FM(ovie)D: I stole a question from Twitter

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

FM(ovie)D: I stole a question from Twitter

Post by rass »

I really think it was Uncle Fucka. I was a pretty big South Park fan at the time and still wasn't prepared. The lyrics and everything already had me, but then the cut back to the theater and their simple yet expressive little cartoon faces were so excited. Tears.

ETA: We are all Jerloma
Last edited by rass on Fri May 22, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Re: FM(ovie)D: I stole a question from Twitter

Post by Joe K »

rass wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:59 am

I really think it was Uncle Fucka. I was a pretty big South Park fan at the time and still wasn't prepared. The lyrics and everything already had me, but then the cut back to the theater and their simple yet expressive little cartoon faces were so excited. Tears.
That scene is definitely up there for me, along with the scene when they’re in Mr. Mackey’s office and just start popping off f-bombs (“Did you just say the f-word?” “Jew?” killed me the first several times I saw that scene.). I’d also say the naked fight scene from Borat is very high up my list.
Last edited by Joe K on Fri May 22, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

The first answer that I could think of was the fart scene in Blazing Saddles. I was a little bfj then and I thought it was hysterical. Also, my dad was crying laughing which made me laugh even more.

I can’t think of a movie that had that effect on me as an adult.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

All good ones mentioned. The first one that came to mind for me was the fight between Ben Stiller and the coked-up dog in There's Something About Mary, and the very next cut the dog is in a full-body cast.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I'm not sure if it's the hardest, but the wedding dress fitting scene of bridesmaids is the most recent I can think of.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Jay and Silent Bob. Probably Will Ferrell saying "fuckbeans" if I'm picking a specific moment. I haven't seen a comedy in a theater in 15 years.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I didn't watch it in the theater, but I remember howling watching Dumb and Dumber with my cousins.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

bfj wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:13 am The first answer that I could think of was the fart scene in Blazing Saddles. I was a little bfj then and I thought it was hysterical. Also, my dad was crying laughing which made me laugh even more.

I can’t think of a movie that had that effect on me as an adult.
That popped into my mind, along with the killer rabbit scene in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

Fight scene in "Kingpin," baseball bloopers in "Naked Gun," LSD's song in "The Producers" also come to mind.

Last time that happened to me in the theatre was during "Team America" - the "AIDS" musical scene, the sex scene and the vomiting scene.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"THAT'S OUR HITLER!"

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

One more...

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

It looks like Twitter took the question back. Using my context clues, are we talking scene that made you laugh the hardest or surprised you?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Yeah, hardest you ever laughed in a movie theater.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I didn’t see it in a theater but I laughed pretty damn hard when the girl pukes at the start of Pitch Perfect.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Not proud of it, but I remember laughing pretty hard at the first American Pie movie...
blundercrush
Brandt

Post by blundercrush »

I was 14 when the first American Pie movie came out, I was at a golf camp at EWU so we could go to the movies, and we went and saw it, I will never laugh harder in my life, and I am pretty ok with that. surrounded by similar age boys we were all just dying.

Seeing 40 year old virgin in theaters with my best friend is also a top 3 dying laughing moment. I haven't watched that movie again mostly because I don't want to taint that memory.

South Park the movie is still one of my favorites and still holds up. Kyle's mom is the biggest bitch in the whole wide world.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The 'Uncle Fucker' song in South Park floored me.

The naked fight in Borat was an all-timer.

And 'Something About Mary' was incredibly funny.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

The Birdcage. I’m too lazy to post clips but there are more than several LOL scenes.

Funny sidebar about American Pie. I was 25 when that came out and traveling for work in KC. I was there over a weekend and had to kill a Sunday so I went and saw it in the theatre. Two kids that were around 12ish I’m guessing asked if I would be there guardian to get them into the movie. I said no but felt kind of guilty about it...I hated being a buzzkill. I still think it’s the most accurate description of high school in a movie...at least for me.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Can't think of the hardest laugh, but I do have a most awkward. Went to see one of the James Bond movies with my parents and a friend in either senior year of HS or freshman year college. Not sure why we went with my parents, but whatever. Full theater, Moneypenny calls Bond while he is banging a European woman. Bond says he is "brushing up on a little Danish," Moneypenny responds "you always were a cunning linguist, James." Full theater, only laughs are me, my friend, and my parents. We all kind of awkwardly look at each other.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The first time I saw Animal House, I was in tears from laughing.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

sancarlos wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:00 am The first time I saw Animal House, I was in tears from laughing.
Yeah - a classic comedy for sure.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

My first thought is also Uncle Fucker. Don't think I've ever laughed so hard in a theater. That whole movie was an incredible experience.

The movie I remember seeing as a kid that killed me was Fletch. Still really funny.
Totally Kafkaesque
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The dream sequence in Dumb and Dumber. A buddy of mine got this text from one of our basketball coaches senior year. Both of them were so straight laced that the memory of them crying at the Ex-Lax scene is still vivid in my brain 25+ years later.

You guys were a fun group! I still laugh about the time when the varsity played in the Brazoswood tournament in Clute. We had a long lay-over between games and yall asked if we might go see a movie at the mall. Coach and I sat near the back, thinking we wouldn’t enjoy the movie. And I will have to say that Dumb and Dumber is still one one of my all-time favorites! I think we laughed harder than y’all did. Fun times!! Y’all were a special group.

ETA: my favorite part of this is when the lone Freshman on the team interrupted coach during halftime and said “I figured out which one was dumber!” That Freshman, Adam Hall, would later go on to buzzer beat Duke in his career.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Harry was dumber.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Giff wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:06 am ETA: my favorite part of this is when the lone Freshman on the team interrupted coach during halftime and said “I figured out which one was dumber!” That Freshman, Adam Hall, would later go on to buzzer beat Duke in his career.
This Adam Hall?

Hell of a jumper.
Totally Kafkaesque
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I think I’ll have to go with Rupprecht going to the bathroom.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Rex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:27 pm I think I’ll have to go with Rupprecht going to the bathroom.
That was hilarious.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

sancarlos wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:36 pm
Rex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:27 pm I think I’ll have to go with Rupprecht going to the bathroom.
That was hilarious.
I''m reading a book called Wild & Crazy Guys that looks at Akroyd, Belushi, Martin, and Chase (and their peers) from Animal House or so on. Just read about this last night, evidently, the corks and bathroom were Martin creations as the scripted bit he thought was a bit too crude.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Shirley wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:23 pm
Giff wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:06 am ETA: my favorite part of this is when the lone Freshman on the team interrupted coach during halftime and said “I figured out which one was dumber!” That Freshman, Adam Hall, would later go on to buzzer beat Duke in his career.
This Adam Hall?

Hell of a jumper.
That's him! There's a play on our highlight tape from that year that is just amazing from a 14-year-old. Had he been a year older, we would've won state that year.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This one is probably because of the age when I saw it - but I was 13 when Ghostbusters hit the theaters and the entire library sequence to start the movie was the hardest I had ever laughed in a theater and still may be. The ghost saying "Shhhh!", the "no human could stack books like that" line, the "get her" and the Murray aftermath to how that went - that whole scene killed me. Laughed so hard I could barely breathe.