Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Johnnie »

A dude I used to work with shared this trash copy pasta and passed it off as if it's real and has any sort of gravity to it.

It's complete bullshit and easily disapproved by open source facts, but don't let that stop these dumb fuckers from not thinking critically.
[+] spoiler
My position on Donald Trump:

Make no mistake...I'm not posting this for debate. I don’t seek or need commentary. It's ok if you don't agree because we are all entitled to opinions.

Just consider this...when you think the President is a jerk; he is.

He’s a New Yorker. He’s crude and can be rude. He gets his feelings hurt and he’s a hothead. He hits back; harder. The media hates it when he tweets. Why? Because he gets information out, they don’t want to report.

Let me tell you what else:

He is a guy that demands performance. If you don't work as hard as he does; you're fired!

He is a guy that asks lots of questions.

The questions he asks aren’t cloaked in fancy “political” phrases; they are “why the hell...” questions.

For decades the health industry has thrown away billions of face masks after one use. Trump asks, “why the hell are we throwing them away? Why not sterilize them and use them numerous times?” They called him stupid. What are they doing now? Sterilizing face masks.

He’s the guy that gets hospital ships readied in one week when it would have taken bureaucrats weeks or months to get it done.

He’s the guy that gets temporary hospitals built in three days. They said no way he could do it.

He’s the guy that gets auto industries to restructure to build ventilators in a business that’s highly regulated by agencies that move like sloths.

He’s the guy that asks “why aren’t we using drugs that might work on people that are dying; what the hell do we have to lose?”

He’s the guy that restricted travel from China when the Democrats and liberal media were screaming “xenophobia” and “racist.” Now they’re wanting to know why didn't he react sooner?

He’s the guy that campaigned on securing the border - protecting America - in the face of screaming Democrats and the liberal media. (Both Clinton and Obama talked about a crisis at the border and Obama did some things to address the crisis, but they proved insufficient.) When Trump shut down borders in the midst of the coronavirus virus, they screamed louder. Then the rest of the world followed suit, including the European Union with travel between their member countries. His policy is always 'America First.' For many years we have complained about sending billions abroad, while Americans suffer here. He's minimized that outflow of money.

Has he made mistakes? Yes.

Everyone I know has and does.

The “experts” wouldn’t and haven’t done any better.

Does he change his mind? Yes, who doesn't?

Trump is working harder than I’ve ever seen a President work. Twenty-four-hour days. He isn’t hiding in his office; he’s out front - Briefing - every day.

When he offers hope, they say he’s lying and when he’s straight forward, they say he should be hopeful. It’s a no-win situation, with the MSM, but he will not be deterred.

I’ll take this kind of leadership six days a week and twice on Sunday over a “polished, nice guy” politician who reads prepared speeches from a teleprompter and answers pre-scripted questions.

He is my President.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Joe K »

Johnnie wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:18 pm A dude I used to work with shared this trash copy pasta and passed it off as if it's real and has any sort of gravity to it.

It's complete bullshit and easily disapproved by open source facts, but don't let that stop these dumb fuckers from not thinking critically.
If I were a paid propagandist trying to come up with a defense of Trump, the last thing I would do is claim that he’s an extremely hard worker compared to other presidents. That’s a transparently ridiculous claim.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Joe K wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:47 pm
Johnnie wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:18 pm A dude I used to work with shared this trash copy pasta and passed it off as if it's real and has any sort of gravity to it.

If I were a paid propagandist trying to come up with a defense of Trump, the last thing I would do is claim that he’s an extremely hard worker compared to other presidents. That’s a transparently ridiculous claim.
It's effective, because Trump says it all the time, and his faithful believe it despite all evidence to the contrary. 100 Tweets in a weekend about personal grievances during the worst pandemic in 100 years? Hard at work! Golfing a record number of times after 8 years of bashing Obama for golfing and running a campaign promising numerous times you will be too busy to golf? He is the President, he works so hard he deserves to golf! And he gets work done on the course! Live Tweeting Fox News for 5 hours a day? Hard work! Actually, I couldn't stomach that one, so that would be hard work...

Maybe if Obama just spent 8 years bragging about how amazing he was, Trumpers would have believed him...
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Not without a skin color change.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I already made the comment earlier about voting, but I'll reiterate my experience.

The last two times I voted was when I have been deployed to halfway around the world and did so by email. It was extremely simple and the people I corresponded with could've have been nicer and more accommodating.

I even filled out something on the paperwork wrong this time and received a phone call to make sure I knew. I did have to sign a piece of paper that discloses it couldn't be secret, but that's ok. My vote counted.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

In light of the report that the White House is straight up not releasing economic projections at all:

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:00 am I already made the comment earlier about voting, but I'll reiterate my experience.

The last two times I voted was when I have been deployed to halfway around the world and did so by email. It was extremely simple and the people I corresponded with could've have been nicer and more accommodating.

I even filled out something on the paperwork wrong this time and received a phone call to make sure I knew. I did have to sign a piece of paper that discloses it couldn't be secret, but that's ok. My vote counted.
Washington is all vote-by-mail, and it couldn't be easier. I like that it actually gives you time to sit and read the voters pamphlet, and various other voting guides, so you can make an informed decision when it comes to races like for the Port Commission or Judgeships.

And you don't even need a stamp.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I've voted by mail for the past 20 years with no issues.

One of my wife's idiot relatives posted something on facebook about some vote-by-mail fraud where South Carolina ballots were sent to Maryland. The Trumpers seem to be using that as an example of why we shouldn't have vote-by-mail. I'm guessing it is bullshit, but I don't know anything. Anybody else?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/05/2 ... aX4MHAz3Ug

I used to work for/with this guy at a think tank in the 90s. Super smart, and really spot on with his analysis.

Long story short, predictions that the economy is going to bounce back in time to re-elect Trump is a pipedream. There's been too much widespread decimation in too many industries for that to be a realistic scenario.

Not saying, of course, he won't get re-elected, but a lot of his people are selling a scenario that is highly unlikely in terms of a rosy economy come October.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I just wish there was a way to tweet without having to worry if it was fact checked or not. We need our top scientists on this.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Obvious point (perhaps): That's a ridiculous and unenforceable EO. Citizens United makes it DOA. The government can't just drop in and tell a company how to operate without legislation and or some type of legal maneuver. Good luck getting a judge to enforce that bullshit.

Fucking moron.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I hope Twitter trolls him harder now.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:05 pm I hope Twitter trolls him harder now.
Ooh, Streisand Effect. That would be great.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship

Future historians will look at this Executive Order and marvel that such a whiny bitch could get elected president.

TL,DR the legalese, but...
Twitter now selectively decides to place a warning label on certain tweets in a manner that clearly reflects political bias. As has been reported, Twitter seems never to have placed such a label on another politician’s tweet. As recently as last week, Representative Adam Schiff was continuing to mislead his followers by peddling the long-disproved Russian Collusion Hoax, and Twitter did not flag those tweets. Unsurprisingly, its officer in charge of so-called ‘Site Integrity’ has flaunted his political bias in his own tweets.
The debasement of the Presidency comtinues.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

“But, Mommmmmm, Adam Schiff did it too!” EO reads like a whiny bitch 6 year old. I hope the lawyers writing this hate themselves as much as they should and question every life decision that got them stuck serving the petty infantile whims of a petulant manchild.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 7.40.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 7.40.37 AM.png (200.65 KiB) Viewed 811 times
followed by

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

What will it take for Democrats to stop acting stately and professional in tweets? This is why I like the tweets of the dudes from The Lincoln Project. They actually swear and get nasty.

Donald Trump goes on violence inducing temper tantrums and this is how Democrats tweet:

This is why Democrats have a perception of being bitches. It's extremely frustrating.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Twitter is about 5 years too late on this, and I'm also not sure how they do it when there are so many significant people on twitter either lying blatantly or being more subtle twisting the truth. They could have banned him years ago by treating him like a usual account with multiple violations, but that wouldn't have been good for business.

Also, it looks like Trump will jump all over the riots. Much better to talk about blue lives mattering instead of 100s of thousand of people dying and a crashing economy and more scandals being looked at.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

download (3).png
download (3).png (162.11 KiB) Viewed 769 times
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

So Trump is going to have a press conference this afternoon, surely to talk about the situation in Minneapolis. Wanna bet that he'll be backed up by Ben Carson, Diamond and Silk, Candace Owen, and Sheriff 'Big Dumb Hat' Clarke?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:44 pm So Trump is going to have a press conference this afternoon, surely to talk about the situation in Minneapolis. Wanna bet that he'll be backed up by Ben Carson, Diamond and Silk, Candace Owen, and Sheriff 'Big Dumb Hat' Clarke?
Nah, he's just withdrew from WHO and ranting about China. He's gonna avoid Minn altogether if he can I imagine.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

P.D.X. wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:57 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:44 pm So Trump is going to have a press conference this afternoon, surely to talk about the situation in Minneapolis. Wanna bet that he'll be backed up by Ben Carson, Diamond and Silk, Candace Owen, and Sheriff 'Big Dumb Hat' Clarke?
Nah, he's just withdrew from WHO and ranting about China. He's gonna avoid Minn altogether if he can I imagine.
Didn't take questions, just walked away.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

A_B wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Incredible...there is no fucking bottom with this fuckstick...
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:04 pm
how is the reality worse than the situation you posited?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Brontoburglar wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:08 pm
To me it's that they had it set up for questions then he bailed. He is obviously running away from the whole thing, literally in fact.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

A_B wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:12 pm
To me it's that they had it set up for questions then he bailed. He is obviously running away from the whole thing, literally in fact.
right; but I'm not sure the alternate reality posted above is better?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

I’m with Bronto on this one. The last thing I want is Trump giving statements — especially off the cuff ones — about the Minneapolis case or anything else having to do with race relations.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Oh I totally agree on that, but I was pivoting once it was clear he wasn't going to talk about it. My bad.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Brontoburglar wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:15 pm
A_B wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:12 pm

right; but I'm not sure the alternate reality posted above is better?
Well...I agree that the last the Dumbass says, the better. However, we're in the middle of a pandemic with 100,000+ dead, unemployment is probably around 25%, and a major US city is in flames due to racial unrest, and he calls a press conference, gets all the reporters there (and then shows up late), and says 'Fuck the WHO...we're out', and doesn't take any questions? C'mon...
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'd like to get Van Jones's opinion on the matter to confirm.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Amram posts that every day.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Trump justice department forces out top FBI lawyer in Flynn case
On 27 April, the Fox News host Lou Dobbs told viewers: “Shocking new reports suggest FBI general counsel Dana Boente was acting in coordination with FBI director Christopher Wray to block the release of that evidence that would have cleared General Flynn.”
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

sancarlos wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:20 pm I've voted by mail for the past 20 years with no issues.

One of my wife's idiot relatives posted something on facebook about some vote-by-mail fraud where South Carolina ballots were sent to Maryland. The Trumpers seem to be using that as an example of why we shouldn't have vote-by-mail. I'm guessing it is bullshit, but I don't know anything. Anybody else?
"20 Charleston County absentee ballots for the June 9 primary elections were discovered in Maryland.

The ballots have since made their way back to the correct addresses, and officials are working to ensure that nothing of the sort happens again."

Seems that there's been a number of problems with a particular printing company that's providing the ballots.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It's amazing to me how The Lincoln Project nails every damn ad right now. And I'm either not seeing much from Democrats or not looking hard enough.