The OFFICIAL 2020 Self-Quarantine Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Shirley
The Dude

Re: The OFFICIAL 2020 Self-Quarantine Thread

Post by Shirley »

Yeah, we only recently started paying a housecleaner again. My wife works all the damn time, so when she's not, cleaning the house is way down the list of things she wants to do. I don't nearly as much, but that also means I do most of the other stuff - groceries, cooking, dishes, laundry, etc. And we have two dogs, so stuff builds up. I can't tell you how awesome it was that first time coming home to a house that looked and smelled clean. Totally worth it.
Totally Kafkaesque
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Might do something this weekend I haven’t done in 25 years or so. Go for a ride in the car just for the sake of going for a drive.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 pm Might do something this weekend I haven’t done in 25 years or so. Go for a ride in the car just for the sake of going for a drive.
I've had that thought, too. Then I remember I'm stuck at home with two kids. They are old enough I can leave them home, but I can't justify this. I had to bring my son's cell phone to a repair shop yesterday. Realized its the first time I've been in my car since Friday. Only walked in the neighborhood or played basketball with the kids in the driveway. Fucking weird.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

mister d wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 am Is there any indication what he'll play? If its older stuff, I'd be in.
First song - "So Damn Lucky" from his solo album.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 pm Might do something this weekend I haven’t done in 25 years or so. Go for a ride in the car just for the sake of going for a drive.
I do that all the damn time and am missing it like crazy.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

Davis is proper fucked up right now.

“There are three coffee shops I go to. There are more, but I go to 3 of them.”
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

"Mercy"
"Dancing Nancies"

I'm not going to lie and let you know I'm watching this separately from my girls who are watching with one of Harper's teachers in the other room (via Zoom) and hearing this song is allowing me to release some pent up emotions I don't think I realized I had. I'm so ready for the testosterone at the top of the hour.

I'm OK.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

"Virginia In The Rain" off their latest. Good track.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Still trying to support local businesses, but I just had Taco Bell delivered because I'm just not gonna go two months without Taco Bell.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:25 pm Still trying to support local businesses, but I just had Taco Bell delivered because I'm just not gonna go two months without Taco Bell.
My plan is bw3 for wings tomorrow for same reason.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

My Soda Stream CO2 canisters are almost empty. Can you get those delivered, or no because there's a danger they'll blow up and kill Jaws?
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

NPR Live Sessions has a few solid artists that I like, and probably some that others here enjoy. Isbell, Brandi Carlile, and DBT are the ones that jump out for me.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Can we just start some dialogue here about how acceptable it will be to shun people with tans when this is over?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Ryan wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:07 am Can we just start some dialogue here about how acceptable it will be to shun people with tans when this is over?
Yesterday was a bright sunshiney day out here, and i played on the laptop in the backyard. Don't shun me!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:06 pm
Ryan wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:07 am Can we just start some dialogue here about how acceptable it will be to shun people with tans when this is over?
Yesterday was a bright sunshiney day out here, and i played on the laptop in the backyard. Don't shun me!
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:06 pm
Unshunned
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

Our cleaner comes every two weeks. The cost is based on how long she spends cleaning. Typically it's around $120. We Venmo'd her $100 and said we would continue to do so until things cleared up. Based on her response I don't think many others are still paying.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

My wife venmo'd the hairdresser money for the youngest's missed cut yesterday. I'll do same next week. She was in tears, apparently.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Yeah, I'm thinking about using the savings in gas money and tolls to pay for my haircuts the rest of the year and buy some gift cards for my buddies.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

A_B wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:29 pm
brian wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:25 pm Still trying to support local businesses, but I just had Taco Bell delivered because I'm just not gonna go two months without Taco Bell.
I got my wings. I ordered on the app, but there was no spot for a tip. I figured I'd get a receipt to sign when I went to pick up. Nope. Ordering on the app stiffs the waitstaff if you don't have cash, which I didn't. I apologized profusely. The guy that brought the food was nice about it, says it happens and thanks for the thought. Can't decide if I should tweet BW3 to fix the app or not.
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

How is everyone in the Swamp? I've been so busy with work and kids at home that I may have missed if someone is sick, laid off, having a hard time or just needs some help.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

A_B wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:54 pm
I got my wings. I ordered on the app, but there was no spot for a tip. I figured I'd get a receipt to sign when I went to pick up. Nope. Ordering on the app stiffs the waitstaff if you don't have cash, which I didn't. I apologized profusely. The guy that brought the food was nice about it, says it happens and thanks for the thought. Can't decide if I should tweet BW3 to fix the app or not.
Ewwww... Cash.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Luckily I think most of us are actually still working, just from home. Come to think of it, that's pretty amazing. TT and Romero are the only two I can think who are basically out of work for the moment and I think Romero is still getting paid, right?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:42 pm Luckily I think most of us are actually still working, just from home. Come to think of it, that's pretty amazing. TT and Romero are the only two I can think who are basically out of work for the moment and I think Romero is still getting paid, right?
The Swamp has never been a cross-section of America, that's for sure. Currently 100% male, 95% white? 90% Liberal?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:56 pm
brian wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:42 pm Luckily I think most of us are actually still working, just from home. Come to think of it, that's pretty amazing. TT and Romero are the only two I can think who are basically out of work for the moment and I think Romero is still getting paid, right?
The Swamp has never been a cross-section of America, that's for sure. Currently 100% male, 95% white? 90% Liberal?
We're a fairly decent geographic mix, and that's about where it ends.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Yes, tweet them. In a time where faceless corporations actually are being looked at for how they treat their employees, it could certainly help their employees.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 pm
Yes, tweet them. In a time where faceless corporations actually are being looked at for how they treat their employees, it could certainly help their employees.
So I tweeted them. Any of you on twitter that could like it might make it more likely that they see it. Not to be too thirsty, but here is the tweet.

EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I have daily Zoom meetings, communicate with my team on Slack, post activities for kids on facebook....yeah, I'm doing less than an hour of a day of work and getting paid.
elflaco3
Jackie Treehorn

Post by elflaco3 »

first easy day in the last 14... spent most of my time ensuring we can shift work around as our clients and the state governments aren't fully closed.. today is the first 'normal' day i've had since we started this and looks as if its going to end in <10hrs.. hopefully next week is more like today.
need to replenish my stock - stopping by the local pub to fill a growler of fresh beer.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I'm trying my hand at baking bread. Seems like everyone else has the same idea though...I can't find any flour anywhere.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

P.D.X. wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:55 pm Shit is starting to get all 12 Monkeys
Now there’s a movie I think I didn’t much care for at the time. Probably wouldn’t like it so much now either I suppose.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm I'm trying my hand at baking bread. Seems like everyone else has the same idea though...I can't find any flour anywhere.
Get yo self a nice sourdough starter going.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm I'm trying my hand at baking bread. Seems like everyone else has the same idea though...I can't find any flour anywhere.
There's no yeast in central IN as far as I can tell.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

You don't need it if you make a sourdough starter.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

BSF21 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:27 am
There's no yeast in central IN as far as I can tell.
I have been to grocery stores a number of times over the past 3 weeks and there's not been toilet paper, Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer or flour.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:07 pm
Get yo self a nice sourdough starter going.
Going to do that as well....but I need to find some flour so I can make fresh pasta tomorrow.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."