Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:30 am It's amazing to me how The Lincoln Project nails every damn ad right now. And I'm either not seeing much from Democrats or not looking hard enough.

Well, the Democrats can let the Lincoln people do the heavy lifting for them while staying at arm's length.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Johnnie »

Because, on the whole, a bunch of Democrats are bitches.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I actually just laughed out loud at that.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

If you want to read what controlled rage can sound like...

George Will: "Trump must be removed. So must his congressional enablers."
In 2016, the Republican Party gave its principal nomination to a vulgarian and then toiled to elect him. And to stock Congress with invertebrates whose unswerving abjectness has enabled his institutional vandalism, who have voiced no serious objections to his Niagara of lies
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

George Will AND Ann Coulter!

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Will's been NeverTrump since 2016
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

One of these soldiers should make the ultimate sacrifice for their country and put a bullet in Trump's head.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I'm worried there will soon be a Kent University type incident, or possibly a National Guardsman or Cop getting murdered which will inflame things more. And I think Trump will try to use this for martial law, election cancellation, you name it. He knows he's down in the polls and the economy is going to shit. Who knows what type of advice Putin gave him yesterday -- maybe get some apartment buildings bombed to start a war. This should have gone in the anxiety thread.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

EdRomero wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:47 pm I'm worried there will soon be a Kent University type incident, or possibly a National Guardsman or Cop getting murdered which will inflame things more. And I think Trump will try to use this for martial law, election cancellation, you name it. He knows he's down in the polls and the economy is going to shit. Who knows what type of advice Putin gave him yesterday -- maybe get some apartment buildings bombed to start a war. This should have gone in the anxiety thread.
I think a Kent State type event is inevitable. We've already seen numerous tweets of cops beating the shit out of people for no apparent reason, and one instance of the horse of a mounted cop trampling an innocent woman.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Jesus. I just saw the footage of the National Guard clearing the way for his photo shoot walk. And how he threw in the 2nd amendment into his call for sending in troops to suppress protesters was really something.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

mister d wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:01 pm
I thought the same thing watching it but was hoping they'd have a few frames earlier when there was a giant BLM tag.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

EdRomero wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 pm And how he threw in the 2nd amendment into his call for sending in troops to suppress protesters was really something.
That was so awkwardly wedged in there (and hopefully that dog bullhorn won't lead to 'patriots' shooting unarmed protesters.)
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

P.D.X. wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:10 pm
EdRomero wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 pm And how he threw in the 2nd amendment into his call for sending in troops to suppress protesters was really something.
That was so awkwardly wedged in there (and hopefully that dog bullhorn won't lead to 'patriots' shooting unarmed protesters.)
Two packs of white dudes with golf clubs, baseball bats, etc. are walking around Philadelphia.

So....

ETA:

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

"The gang defeats Antifa"
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I want to know: Who were the clowns in the room when they dreamed up the 'Lets tear gas protesters and walk to the church' stunt? Because that's an incredible level of stupid...
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

EdRomero wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:50 pm "The gang defeats Antifa"
Well done
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Fuck man, this is end of days shit.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:11 pm Fuck man, this is end of days shit.
Yeah, but think about Biden's gaffes!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

One of my only goals in life at this point is to live long enough to literally piss on his grave one day.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Giff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:37 am
You might think this comment is really clever, but the two issues aren’t distinct. When a country descends into dangerous instability, there’s value in having a forceful and persuasive opposition leader! Who’s going to play that role if things get worse over the next few weeks/months? Do you really think Biden is up for the task?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Joe K wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:41 am
You might think this comment is really clever, but the two issues aren’t distinct. When a country descends into dangerous instability, there’s value in having a forceful and persuasive opposition leader! Who’s going to play that role if things get worse over the next few weeks/months? Do you really think Biden is up for the task?
Yes?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pretty forceful speech today. As good as any I've seen Bernie deliver.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

brian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:44 am
Pretty forceful speech today. As good as any I've seen Bernie deliver.
Yes. Biden is playing the part very well now
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I was listening to a podcast at 1.5 speed and when they played Biden's comments, it sounded great. I think the key is to speed up his recordings so he doesn't sound so old and tired.

To respond to Giff's comment, I'm not comparing Biden to Trump, he is infinitely better than Trump. I'm comparing Biden to other Dems and to the standard a presumptive nominee should meet. Biden falls short and I have little confidence in his ability to perform through November, let alone serve 4 years as President. If he is the nominee, I'm sure as fuck voting for him, but I'm nervous about his cognitive abilities, age and stamina.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:51 am
I was listening to a podcast at 1.5 speed and when they played Biden's comments, it sounded great. I think the key is to speed up his recordings so he doesn't sound so old and tired.

To respond to Giff's comment, I'm not comparing Biden to Trump, he is infinitely better than Trump. I'm comparing Biden to other Dems and to the standard a presumptive nominee should meet. Biden falls short and I have little confidence in his ability to perform through November, let alone serve 4 years as President. If he is the nominee, I'm sure as fuck voting for him, but I'm nervous about his cognitive abilities, age and stamina.
As long as he wins on November 3, that's all that matters. We'd literally be better off with a cat as president if you assume a cat is at least morally neutral.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Apparently the speech today is going well which means he'll likely follow it up by announcing he's very interested in picking "the colored gal from Georgia" as VP.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I co-sign NLFC's deleted post.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You have two Biden posts in front of mine, so are we asking for no cross-discussion or no counters to "competent speech, amazing shit"? I'm fine with either, just want to be clear.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

brian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:14 am I co-sign NLFC's deleted post.
Ha.

For the record, I was very bitchily complaining about the ongoing anti-Biden stuff, and asking that it be kept to the Dem Nomination thread, which I've been ignoring.

I have no expectation that this request would've been followed, I was just bitching about the bitching.

But I didn't like the tone, so I yoinked it.

Screeds, like jokes, are always better when you explain them after the fact, right?
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:17 am You have two Biden posts in front of mine, so are we asking for no cross-discussion or no counters to "competent speech, amazing shit"? I'm fine with either, just want to be clear.
Just to be crystal, I wasn't honestly trying to direct what and where people post stuff. Just frustrated by the presence of the topic at this point.

Everybody do whatever the fuck. I'm capable of scrolling past.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I do and I also believe he is surrounding himself with people who would also know how to act in a crisis. He's actually met with protesters (wearing a mask!) and has shown much more presidential leadership than the guy currently overseeing this mess. His response today is 100x more presidential than anything we've heard in the last four years.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yesterday he allowed for shooting unarmed citizens, just not above the waist.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:34 am Yesterday he allowed for shooting unarmed citizens, just not above the waist.
Unarmed? Or charging an officer while armed with a knife?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

There is “the idea that instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person, coming at him with a knife or something, to shoot him in the leg instead of in the heart,” Biden said. “There’s a lot of different things [policies] that can change.”
Edit: I deleted my earlier commentary and apologize for the tone if you happened to see it.

Biden is talking about a situation where deadly force is already authorized, and police are trained to shoot to kill. He's musing on whether it'd be better to use non-deadly force instead. Maybe it's unrealistic - I have no idea - but it certainly doesn't sound terrible.