Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by A_B »

Also, I'd say most of us here have pumped at least one penis.

Sweet, the new page claims another.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Giff
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Giff »

I see quite a bit of 2020 signs with Pence on them.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This is a bold move :

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

How appropriate that Ivanka chose Bastille Day to say her new version of "If they have no bread to eat, let them eat cake!".

If only we had a working guillotine.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

There are more fractions occuring. McConnell is strongly encouraging masks as he goes around the state. Graham backs Fauci.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:48 pm How appropriate that Ivanka chose Bastille Day to say her new version of "If they have no bread to eat, let them eat cake!".

Its not 'let them eat cake'...its 'let them eat beans'

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Nepotism Barbie cares not for your laws.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Like she's ever 1. eaten black beans 2. opened a can of anything.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

What’s the deal w that? Goya in the Trump portfolio?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:06 pm What’s the deal w that? Goya in the Trump portfolio?
The CEO of Goya is a Trump supporter and came out publicly praising Trump. They violate ethics rules and laws all the time promoting private companies in exchange for donations, good press, etc... Trump's genius is that he does it so openly (every day on Twitter), that it isn't a scandal.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:13 am
sancarlos wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:48 pm How appropriate that Ivanka chose Bastille Day to say her new version of "If they have no bread to eat, let them eat cake!".

Its not 'let them eat cake'...its 'let them eat beans'

Someone really needs to Photoshop a big dildo in place of that can.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Anything you ask for:

My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Exactly why I've felt uneasy. I love the editing and messaging, but the messengers are going to profit greatly if Biden becomes president AND they get to try to 'fix' the party. If Trump stays as president, then they profit greatly and live done because they're all white.

I like this guy's take on them.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Hey, even if the Lincoln Project's motives aren't pure, I'm glad they're there! We need to fire every legal weapon to ensure Trump isn't re-elected, and I think it's ill-advised to turn up one's nose at help from disaffected republicans. That's symptomatic of the way Dems often shoot themselves in the foot.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:44 pm Hey, even if the Lincoln Project's motives aren't pure, I'm glad they're there! We need to fire every legal weapon to ensure Trump isn't re-elected, and I think it's ill-advised to turn up one's nose at help from disaffected republicans. That's symptomatic of the way Dems often shoot themselves in the foot.
Couldn't agree more.

Politics is a filthy, filthy business. And to paraphrase Rick Pitino: "Mr. Smith isn't walking through that door any time soon."

For now, it just has to be that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Ha, I've seen this stuff for over a week now but didn't bring it here out of fear I'd be the wrong messenger. The stuff is well produced for sure but I like it a lot less knowing the motives.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

‘A modern-day night ride’: St. Louis prosecutor receives death threats as Trump defends couple who pointed guns at protesters

Every single fucking day...
“They were going to be beat up badly if they were lucky. If they were lucky,” the president said of the McCloskeys in an interview with Townhall’s Katie Pavlich. “They were going be beat up badly, and the house was going to be totally ransacked and probably burned down like they tried to burn down churches.

“And these people were standing there, never used it and they were legal, the weapons. And now I understand somebody local, they want to prosecute these people. It’s a disgrace,”
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:11 pm ‘A modern-day night ride’: St. Louis prosecutor receives death threats as Trump defends couple who pointed guns at protesters

Every single fucking day...
“They were going to be beat up badly if they were lucky. If they were lucky,” the president said of the McCloskeys in an interview with Townhall’s Katie Pavlich. “They were going be beat up badly, and the house was going to be totally ransacked and probably burned down like they tried to burn down churches.

“And these people were standing there, never used it and they were legal, the weapons. And now I understand somebody local, they want to prosecute these people. It’s a disgrace,”
So now Republicans are all for having the President place demands on local government NOT to prosecute crimes. So Federal government overreach and a lack of law and order. Got it.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:44 pm Hey, even if the Lincoln Project's motives aren't pure, I'm glad they're there! We need to fire every legal weapon to ensure Trump isn't re-elected, and I think it's ill-advised to turn up one's nose at help from disaffected republicans. That's symptomatic of the way Dems often shoot themselves in the foot.
Yeah, but one of the other problems for Democrats is that a lot of people who would be described as "pillars of the party" or the like feel that they can still work with Republicans and once Trump is gone, things will revert to normal... in the face of eight years of Mitch McConnell and John Boehner and other "establishment Republicans" pledging to do everything they could to not let Obama accomplish anything, especially because that old "normal" is pretty goddamn horrific for a large number of people. They need to remember that fact should Trump lose the election when their republican pals who "helped them out" come back, looking to be chummy.
mister d wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:45 pm Ha, I've seen this stuff for over a week now but didn't bring it here out of fear I'd be the wrong messenger. The stuff is well produced for sure but I like it a lot less knowing the motives.
I figured the appearance of the word "Colbert" in the tweet would be the spoonful of sugar.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Democrats have a way of tearing down just about everything that doesn't fit perfectly into whatever purity box they're carrying around at the moment.

Use the grifters if they serve your purpose, ffs. Don't fall for their bullshit, but certainly if they are shitting all over Trump, effectively, who really cares what their motives are.

If we take the WH and Senate, they are going to be marginalized as fuck. And the electorate wants these Trump cocksuckers to pay. Not to make nice. People are pissed.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:25 am Democrats have a way of tearing down just about everything that doesn't fit perfectly into whatever purity box they're carrying around at the moment.

Use the grifters if they serve your purpose, ffs. Don't fall for their bullshit, but certainly if they are shitting all over Trump, effectively, who really cares what their motives are.

If we take the WH and Senate, they are going to be marginalized as fuck. And the electorate wants these Trump cocksuckers to pay. Not to make nice. People are pissed.
What is the endgame, for the Lincoln Project guys to gain the trust and loyalty of Biden voters, then turn on the Dems and bring mainstream GOP back into power? I know those guys have hated Trump since the primaries, but I feel like there is more to them than acting in the best interest of the country or acting on their hatred of Trump. Colbert's piece made it seem like they are just trying to get rich of donations, which may be true, but those guys seem more interested in their political ideology than their personal riches. My feeling is, let them help us get rid of Trump, then worry about fighting with them afterwards. The first battle is way bigger and more important than the second.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

What Syb said. Some of the Warren stuff you can file under purity testing; this is a whole different deal. Even if their target is the same, their motives likely have nothing in common with those of the people who are praising their every video and elevating their status.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:52 am What Syb said. Some of the Warren stuff you can file under purity testing; this is a whole different deal. Even if their target is the same, their motives likely have nothing in common with those of the people who are praising their every video and elevating their status.
I do love their videos, but they are all snakes and responsible for a lot of the worst shit from the Bush era.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:55 am
mister d wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:52 am What Syb said. Some of the Warren stuff you can file under purity testing; this is a whole different deal. Even if their target is the same, their motives likely have nothing in common with those of the people who are praising their every video and elevating their status.
I do love their videos, but they are all snakes and responsible for a lot of the worst shit from the Bush era.
Agreed. Enemy of my enemy in these times.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I disagree with the assertion that if Biden wins and the Dems take control of the Senate that they will just cozy back up to Republicans who have stood by Trump.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Ha. Totally.

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Strange bedfellows, and all that.
Totally Kafkaesque
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Other, not another.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

C'mon. She's just throwing shade.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:44 am C'mon. She's just throwing shade.
Yeah, I'm failing to see how people don't get that. It's good politics to continue to portray Trump outside of the Republican mainstream if you want to win the votes of moderates. I think Pelosi, Biden et al get that he's been enabled by the current crew in the Senate and aren't living in a fantasy world where they're going to all of the sudden come to their senses under a Democratic president. They remember Merrick Garland.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:50 am
P.D.X. wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:44 am C'mon. She's just throwing shade.
Yeah, I'm failing to see how people don't get that. It's good politics to continue to portray Trump outside of the Republican mainstream if you want to win the votes of moderates. I think Pelosi, Biden et al get that he's been enabled by the current crew in the Senate and aren't living in a fantasy world where they're going to all of the sudden come to their senses under a Democratic president. They remember Merrick Garland.
Too bad McConnell won't if RBG gets worse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I refuse to believe any of you think Pelosi, Schumer, Biden et all won't immediately seek reconciliation and going back to how things were before Trump.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:29 pm I refuse to believe any of you think Pelosi, Schumer, Biden et all won't immediately seek reconciliation and going back to how things were before Trump.
I do think they will "seek reconciliation." And they will talk nice about the Republicans even as the Republicans are shivving them. But given that they have always been willing to force legislation through without any Republican votes if that's what it takes, I don't see any reason to think they would *stop* doing that.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Lest we forget - the Republicans have acted like spoiled morons for a while now.

There will be no reconciliation, as the way things were before Trump was pretty shitty.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

People also shouldn't take reversion to less harsh rhetoric as reconciliation.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

ivanka they live.jpg
ivanka they live.jpg (56.99 KiB) Viewed 842 times