Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Brontoburglar »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:00 am
brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:27 am To be fair to Feinstein, not all stock sales are the same. She's worth tens of millions of dollars and sold a biotech stock that was near it's lowest price. That's hardly the move of someone committing insider trading (the idea is to sell high, not low).
Wait a minute. Why can't we attack Feinstein? Newsom would just appoint a younger Democratic woman for Feinstein's seat anyway. If Democratic leadership condemns all four of the grifters, maybe it could push GOP leadership to do the same. It wouldn't even be a net loss. Worst thing happens, Weinstein gets replaced, and the Democrats can hammer the GOP in the media for being obvious crooks for not doing the same for Burr, Inhofe, and Loeffler.
oh no
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

leave it to this administration to screw up the tax day announcement

The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service are providing special payment relief to individuals and businesses in response to the COVID-19 Outbreak. The filing deadline for tax returns remains April 15, 2020. The IRS urges taxpayers who are owed a refund to file as quickly as possible. For those who can't file by the April 15, 2020 deadline, the IRS reminds individual taxpayers that everyone is eligible to request a six-month extension to file their return.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Maybe I'm looking at this through the lens of Realpolotik but I'd be willing to sacrifice Feinstein to dump three GOP senators, four if you want to go after Ron Johnson too.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Brontoburglar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:07 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:00 am
brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:27 am To be fair to Feinstein, not all stock sales are the same. She's worth tens of millions of dollars and sold a biotech stock that was near it's lowest price. That's hardly the move of someone committing insider trading (the idea is to sell high, not low).
Wait a minute. Why can't we attack Feinstein? Newsom would just appoint a younger Democratic woman for Feinstein's seat anyway. If Democratic leadership condemns all four of the grifters, maybe it could push GOP leadership to do the same. It wouldn't even be a net loss. Worst thing happens, Weinstein gets replaced, and the Democrats can hammer the GOP in the media for being obvious crooks for not doing the same for Burr, Inhofe, and Loeffler.
oh no
Fucking autocorrect.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:09 am Maybe I'm looking at this through the lens of Realpolotik but I'd be willing to sacrifice Feinstein to dump three GOP senators, four if you want to go after Ron Johnson too.
If she had sold the stock on a high, even for a nominal gain, I'd be right there with you, but this is like the difference between jaywalking and murder (from a criminal perspective).
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

it's also apparently very easy to see at first glance how Johnson's sales line up with his long-announced and public plan to divest from his family biz
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

It’s been awhile since we’ve had a visit from my wife’s annoying sister, and I’m gaining a greater appreciation for the benefits of shelter-in-place.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

Sean Spicer is now asking questions in the WH Press Room during today’s PC. Has that been a thing lately? Comically transparent.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

"the deep state department"
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Good thread here on the timeline of this:

Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

He used to be so much more eloquent.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Went to Costco today. It was certainly more crowded than usual. The man in front of me getting his receipt checked and I were the only people to not buy toilet paper.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

So the market was holding steady at noon, then Trump got near a mic and crashed it, is that it for today.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

LA got the word today that she's going to be on the "front lines" checking people at the hospital as they come in starting April 1. hoping that 1. the start date doesn't get moved up and 2. the 11 days between now and then help a lot. both are probably futile hopes, but I can dream

that information was also relayed in a text this morning that told me to put a couple trash bags and a change of clothes out on the porch so she could change out there when she gets home tonight before she enters the house. that surprised me a bit because her work environment is a sterile one where they change when they get to work into stuff that is then sterilized after their shifts after they change out before leaving.

I'll probably be leaving a glass of wine out there for her with the trash bags
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:09 pm So the market was holding steady at noon, then Trump got near a mic and crashed it, is that it for today.
Everything Trump touches dies.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

So this is the Children of the Corn plague , at this point, right? The under 19s are mostly fine and just infecting all the olds?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

7 year old in town, so not entirely the olds.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

rass wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:11 pm NJ about to lock it down a bit more
The weather and closed gyms and being mostly otherwise housebound contributed to there being way too many people at the local track tonight.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

mister d wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:34 pm 7 year old in town, so not entirely the olds.
Oh, the youngs can get it , just mostly seem fine other than being vectors of transmission was my point.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This is no bueno.

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

R.Kelly wrote:

Oh, the youngs can get it.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:37 pm
rass wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:11 pm NJ about to lock it down a bit more
The weather and closed gyms and being mostly otherwise housebound contributed to there being way too many people at the local track tonight.
Our town closed all the parks and schools 2 days ago. Snyder field was completely packed with kids on Monday, and the FB forum rightly lit up parents for letting their kids go. Defeated the purpose of closing the schools.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:37 pm
tennbengal wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:09 pm So the market was holding steady at noon, then Trump got near a mic and crashed it, is that it for today.
Everything Trump touches dies.
Too bad he never hugged his children.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:29 pm LA got the word today that she's going to be on the "front lines" checking people at the hospital as they come in starting April 1. hoping that 1. the start date doesn't get moved up and 2. the 11 days between now and then help a lot. both are probably futile hopes, but I can dream

that information was also relayed in a text this morning that told me to put a couple trash bags and a change of clothes out on the porch so she could change out there when she gets home tonight before she enters the house. that surprised me a bit because her work environment is a sterile one where they change when they get to work into stuff that is then sterilized after their shifts after they change out before leaving.

What does she do? My wife is getting close to being called in to work at the hospitals in some fashion. Debating if we quarantine her in the guest room She'd have a master bedroom with shower, and a downstairs livingroom arrangement with a foldout couch and TV. We have a mini freezer and need to get a fridge, but also have a microwave in there, so it really could be a separate apartment. Even has an outside entrance and garage entrance. Just can't imagine keeping her locked away. My daughter isn't going to be able to handle that. OTOH, a lot of hospital workers are testing positive, even ones that aren't working with COVID cases. Could be infected people treated for other issues, or they could be infected outside work and just bringing the virus with them. We are seriously fucked over the next 2 weeks.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

All dispensaries in Nevada have to close at midnight tonight.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:51 pm All dispensaries in Nevada have to close at midnight tonight.
WTF is the reasoning behind that?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X. wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:09 pm
brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:51 pm All dispensaries in Nevada have to close at midnight tonight.
I think the whiners got to the governor. Was changed from an “essential service” like pharmacies and gas stations to a “non-essential service”.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I’m not the least bit happy about it but I’ve got at least a one-month supply at least. Plus a bunch of oil to make brownies with.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

(Somewhat of a false alarm. They have to go to delivery only.)
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 pm
I think the whiners got to the governor. Was changed from an “essential service” like pharmacies and gas stations to a “non-essential service”.
Have they shut down all non-essential business in Nevada? It's hard to keep track.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:30 pm
brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 pm
Have they shut down all non-essential business in Nevada? It's hard to keep track.
Technically a couple days ago but there were a lot of scofflaws so as of midnight tonight city governments are empowered to fine and/or revoke business licenses for non-compliance.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Brontoburglar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:45 am "the deep state department"
I needed connect for this and did I find it...

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:53 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:29 pm LA got the word today that she's going to be on the "front lines" checking people at the hospital as they come in starting April 1. hoping that 1. the start date doesn't get moved up and 2. the 11 days between now and then help a lot. both are probably futile hopes, but I can dream

What does she do? My wife is getting close to being called in to work at the hospitals in some fashion. Debating if we quarantine her in the guest room She'd have a master bedroom with shower, and a downstairs livingroom arrangement with a foldout couch and TV. We have a mini freezer and need to get a fridge, but also have a microwave in there, so it really could be a separate apartment. Even has an outside entrance and garage entrance. Just can't imagine keeping her locked away. My daughter isn't going to be able to handle that. OTOH, a lot of hospital workers are testing positive, even ones that aren't working with COVID cases. Could be infected people treated for other issues, or they could be infected outside work and just bringing the virus with them. We are seriously fucked over the next 2 weeks.
electrophys lab -- but since pacemakers and the like are "elective" procedures for everyone who isn't already hospitalized, their caseload is down significantly. she's also in the CVICU at a different hospital one day a week and that scares me maybe a little more because as a "freelancer" she's the first to get moved to a different unit
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

brian wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:27 pm (Somewhat of a false alarm. They have to go to delivery only.)
The best drivers out there
Totally Kafkaesque
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I hope not, for Giff and TT’s sakes.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."