Random Politics

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Random Politics

Post by mister d »

Maybe that's CAD?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

So Harrison and Graham were suppose to have their 2nd debate tonight in SC, But Graham refused to take a covid test since he has been hanging out at the WH. Now the debate in cancelled and Graham is going off on Twitter.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Lady doth protest too much.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Probably not a great idea to take to Twitter against a younger person either.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Not what I wanted to wake up too. Senate takeover is going to be hard

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Texas and Georgia's seats were never on the table.

But Harrison's numbers look bleak there compared to nearly everything else I've seen about that race.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

What in the hell is going on in Alaska?

Anchorage Mayor Resigns After Admitting to ‘Inappropriate’ Relationship With TV Anchor
The mayor of Anchorage, Ethan Berkowitz, resigned on Tuesday, one day after admitting that he had engaged in an “inappropriate” relationship with a local news anchor, the latest development in a roiling political drama that began when the reporter claimed there were graphic personal photos of the mayor on an “underage girl’s website.”
Wait...there's more
Before Ms. Athens posted her video online, the mayor’s office said, she had left a voice message for him. In a copy of that message provided by the office, Ms. Athens can be heard in a furious rant making anti-Semitic references and saying that she would be exposing the mayor as “a pedophile.”

“I’m going to get an Emmy, so you either turn yourself in, kill yourself, or do what you need to do,” Ms. Athens said, according to the audio clip. She then said she would personally kill him and his wife.

Ms. Athens, 41, is the main anchor for two outlets, KTBY and KYUR, which broadcast online as Your Alaska Link. Bill Fielder, the station owner, said the video Ms. Athens posted had not been approved. He has demanded that she remove references to the news outlets.

“We had no knowledge of it in advance of her posting it,” Mr. Fielder said.

Ms. Athens was arrested on Friday after a physical altercation with her boss at the station, according to local news reports, not long after her video was posted to Facebook. She was charged with misdemeanor assault, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct and released over the weekend on bail.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Just a reminder, Swampers, don't stick your d in crazy.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 am Texas and Georgia's seats were never on the table.

But Harrison's numbers look bleak there compared to nearly everything else I've seen about that race.
I think Lindsey Graham actually losing is a bit of a pipe dream. But I think a Dem takeover really depends on winning 4 of AZ, CO, IA, ME, and NC. (Since they’re going to lose AL.)

That makes Joe Manchin the median vote.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:55 am
Johnnie wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 am Texas and Georgia's seats were never on the table.

I think Lindsey Graham actually losing is a bit of a pipe dream. But I think a Dem takeover really depends on winning 4 of AZ, CO, IA, ME, and NC. (Since they’re going to lose AL.)

That makes Joe Manchin the median vote.
Yeah, I feel like all the money pouring into Harrison's campaign could be better spent elsewhere. Same with what's her name against McConnell. Yeah, we'd all love to see McConnell lose, but let's donate to realistic campaigns and take his Majority title.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I thought I read Harrison and McGrath were going to stop taking donations.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Giff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:37 am I thought I read Harrison and McGrath were going to stop taking donations.
Effective in three weeks?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I know I've said this before, but isn't part of the calculus here is to make the enemy spend resources places where they wouldn't normally? Every dollar that the GOP has to spend in McConnell or Graham's reelection is a dollar they aren't spending in Arizona or North Carolina. That's classic guerilla tactics; if your enemy is stronger and has a larger war chest, force your enemy to spread their resources out to thin their ranks.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:16 am What in the hell is going on in Alaska?

Anchorage Mayor Resigns After Admitting to ‘Inappropriate’ Relationship With TV Anchor
The mayor of Anchorage, Ethan Berkowitz, resigned on Tuesday, one day after admitting that he had engaged in an “inappropriate” relationship with a local news anchor, the latest development in a roiling political drama that began when the reporter claimed there were graphic personal photos of the mayor on an “underage girl’s website.”
Wait...there's more
Before Ms. Athens posted her video online, the mayor’s office said, she had left a voice message for him. In a copy of that message provided by the office, Ms. Athens can be heard in a furious rant making anti-Semitic references and saying that she would be exposing the mayor as “a pedophile.”

“I’m going to get an Emmy, so you either turn yourself in, kill yourself, or do what you need to do,” Ms. Athens said, according to the audio clip. She then said she would personally kill him and his wife.

Ms. Athens, 41, is the main anchor for two outlets, KTBY and KYUR, which broadcast online as Your Alaska Link. Bill Fielder, the station owner, said the video Ms. Athens posted had not been approved. He has demanded that she remove references to the news outlets.

“We had no knowledge of it in advance of her posting it,” Mr. Fielder said.

Ms. Athens was arrested on Friday after a physical altercation with her boss at the station, according to local news reports, not long after her video was posted to Facebook. She was charged with misdemeanor assault, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct and released over the weekend on bail.

Not to be mean but if you're going to risk it all...this?
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Isn't that a 10 in Alaska, especially since men outnumber women there?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:03 am I know I've said this before, but isn't part of the calculus here is to make the enemy spend resources places where they wouldn't normally? Every dollar that the GOP has to spend in McConnell or Graham's reelection is a dollar they aren't spending in Arizona or North Carolina. That's classic guerilla tactics; if your enemy is stronger and has a larger war chest, force your enemy to spread their resources out to thin their ranks.
Yes. Been saying this awhile. When you make Texas a problem for them, for example, it fucks with their ability to protect these other battleground states.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:09 am Isn't that a 10 in Alaska, especially since men outnumber women there?
According from my friends that moved there due to military service, yes.

The term "Tundra Wookie" was used.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Turns out the Alaska story is even more batshit insane then originally suspected...

Some Shit Is Going Down In Alaska, Man
We would like to share the story of an insane scandal, set in the darkening, far-flung town of Anchorage, Alaska. It involves a man named Ethan Berkowitz (above, center), who until very recently was the mayor of Anchorage and a presumptive contender for the governorship of Alaska; it involves a woman named Maria Athens (above, right), who until very recently was a reporter at a local TV station; it involves a local cookie-maker named Molly Blakeley (above, left), and Molly Blakeley’s adult daughter. There are more characters and many moving parts, but those are the principals. This will take two of us, because frankly no single human brain can process all this and still be capable of human language at the end.
Its like the next season of Fargo.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:27 pm Turns out the Alaska story is even more batshit insane then originally suspected...

Some Shit Is Going Down In Alaska, Man
We would like to share the story of an insane scandal, set in the darkening, far-flung town of Anchorage, Alaska. It involves a man named Ethan Berkowitz (above, center), who until very recently was the mayor of Anchorage and a presumptive contender for the governorship of Alaska; it involves a woman named Maria Athens (above, right), who until very recently was a reporter at a local TV station; it involves a local cookie-maker named Molly Blakeley (above, left), and Molly Blakeley’s adult daughter. There are more characters and many moving parts, but those are the principals. This will take two of us, because frankly no single human brain can process all this and still be capable of human language at the end.
Its like the next season of Fargo.
Just read the first few lines of set up... I'm putting this aside for after work, too much to do and this looks fucking FASCINATING.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That is pretty amazing.
Totally Kafkaesque
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Beto O'Rourke taking a teaching job at Texas State.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Man, he's just born to be in it, and wants to do everything he humanly can for this college at this moment.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am Man, he's just born to be in it, and wants to do everything he humanly can for this college at this moment.
Beto gets a lot of shit about that statement, but there's no denying that he is doing work in Texas this cycle.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:49 am
Johnnie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am Man, he's just born to be in it, and wants to do everything he humanly can for this college at this moment.
Beto gets a lot of shit about that statement, but there's no denying that he is doing work in Texas this cycle.
He should get a lot of shit for that statement. It was very obviously an empty platitude.

I was on the Beto train initially after he lost to Cruz. But he reverted to the mean when running for president. He just wasn't inspiring anymore.

But kudos to him for trying his damnedest to turn Texas blue.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Yeah, I've never seen anything like it from a Democrat here. Of course, my first vote was in 1994...
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sooo ... when is the "fucked a student" scandal?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Somehow, I'd never heard about this:

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:20 pm Somehow, I'd never heard about this:

It's Raining Men
Totally Kafkaesque
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Never heard of this guy, so wonder how credible this is??

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

He’s a semi-prominent right wing hack.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I have to laugh at the chutzpah of anyone who supports Trump pretending to care about anyone else's shady financial dealings. (Not defending Omar and I'm not going to give Bongino clicks, but even if the story is 100 percent legitimate, they shouldn't be throwing stones at glass houses.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:04 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:20 pm Somehow, I'd never heard about this:

It's Raining Men
A plus.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

psunate77 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:11 pm Never heard of this guy, so wonder how credible this is??

Dan Bongino is a Fox News and InfoWars regular contributor, and regularly fills in for Hannity. That should tell you what you need to know about his credibility.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

She's 87 and needs to go. Really looking forward to the ensuing Democratic civil war where The Squad + new Squad members gun hard and very openly for all the rich, out of touch fossils in the Senate and House after the election is over.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I worry about the money there.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:21 pm I worry about the money there.
If the AOC types have millions of supporters, they’ll be able to raise money. Bernie raised $200 million. I think that was more than any other candidate until it was over. (Obviously Biden has raised a ton since then.)
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its the double-edged sword where the more progressives that enter, the more the money will be spread around from far more finite sources.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Frank Amedia Warns That If Christians Don’t Vote, People Will Start Having Sex With Cows
Frank Amedia, the tsunami-stopping and ant-reviving pastor who founded the POTUS Shield prayer effort to wage spiritual warfare on behalf of President Donald Trump, released a video last Friday in which he claimed that God told him that he is going to shift the polls in key races heading into the election so that Republican candidates gain 5 points, while Democratic candidates lose 5 points.

And to drive home the point of just how important it is for Christians to vote, Amedia warned that failure to do so would result in an America where “animalism” is accepted and “somebody can marry a cow and have perverse sex with them.”