Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by sancarlos »

I fantasize about going to that Tulsa parking lot the night before the event and emptying out boxes of nails.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
sancarlos
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by sancarlos »

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:38 pm
I dunno. I’m old enough to remember when a bunch of cities had curfews and there was unrest and violence anyway.

I’m also old enough to remember when we all thought curfews were bad because they just gave cops an excuse to harass and attack protesters and media and people just trying to get home after work.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

A movie about this rally reimagined by Quentin Tarantino would be something I'd love to watch.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:46 pm
I dunno. I’m old enough to remember when a bunch of cities had curfews and there was unrest and violence anyway.

I’m also old enough to remember when we all thought curfews were bad because they just gave cops an excuse to harass and attack protesters and media and people just trying to get home after work.
I think you’re missing the point. Trump is getting pissed off about something that his Secret Service requested. He wants to create conflict.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This Berman thing feels like a massive deal?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

It is. Another death blow to the rule of law.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

But Berman isn't leaving according to his statement.

And Nadler's invited him to testify:

Thread on exactly what was up:

Yes, this looks like a huge, huge deal. And with Barr acting like the dude was just give step down before a new guy was confirmed, it makes it even worse.

Someone on the internet called it the Friday Night Halfassacre.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Speculation is a clerk loyal to Trump working for Alito or Thomas leaked to the man-baby that the tax case isn't going to go his way and this was his response.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Here's what I can't wrap my head around: Berman could be called a 'Trump Loyalist'...he donated money, he worked for the transition, and Trump appointed him to this position.

So what exactly has he uncovered to lead to this really insane (even by Trump/Barr standards) move?
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

When the President retweets a right-wing conspiracy theory...

It isn't even surprising anymore.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Attendance is a little lower than expected
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Jesus Christ
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I think Trump is just riffing - stupidly of course. Testing hasn’t slowed. (So if he did tell people to slow testing, no one listened.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Whoa! Honestly thought this was superimposed. It's magical. Look at that walk of shame.

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Definitely photoshopped.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

And available in 6XL!!!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Ha. Someone made a parody shirt. Nice.

Here's the original: https://www.ninelineapparel.com/product ... -stomp-you
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:46 pm

You need to be about 15 days old to know these lessons.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:13 pm
Absolutely amazing.

Not surprising that it took a bunch of disaffected Republicans to really show the Democrats how to fight nastily.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I can't believe he talked about walking down a ramp for that long. Really broke it down!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Just got this from the Trump campaign...

Friend,

Is everything OK?

President Trump asked us if you were available to meet him at an upcoming event but we told him we hadn’t heard from you yet. You’ve always been one of our BEST supporters, and NOT entering just isn’t like you.

The President is going to call us again soon for an update. Can we confirm your RSVP when he calls?

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so don’t wait any longer.

=-=-=-=-=

To state the obvious, other than signing up to see their propaganda, I've never once interacted with this fucking morons.

And, look, this weird codependent language and neediness is certainly not unique to this campaign. But I have to say, I get a lot of campaign emails... These folks are fucking nuts with this approach. It's constant and it's about 2-3 emails a day like this.

It's all just a money grab, fellas.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Went down a disturbing but hilarious rabbit hole on Twitter. Apparently there was a small earthquake in OK shortly after Trump finished speaking. Hundreds of people proclaiming it was God showing his approval for Trump, the 2020 election will be a Biblical event, the 4.2 on the Richter scale signifies 4 more years, 2nd term, the earthquake was Trump's epic mic drop... Followed by a screen shot from NOAA, saying OK had 7 earthquakes in the last week, 19 in the last 30 days, 190 or so in the last year. It's not Trump, it's fracking and wastewater injecting from oil wells.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Not their best work, but I'm still here for the schadenfreude.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Great thread here on Trump as the ultimate avatar of white supremacy.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Pruitt wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:26 pmNot surprising that it took a bunch of disaffected Republicans to really show the Democrats how to fight nastily.
Except only AOC seems to know how to do that. All the others are too busy acting like they care.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Fucko laying the groundwork for a November loss.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I think its more shifting the mentality to him having a chance to win legit so if things are far more differently rigged, the backlash is tempered.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:09 am
Pruitt wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:26 pmNot surprising that it took a bunch of disaffected Republicans to really show the Democrats how to fight nastily.
Except only AOC seems to know how to do that. All the others are too busy acting like they care.
Well, to be fair a lot of the Bernie Bots who might be of some help are still busy complaining about Joe Biden instead of trying to move the Democrats to the left from the inside like AOC. It's a lot harder to get into the tent and try to change things with activism than it is to sit on the sideline and complain about how the game is rigged.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:21 am
Johnnie wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:09 am
Well, to be fair a lot of the Bernie Bots who might be of some help are still busy complaining about Joe Biden instead of trying to move the Democrats to the left from the inside like AOC. It's a lot harder to get into the tent and try to change things with activism than it is to sit on the sideline and complain about how the game is rigged.
And... What about the rest of the fucking Democrats?

Are we really scapegoating 'Bernie Bots' instead of a feckless, spineless Democratic establishment right now?

The Lincoln Project has these hit pieces done in under a day and slam the fuck out of the president and they're Republicans.

But yes, it's the progressives' fault the Democratic establishment isn't better at playing politics.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I don't know if you've been watching Joe Biden's ads. The ads from the ACTUAL CANDIDATE, but they've been pretty damn good.