Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by brian »

If does if you are compelled to criticize literally everything that Biden says and does.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:24 pm
There is “the idea that instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person, coming at him with a knife or something, to shoot him in the leg instead of in the heart,” Biden said. “There’s a lot of different things [policies] that can change.”
Edit: I deleted my earlier commentary and apologize for the tone if you happened to see it.

Biden is talking about a situation where deadly force is already authorized, and police are trained to shoot to kill. He's musing on whether it'd be better to use non-deadly force instead. Maybe it's unrealistic - I have no idea - but it certainly doesn't sound terrible.
Am I wrong for acknowledging the bolded red parts above? Especially in the present day or present hour climate?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Why didn't you bold the knife part?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I could have, but the comment was about "unarmed" and "or something". Am I being too literal? Because when there are tens of thousands of "somethings" in the hands of protesters each night I don't think you can leave room for ambiguity or interpretation.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

(And bigger picture, I don't see how its at all productive to parse body parts that can or can't be shot in a given situation in the aftermath of a weaponless police murder and subsequent killings.)
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

The intent of his statement is use non-lethal force instead of lethal force. I don't think that is ambiguous in the slightest. Gonna be a long summer if we're parsing his every phrase.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:49 pm
There is “the idea that instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person, coming at him with a knife or something, to shoot him in the leg instead of in the heart,” Biden said. “There’s a lot of different things [policies] that can change.”
Edit: I deleted my earlier commentary and apologize for the tone if you happened to see it.

Biden is talking about a situation where deadly force is already authorized, and police are trained to shoot to kill. He's musing on whether it'd be better to use non-deadly force instead. Maybe it's unrealistic - I have no idea - but it certainly doesn't sound terrible.
Am I wrong for acknowledging the bolded red parts above? Especially in the present day or present hour climate?
You wouldn’t have been wrong if you had merely “acknowledged” the bolded part. But yes, you were wrong to reference only the bolded part while failing to acknowledge the parts about “coming at him” and “with a knife or something.” Because eliminating that critical context misrepresented what Biden was saying.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:49 pm

I think an "unarmed" guy coming at you with a knife is actually an armed guy, if that's what you mean, and I don't have a problem with a cop shooting a guy charging him with a knife drawn.
Steve wrote:Biden is talking about a situation where deadly force is already authorized, and police are trained to shoot to kill. He's musing on whether it'd be better to use non-deadly force instead. Maybe it's unrealistic - I have no idea - but it certainly doesn't sound terrible.
Yeah, LEOs are trained to shoot to kill. There are way too many instances of cops getting killed after wounding a suspect. They are trained to use non-lethal force to subdue a suspect who is not posing an immediate risk to their life. My father always said if he ever had to use his gun, he was doing maximum damage, which is why he refused to use state-issued bullets and bought his own hollow point bullets.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:29 pm One of these soldiers should make the ultimate sacrifice for their country and put a bullet in Trump's head.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I don’t seem to know anymore how to link to my own photos. So here is what I saw walking my dog today:

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:19 pmI think an "unarmed" guy coming at you with a knife is actually an armed guy, if that's what you mean, and I don't have a problem with a cop shooting a guy charging him with a knife drawn.
This is what caught me too ... "someone charging a cop with a knife" is not "an unarmed person, with a knife or something" to my thinking. The latter would seem to encompass far, far more than a very specific imminent knife threat.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:27 pm I don’t seem to know anymore how to link to my own photos.
The twitter link to your face is jarring because in my head I've been debating for months with 2016 Mike Montgomery.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:32 pm
Saw this today. I'm proud he's the highest ranking enlisted member in the Air Force and he "gets it." He's also retiring on 1 October to become the CEO of the Air Force Aid Society so he can use the little bit of active duty time left to speak out. Dude is impressive.

Some folks were giving him shit about adding in Michael Brown though. Apparently there's a way to interpret "justified in being killed" because of going after the cop. I haven't read every detail of the investigation, but ok.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

brian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:39 am One of my only goals in life at this point is to live long enough to literally piss on his grave one day.
His presidential library will be filled with, and only with, copies of "Barely Legal".
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I can only assume he's probably going to fund a foundation dedicated to providing 24 hour a day armed guards to his grave or else it's just going to be completely urine-stained in like two days
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

brian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:21 pm I can only assume he's probably going to fund a foundation dedicated to providing 24 hour a day armed guards to his grave or else it's just going to be completely urine-stained in like two days
100 percent it's going to be in a private, controlled environment.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I bet his approach is closer to "fuck it, I'll be dead". Considering his legacy is far too deep and future-thinking.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:23 pm
brian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:21 pm I can only assume he's probably going to fund a foundation dedicated to providing 24 hour a day armed guards to his grave or else it's just going to be completely urine-stained in like two days
100 percent it's going to be in a private, controlled environment.
I'll still piss on it one day I promise you that. It'll be worth the arrest.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Saving up like a two-liter full of piss and just dumping it in there counts right?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:29 pm I bet his approach is closer to "fuck it, I'll be dead". Considering his legacy is far too deep and future-thinking.
He's SO FUCKING VAIN. He's also like your old, senile uncle that buys shit off of infomercials between Hannity segments... Someone will sell him a special plot, with super duper security... and a silver dollar with a buffalo on it or something.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 pm
brian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:39 am One of my only goals in life at this point is to live long enough to literally piss on his grave one day.
His presidential library will be filled with, and only with, copies of "Barely Legal".
Also 10,000 copies of Don Jr.'s book, purchased with taxpayer money.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:32 pm
mister d wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:29 pm I bet his approach is closer to "fuck it, I'll be dead". Considering his legacy is far too deep and future-thinking.
He's SO FUCKING VAIN. He's also like your old, senile uncle that buys shit off of infomercials between Hannity segments... Someone will sell him a special plot, with super duper security... and a silver dollar with a buffalo on it or something.
But he's only vain in the sense that it directly affects him. One gold statue of him he can see would be better than 100 he can't ever see or hear about. A "consumer of praise" or some shit.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I literally can't wait to find out.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I've never had a three day hangover but that's the plan.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

He'll be embalmed and put on display in the lobby of one of his cheesy hotels (or in an Adelson place in Vegas).

$25 to see the body, $50 for a picture with it and a $500 VIP package including free buffet, Don Jr's book and a "Make Heaven Great Again" hat.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:57 pm I've never had a three day hangover but that's the plan.
We should all agree to do a Swamp meetup that weekend in New Orleans or someplace like that and just spend an entire 72 hours drunk, eating good food and cheering Trump's death at every bar in town.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

About motherfucking time here, by the way. Cut the Judiciary's Funding to like $200.

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:06 pm
mister d wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:57 pm I've never had a three day hangover but that's the plan.
We should all agree to do a Swamp meetup that weekend in New Orleans or someplace like that and just spend an entire 72 hours drunk, eating good food and cheering Trump's death at every bar in town.
I am so down with this idea.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:09 pm
It would be a big party, particularly if it occurs soon. Won't be nearly as fun if we have to wait 15 years.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:17 pm
It would be a big party, particularly if it occurs soon. Won't be nearly as fun if we have to wait 15 years.
Real question, do we fly if it happens before quarantine lifts?
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:42 pm
sancarlos wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:17 pm
Real question, do we fly if it happens before quarantine lifts?
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Fuck man, I'll hop in my car and drive to NO or wherever if I have to. That will be the most fun I've had in years just thinking about mocking all the MAGA fuckwits crying in their beers.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I'm not even kidding. Just thinking about him dying has made me happier than I've been in weeks.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

So this is interesting. It seemed weird how Trump was maneuvering the Bible to hold it in the bizarre way he did. Was this an intentional shout out to the White Supremacists? Coincidence?

-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That's gotta be Photoshop.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Someone said that photo on the left was Photoshopped on Facebook? I dunno. You can't discount anything as far as if Trump was consciously echoing it (and maybe Stephen Miller told him to?) but Trump look extremely uncomfortable holding that Bible and held it in a bunch of different positions, so it was likely a photo was gonna get snapped with it in just about any configuration.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I just remembered Rush Limbaugh is gonna die real soon and that made me feel better too.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

These are dreadful numbers for Trump.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Also:

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Grains of salt and all that but: