What?? Are you drinking?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Re: What?? Are you drinking?

Post by GoodKarma »

Rush2112 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:42 pm
mister d wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:21 am although they did get Heady in last week.
Heady and at least Focal are coming to CO soon.
If you have a line on anybody carrying it let me know...I plan on tracking some down this week.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

rass wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:16 pm Who got two thumbs and gonna thread the needle between drinking since noon and prepare dinner for the family (including making the wiener kids something other than what the adults eat)?
did it work?
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

cerrano wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:02 am
rass wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:16 pm Who got two thumbs and gonna thread the needle between drinking since noon and prepare dinner for the family (including making the wiener kids something other than what the adults eat)?
did it work?
oh yeah, baked bread and everything
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Oh my god me too! Farmers market had garlic scapes so I cooked them down in butter then blended to make scratch garlic bread. Big hit.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Rush2112 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:39 pmDid you get any of the Other Half/WeldWerks (and someone else) collab? WW was selling it here for 43$, OH selling it for 26.
Nope, I've only gone for the standards. The releases, even the All Together, still draw huge attention and its not worth the effort.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

mister d wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:00 am Oh my god me too! Farmers market had garlic scapes so I cooked them down in butter then blended to make scratch garlic bread. Big hit.
I hope to harvest some garlic scapes from my garden in the next week or two. They're wonderful in a stir fry.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:03 am
mister d wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:00 am Oh my god me too! Farmers market had garlic scapes so I cooked them down in butter then blended to make scratch garlic bread. Big hit.
I hope to harvest some garlic scapes from my garden in the next week or two. They're wonderful in a stir fry.
With the birdwatching and the gardening, you might actually be the oldest Swamper.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:20 am
With the birdwatching and the gardening, you might actually be the oldest Swamper.
Don't forget the golfing and bowling, too!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:22 am
It's probably a miracle that someone at your advanced age can remember all of that. Keep taking those pills!
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:29 am
Sabo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:22 am
It's probably a miracle that someone at your advanced age can remember all of that. Keep taking those pills!
Hey, I'm in pretty good shape for a 78 year old.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:21 am Oooo, Icarus is interesting. Have the same issue with reduced or no stock at our local store, although they did get Heady in last week.

OH is worth the shot right now, until they ship to NJ it'll never be easier to stock up at home.
Made a trip to Super BuyRite on 22, picked up a can each of Heady and Focal Banger. They only had one of each on the shelf. Probably bringing them out one at a time. I've had both of them before, but curious to see if my palate will take them for granted now.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

GoodKarma wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:48 pm
mister d wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:21 am although they did get Heady in last week.
If you have a line on anybody carrying it let me know...I plan on tracking some down this week.

Hops & Pie today at 4. Argonaut has it as well.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Rush2112 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:44 pm
GoodKarma wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:48 pm

Hops & Pie today at 4. Argonaut has it as well.
Thanks. I saw Mr. B's has it as well. Wyatt's in Longmont is supposed to get it on Thursday so I'm hoping to pick it up there.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Where you at, Mr. D?
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Alone on my back deck, two-zone grilling pork butt and having my first Separatist of the year. Perpetually disappointing brewery in a great spot (~3 blocks from crayola factory) that now ships to NJ. Pretty solid offering; they’ve always been good inside their space but their canning and crowlers have been meh and below.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I’m bout to grill hot dogs because all weekend is dads choice.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I think I'm in love with this beer.

"Belgian style IPA?" Whatever, it is delightful.

And since my wife and daughter are catching up on one of their shows, I finally get to watch "Parasite" tonight. (Out come the edibles.)
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I’m so fucking pumped for you.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:41 pm I’m so fucking pumped for you.
You know - even though some shitty podcast ruined the ending for me... I am psyched.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

8:15 - Mimosa
8:30 - Screwdriver
9:00 - (took a 6.8 mile walk)
Noon - High Noon Black Cherry
13:00 - Tom Collins #1
14:00 - Tom Collins #2
15:30 - Gin & Tonic
16:45 - Miller Lite (while grilling)
17:15 - Other Half HDHC Green City (with dinner)

Yup, school (unofficially) ended yesterday. And NUFC plays at 9:00 tomorrow, so might have to start a new list.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

You go, cerrano!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Would have peed 2-3 times on that walk.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

mister d wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:10 pm Would have peed 2-3 times on that walk.
I can neither confirm or deny interjourney urination today.

Add to list...

21:34 - Four Roses Single Barrel 1 Rock (nightcap)
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

cerrano wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:15 pm 8:15 - Mimosa

Yup, school (unofficially) ended yesterday. And NUFC plays at 9:00 tomorrow, so might have to start a new list.
This makes me question my decision to have kids. I love the idea of chasing a Miller Lite with an Other Half.
-Pruitt
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So these guys have been running a big campaign with the Sports Junkies (DC Radio guys who tangentially know nonlinear). Found it at the local grocery store....big fan. May order direct.

https://wavesoda.com/
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I don't care for "REAL FRUIT JUICE" when natural flavors are an ingredient.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:06 am
cerrano wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:15 pm 8:15 - Mimosa

I love the idea of chasing a Miller Lite with an Other Half.
I don’t hide the dirt. But the dinner with the wife
was a beautifully ribeye from the Union Pork Store that we split, and some Matlaws frozen stuffed clams. Which for $5 (for 9 at Shop Rite) is a meal
deserving of my last can of decent suds.

About the kids, grass is always greener.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah because those goddamn kids aren't trampling all over it.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:34 pm Yeah because those goddamn kids aren't trampling all over it.
Or pissing on the lawn.

I had to look up Other Half HDHC. High Density Hop Charge, 15 pounds of hops/barrel. That is insanity!

I made a trip to a local brewery (Twin Elephant), and man, this COVID can shopping is actually way more convenient than before. They used to sell at noon on Saturdays and people would line up. I could never make it. Now, they post new canning on social media, you pay online, and pickup whenever. You call from the front door with your order number, and they bring your beer to you. Super convenient. On the downside, I can't go in and drink a flight and determine what I want in a growler.
-Pruitt
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

I just put a DIPA in cold crash (2nd fermentation after dry hopping to clear the beer) that bottom quarter of the carboy was hop residue, there's about a pound of hops in it, though 6 oz was in the two dry-hop sessions. It smells amazing, and the base usually makes a great beer. I switched up the hops so it's really floral on the nose and at 10+ percent it should be perfect for mowing the lawn.

CO brewpubs opened a couple weeks ago, so you can go in, but no samplers so I had to drink a couple of pints to see what I wanted to get.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rush2112 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:42 pm I just put a DIPA in cold crash (2nd fermentation after dry hopping to clear the beer)
Did you do a second boil? I cold crash immediately after boiling the wort and strain the dry hop residue when transferring to a bottling bucket. I skip transferring to a secondary bucket, just seems like an opportunity to infect the beer, and I'm not too concerned with clarity or afraid of a little residue. Using the strainer at bottling bucket transfer left it pretty clear anyways.

I just ordered ingredients for a Black IPA.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Rush2112 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:42 pm
CO brewpubs opened a couple weeks ago, so you can go in, but no samplers so I had to drink a couple of pints to see what I wanted to get.
Thoughts and prayers.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Twin Elephant is in a weird spot right now because they’re producing like 1/4 of what they could sell but I’m sure it’s too risky to ramp up. And as much as I love the OH setup I hate theirs because going for a pint and growlers used to be my symbolic ending of the week or atleast ending of Thursday.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Giff wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:26 pm
Rush2112 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:42 pm CO brewpubs opened a couple weeks ago, so you can go in, but no samplers so I had to drink a couple of pints to see what I wanted to get.
Thoughts and prayers.
Hanging out in a pub does seem like an awfully risky thing to do, these days.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:29 pm Twin Elephant is in a weird spot right now because they’re producing like 1/4 of what they could sell but I’m sure it’s too risky to ramp up. And as much as I love the OH setup I hate theirs because going for a pint and growlers used to be my symbolic ending of the week or atleast ending of Thursday.
Yeah, I much prefer to sit TE's lovely tasting room and sample a flight, but the can pickup was much better. Actually, I've never bought cans from them before because of not being able to go when they were selling. It seems like they do a lot more canning runs now, so probably won't be selling out same day. Kind of like Magnify a few years ago, they'd sell out same day. Now it seems like they still have cans from the previous weeks' release when they have a new release. Haven't made it there in a couple years, though. My daughter's new soccer team practices somewhat close, so I thought I'd be making Magnify runs this Spring. Some day... Fort Nonsense Brewery is a few minutes from the field, haven't heard anything about them, have you been there?
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Vodka and orange Gatorade. calling it a sporty screwdriver.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Warming up for the Timbers game with a Santa Fe Brewing Pale Ale. Good day drinking choice.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:51 pm Vodka and orange Gatorade. calling it a sporty screwdriver.
Gotta replenish those electrolytes!

Have back to back zoom calls in a half hour. Gotta make a cocktail! Hmm what to drink?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

White Russian with extra lime?