The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by Johnnie »

One day I'll be a real boy. I can't wait for me to be like "How do you do fellow marijuanas people?" Arizona is a medical state too and that's where I'll probably end up. My buddy who retired last year got his card.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:25 pm One day I'll be a real boy. I can't wait for me to be like "How do you do fellow marijuanas people?" Arizona is a medical state too and that's where I'll probably end up. My buddy who retired last year got his card.
In a couple years, if the Dems win the Presidency and Senate, weed will be legal federally. I guess states could still make it illegal, but that would be stupid.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

CNN getting on the Reefer Madness train

Of course there are no verified "serious risks" accounted for in the article.

(Frankly, old age is a lot more appealing with weed being legal. I'll happily see out my days with bong in hand.)
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

My mother, who would've beat my ass if I smoked pot when I was a kid, is using some creams and pills with CBD and I believe some stuff with THC now that she's old and everything hurts.

It's annoying, but I'd rather my mom not be in pain than my being petty about it. At the very least she "gets it" now and would be totally cool if I got to do it. So there's that.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:06 pm My mother, who would've beat my ass if I smoked pot when I was a kid, is using some creams and pills with CBD and I believe some stuff with THC now that she's old and everything hurts.
Before my step-mother passed after her third bout with cancer in 2013, my dad cooked down a pound of weed to make CBD oil. Knowing my dad's opinion of marijuana, I find this hilarious.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I leave my vape upstairs when my mom is visiting and anyone paying attention could probably figure out how frustrated I am with how many excuses I make to go upstairs. I’ve had to make a lot of trips today.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Dispensaries here are going to a reservation system. You make your order online and then you get a text with a time to come pick up your order. Honestly wish they had this before.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:56 am Dispensaries here are going to a reservation system. You make your order online and then you get a text with a time to come pick up your order. Honestly wish they had this before.
See, a positive change from the pandemic!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:56 am Dispensaries here are going to a reservation system. You make your order online and then you get a text with a time to come pick up your order. Honestly wish they had this before.
Do they normally not have online ordering? That's how I've done it recently in Colorado.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:29 pm
Do they normally not have online ordering? That's how I've done it recently in Colorado.
They do and it's pretty convenient but you still have to hang out in the crowded dispensary to pick it up (the apps vary in how easy they are to use as well).
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:30 pm
Giff wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:29 pm
They do and it's pretty convenient but you still have to hang out in the crowded dispensary to pick it up (the apps vary in how easy they are to use as well).
Makes sense.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Effective today, my dispensary went to online orders only. Works the same as Brian described.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Yeah, me too. If I come down with the rona, it'll be because I went to the new dispensary just across the border in Wendover last weekend.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:03 pm
Yeah, me too. If I come down with the rona, it'll be because I went to the new dispensary just across the border in Wendover last weekend.
That was a battle in a half to be able to open that one. You probably saw some of the stories. Rural Nevadans are weird.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I'm very much my signature right now.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

govmentchedda wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:34 pm I'm very much my signature right now.
Kinda like that old Little Feat song, “Willin’“. “...just give me weed, whites, and wine, and I’ll be willin’ to keep moving...”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Getting ready to pay full price for the first time since rec sales started for a delivery order but don’t want to take any chances despite my stash. (A total 1 percent type move but fuck it. Weed is more essential than food.)
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

$200 (w/o tip) for two vape cartridges, an eighth and some edibles. Yikes. Was getting spoiled by all of the deals pre-COVID 19
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

They gave me a 10 percent discount and a free eighth so not too shabby after all.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I reassured a woman in a parking lot today that I did NOT have COVID-19 and I was only coughing because of how large of a vape hit I’d done before getting out of the car.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Quarantine has made me all the more disappointed that NJ didn't get its shit together last year in regards to legalization.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Even with having to shift to delivery the weed stores here are doing 2 for 1 deals on almost everything for 4/20 with free delivery. God bless America.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

There’s also something surprisingly baller about making a delivery order for anything that costs more than $200
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Either my pen sucks or my cartridge sucks.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

rass wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:50 pm Quarantine has made me all the more disappointed that NJ didn't get its shit together last year in regards to legalization.
Yuuuuuuup.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:49 pm Either my pen sucks or my cartridge sucks.
That’s too bad. That stuff got easier to troubleshoot after I got a second pen.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

You guys have any recommendations on what kind of pen to get? My wife gets paranoid if I smoke inside and think I may get a pen so I don't have to venture upstairs if I want to pound my thoughts into submission.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Only one I’ve ever bought online was this one which has done well for me.

I have an AiroPro battery too for AiroPro cartridges (don’t bother).

The DartPod battery is good if you have access to buy Dart pods easily. I like the Dart pods because you just inhale to activate so you don’t have to worry about button getting pressed accidentally when carrying/sitting, etc like the 510-threaded vapes. The quality of the oil is good too.

Most of the shops here run regular deals to give away batteries with buying two carts which is how I’ve picked up most of mine.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

(That said the 30 percent off deal on 4/20 from that link I posted is not bad. That’s certainly the best 510-thread vape I own.)
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

https://www.thekindpen.com/product/slim ... tion-gold/

I have two of these and they’ve been great.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Delivery just came. I almost unknowingly went over the daily limit in Nevada which I realized when the weed store sent out another group text after my order, but I came in just under (3.3 grams of THC, limit for oil/edibles is 3.5 grams or 1 oz. of flower)

ETA: I just bought one of the pens BFJ recommended because I definitely trust him when it comes to weed. Both of my 510-thread batteries are starting to get a little wonky (won't hold a charge as long, diminished intake sometimes), so took advantage of the 42 percent off at that site he recommended.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

brian wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:12 am Delivery just came. I almost unknowingly went over the daily limit in Nevada which I realized when the weed store sent out another group text after my order, but I came in just under (3.3 grams of THC, limit for oil/edibles is 3.5 grams or 1 oz. of flower)

ETA: I just bought one of the pens BFJ recommended because I definitely trust him when it comes to weed. Both of my 510-thread batteries are starting to get a little wonky (won't hold a charge as long, diminished intake sometimes), so took advantage of the 42 percent off at that site he recommended.
Awww. I’m honored.

Are those limits you mentioned for one delivery or for the month?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

bfj wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:42 pm
brian wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:12 am Delivery just came. I almost unknowingly went over the daily limit in Nevada which I realized when the weed store sent out another group text after my order, but I came in just under (3.3 grams of THC, limit for oil/edibles is 3.5 grams or 1 oz. of flower)

Awww. I’m honored.

One day. I could make the same order tomorrow.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

brian wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:46 pm
bfj wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Awww. I’m honored.

One day. I could make the same order tomorrow.
Wow. What’s the limit on flower for a month? In MD it’s 4 oz/month which is amazing to me.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Honestly, not sure. I had to look it up. Looks like it 2.5 ounces every 14 days, so basically 5 ounces a month.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Brian gave me weed that literally made me feel the hangover exit my body which was almost a religious experience. I’ve never felt anything like that.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

bfj wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 am https://www.thekindpen.com/product/slim ... tion-gold/

Ordered, thanks.

We should probably do some more book club exchanges.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Rush2112 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:23 pm You guys have any recommendations on what kind of pen to get? My wife gets paranoid if I smoke inside and think I may get a pen so I don't have to venture upstairs if I want to pound my thoughts into submission.
I have an ABX battery pen. Works great.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I think it’s my pen. I’m gonna buy a new one tonight.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Rush2112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:16 pm
bfj wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 am https://www.thekindpen.com/product/slim ... tion-gold/

Ordered, thanks.

We should probably do some more book club exchanges.
I also ordered this one. 42 percent off today.