think he is cute, and my daughter already named him.
This is good to read as we usually have some under our shed and I've never seen good reason to care. Which is the opposite of how I felt about the family of skunks living under our front porch, which is more or less a part of our house given 2/3 of it was converted into a small room.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I have to log into this bullshit website from time to time because I'll get messages or something (I have neither this nor messenger as an app on my phone) and I'll send up scrolling a bit.

Seems that the political discourse is still plentiful especially in light of the coronavirus stuff because the Libz dare question King Pissbaby Trump and his handling of this situation.

It's just so sad when I see Republicans whining about how liberals are destroying everything and how it was absolutely NOT like this when Obama was president. And any attempt to prove it otherwise is met with contempt and 'fake news' type of responses.

I have no sympathy for Trump supporters. I guess I'm supposed to because I'm American and they're American or whatever, but the strict marriage to an alternate reality really does it for me. I can't deal with them.

I don't post on Facebook anymore because I cannot trust that someone wouldn't rat me out for being "unprofessional on social media," but the day after I get my first retirement check... I'm posting again and ripping everyone.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Man, you'd think something like that would make one get fired up about voting against the person they all worship for some reason. Weird.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Man, you'd think you'd learn how to read because I've said plenty of times I'm voting for the eventual Democratic nominee.

But please keep telling me how I'm being divisive.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I almost died once its NO fun
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Would love to hear a reporter say just once, “Mr. President, this has been a brutal time in America. What can WE do to help you?”
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I feel like posting your senior picture isn't so much as a tribute to this year's seniors but more so rubbing it in.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:20 pm I feel like posting your senior picture isn't so much as a tribute to this year's seniors but more so rubbing it in.
Good idea. I'm gonna go look for mine.