Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by A_B »

That whole "not fit to run xxx" always kinda rubs me the wrong way. I don't think many of us would step in and run one great, either. Now, maybe the implication is that they aren't fit to learn how to run xxx and maybe we don't fit that description. But I'd say being a restaurant manager is completely respectable occupation, if not potentially lucrative.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:33 pm That whole "not fit to run xxx" always kinda rubs me the wrong way. I don't think many of us would step in and run one great, either. Now, maybe the implication is that they aren't fit to learn how to run xxx and maybe we don't fit that description. But I'd say being a restaurant manager is completely respectable occupation, if not potentially lucrative.
And I'm saying someone intelligent enough to run an Arby's probably isn't posting nonsense about shit they don't know anything about on Facebook.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:04 pm Rass, FB sends me a notification every time you post something. Why?
Because you love me?

I think about all I did this AM was comment on my own post, which I don't you even liked much ( :( ) much less commented on. So no idea?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

This may have been posted before, but now I’ve had two different people share something like this on Facebook:
We stand in line at Walmart, at Target, and the grocery store. We can stand in line to vote. No mail voting! Let’s make this viral! Please share.
Of course, I probably pissed them off by responding that I have voted by mail for 20 years and it works very smoothly and efficiently.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Those people all shop online.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:57 pm
Jerloma wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:04 pm Rass, FB sends me a notification every time you post something. Why?
Because you love me?

I think about all I did this AM was comment on my own post, which I don't you even liked much ( :( ) much less commented on. So no idea?
That happened to me for a bit with some people.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Because you love me?

No, it sends me a notification every time you post a status update. "EK updated his status." Nobody else though.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jerloma wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:01 pm
Because you love me?

No, it sends me a notification every time you post a status update. "EK updated his status." Nobody else though.
FB was doing that for me with a couple of friends randomly as well. There is a feature where you can "follow" someone (that's in addition to simply being friends with them). In that scenario you would get updates when they post. My guess is it is the former though -- FB tries to anticipate someone you want to get updates about when they post for some reason.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ha. FB thinks you love me.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

For me, it was an ex-girlfriend I'm friends with, which was a little weird. We interact on each other's posts a little, but no more so than anyone else and certainly less than some.

It definitely weirded me out when I started getting notifications every time she posted.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

brian wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:06 pm
Jerloma wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:01 pm
Because you love me?

FB was doing that for me with a couple of friends randomly as well. There is a feature where you can "follow" someone (that's in addition to simply being friends with them). In that scenario you would get updates when they post. My guess is it is the former though -- FB tries to anticipate someone you want to get updates about when they post for some reason.
They are trying to figure out which type of Russian bot you would most likely interact with
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

My Aunt is at it again:

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Got cousins? Bet her their inheritance that Trump will never do it.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I accidentally started debating a Jesus freak on abortion. I should know better.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

download.png
download.png (145.24 KiB) Viewed 784 times
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

rass wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:57 pm Got cousins? Bet her their inheritance that Trump will never do it.
Inheritance?

This is the Aunt who's son, my cousin Wayne, is in Federal prison for running a real estate ponzi scheme to the tune of $24 million. There's no inheritance anywhere.

And..speaking of my cousin Wayne...he should be getting out of prison in the next week or so. I know (from my parents) that they've moved him into isolation to make sure he doesn't have/get the Virus before they release him. He's getting out about 6 months early, due to wanting to move non-violent/close to end of sentence people out of prison before they get sick.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:24 pm
rass wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:57 pm Got cousins? Bet her their inheritance that Trump will never do it.
Inheritance?

This is the Aunt who's son, my cousin Wayne, is in Federal prison for running a real estate ponzi scheme to the tune of $24 million. There's no inheritance anywhere.

And..speaking of my cousin Wayne...he should be getting out of prison in the next week or so. I know (from my parents) that they've moved him into isolation to make sure he doesn't have/get the Virus before they release him. He's getting out about 6 months early, due to wanting to move non-violent/close to end of sentence people out of prison before they get sick.
Excellent. So he’ll be back in the local headlines in another 18 months or so?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:30 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:24 pm
Inheritance?

Excellent. So he’ll be back in the local headlines in another 18 months or so?
One would hope that he has learned his lesson, but who knows. While he's been in, he's been part of the program that has inmates train service dogs, and he's told my parents that he wants to keep doing that.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Here's something that someone I went to elementary school with posted last night:

I was just about to comment 'there's no way that any of this bullshit is true', but decided it wasn't worth the time...
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I guess I am one of those Americans who find the word sheep when referring to people completely insulting.
Does she think it's intended to be a compliment?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

This is incredible. You won't be bored.

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I swear I was in "Random Videos". I really Theus'd this one.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

My Aunt strikes again:

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Oh, man. She is REALLY far gone. I've got some nut cases in my family tree, but I'm glad this one is not my relative.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:59 am My Aunt strikes again:

You should really ask her if she thinks her relatives should be exterminated.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

More from my Aunt:

Serious question: Why is George Soros such the reliable boogeyman? I mean...I know he's rich, and he's funded liberal causes, but that could be said for lots of people.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

*cough* Jewish. *cough*
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah, its embarrassing but I think I was extremely naive about the current day prevalence of antisemitism until my 20s. Not "racism doesn't exist" dismissive, but just generally unaware.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I wonder if there is anything the poor guy can do to combat this slander? I suppose if he takes legal action against a media company who states lies, he creates a Streisand Effect.
Last edited by sancarlos on Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

He's a billionaire, so I'm not gonna feel too sorry for him.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I have no idea what I did on FB to have the top group suggestion for me be "Vintage Workingmen Beefcake Photos".
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

P.D.X. wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:46 am I have no idea what I did on FB to have the top group suggestion for me be "Vintage Workingmen Beefcake Photos".
Has your dog been using your laptop again?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ha, I forgot about PDX's gay dog.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Fuck, me too. That was great.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

P.D.X. wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:46 am I have no idea what I did on FB to have the top group suggestion for me be "Vintage Workingmen Beefcake Photos".
I've recently started getting nothing but women's underwear ads...I have no idea why.

Just in the last two days I've started getting suggested articles from the Daily Wire in my feed. I've always read some conservative & crackpot stuff just to see what that side is up to but it hasn't changed in 10+ years...
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I am on Trump's mailing list, just to see what they fuck they are on about on any given day... I get a lot of social media ads asking me to wish the cunt a happy birthday or other stupid shit.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:57 pm I am on Trump's mailing list, just to see what they fuck they are on about on any given day... I get a lot of social media ads asking me to wish the cunt a happy birthday or other stupid shit.
My son was screaming at his iPad yesterday because he kept getting Youtube ads with Eric's wife asking him to sign a virtual birthday card for Trump. I'm sure that adds your name to their donation request list.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

When my sister-in-law is around, I like to surreptitiously get on her laptop and click ads and websites for embarrassing products, so she gets to see lots of those ads in the future.