Re: 2020 Presidential Election: Joe Biden vs Whoever the Republicans Nominate

Post by HaulCitgo »

Nm
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:20 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:14 amThe last act of this version of the Republican party will be stealing yet another Supreme Court seat. They'll all be asking "was it worth it?" after the run the Dems are about to have.
And the Dems will look them in the eye and say "What can we do to help? How can we help you get back on your feet?"
The people you rightfully say are standing in the way are, literally, dying as we sit here and kvetch.

It might take another couple of cycles, but the dinosaurs in both patties know their days are numbered.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I think if there was any doubt about the future of the Democratic Party, Feinstein essentially ending her career for praising Lindsey Graham answered those questions.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:04 am Thought this might interest you Johnnie:

mister d wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:20 amThe older group is hardly the most interesting number on those charts.
Funny, an old retiree, white guy who's nice and mild mannered, just came by my office to talk about the Trump rally on the western side of the city this weekend. He's very much in the 55+ demo. He even talked about Hunter Biden's emails and "It would be really bad to have a president with money owed to China." And when I was like "Did you see Trump's bank accounts and his tax bill to China?" He was like "Oh, that was closed in 2013." Yea, ok, Myron. Whatever you say.

I didn't read further, but I'm curious if "veteran" is a catch all for "active duty, guard, reserve, and prior service."
HaulCitgo wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:37 am Yeah can that be right? Military times must be some sort of special group. If Biden wins veterans election is ovah.
Military Times was owned by Gannett (USA Today), but now are owned by something called "Sightline Media Group" which is part of "Regent L.P." Regent is a private equity firm that owns a bunch of shit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regent,_L.P.

I say that to say it is in no way affiliated with the DoD and is a private entity with a name that makes you think it is affiliated. Actual military commanders aren't big fans of the media because --hey! -- they keep commanders in check and report on stories that make them look bad sometimes.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

What the fuck.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Following up on that and my post earlier -- The "COVID is fake news" message Trump is ending his campaign with seems doomed to fail.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

At this point, shouldn't he just drive into the skid and hope it gets the vote out for his supporters? Stating that they are going to be more aggressive is implicitly saying "yes, I fucked up earlier".
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The reason I've been so optimistic about this election is due to the "bet" that Trump was never going to take a FUCKING PANDEMIC seriously. When he started in with his bullshit in February and March, it was over.

There's no way to have fixed this once he basically said Fuck It in May and June. At that point, everyone saw what they needed to see. If he had any political savvy, he would've thrown a bunch of people under the bus, blaming them for bad advice, and put together some semblance of a national plan.

He has no plan. He is fucked.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Lets just wait a week on the victory lap, ok?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:01 pm Lets just wait a week on the victory lap, ok?
No one's taking a victory lap. Everyone here has voted or will vote, so there's no victory lap to take, but it's not necessary to be in a state of perpetual panic when there is evidence that Trump is going to lose and lose convincingly at that. But for sure, externally keep pressure on people you know to vote, phone bank, donate -- do whatever you can until next Tuesday night.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:53 am
He has no plan. He is fucked.
"It'll magically disappear by Easter" isn't a plan in your mind?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Can only imagine what the tweets are going to be saying by the weekend.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

"Did you see what Sleepy Joe said the other day? He's gonna kill every puppy and kitten in the country and drink their blood. Sick! Sick and disgusting person, Sleepy Joe. Trump LOVES dogs and are safe with me."

Then another tweet two minutes later:

"VOTE TRUMP. I WON'T KILL YOUR DOGS!"
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:02 pm Can only imagine what the tweets are going to be saying by the weekend.

at some point the lies are so wild that they lose impact.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:27 pm at some point the lies are so wild that they lose impact.
It makes it that much more headache-inducing though when you realize how many people actually really DO believe the stuff he says still. That that number is in likely the tens of millions is an indictment of almost everything about America.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:29 pm
tennbengal wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:27 pm at some point the lies are so wild that they lose impact.
It makes it that much more headache-inducing though when you realize how many people actually really DO believe the stuff he says still. That that number is in likely the tens of millions is an indictment of almost everything about America.
Saw a headline on a media aggregator for an interview with a 60-something Trump voter, "I am very active researching on Social Media, so I know the President doesn't lie."
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:48 pm
Saw a headline on a media aggregator for an interview with a 60-something Trump voter, "I am very active researching on Social Media, so I know the President doesn't lie."
Hell, the other day I had a left-winger tell me there was more evidence of Biden's improper involvement with Hunter's business dealings than there is of a Trump-Russia connection. (TB saw this.)

People are just generally losing it right now. It is going to be a very long week.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:27 pm
Pruitt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:02 pm Can only imagine what the tweets are going to be saying by the weekend.

at some point the lies are so wild that they lose impact.
You mean like this?

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Anyone see DT new TV ad about Hunter’s emails??
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

😂
Noli Timere Messorem
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

mister d wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:21 pm This one?
You keep bringing this up. Maybe you’re a pediphile
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

psunate77 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:16 pm
mister d wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:21 pm This one?
You keep bringing this up. Maybe you’re a pediphile
(door flies open)

HOW THE HELL YOU DOIN' BOYS?
rex4.jpg
rex4.jpg (33.86 KiB) Viewed 439 times
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:18 pm
Hell, the other day I had a left-winger tell me there was more evidence of Biden's improper involvement with Hunter's business dealings than there is of a Trump-Russia connection. (TB saw this.)

People are just generally losing it right now. It is going to be a very long week.
Was his name Joe K?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Giff wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:18 am
Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:18 pm

Was his name Joe K?
Cmon. Let’s not go down that path.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Strong reading comprehension skills, Giff.
Joe K wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:33 am There isn’t much “new” because already it’s long been well-established that Hunter Biden was making a lot of money from business dealings in Ukraine and China while his father was VP. But there are emails that reference a Ukrainian businessman meeting Joe (Joe previously pled ignorance about what Hunter was doing) and an e-mail talking about a Chinese business deal where the “big guy” got a cut of the profits. Right-wing media has jumped on that to suggest that it’s referring to Joe Biden but that’s not clear at all. My understanding is that it’s a somewhat common turn of phrase in Chinese business parlance to say something like “big guy” or “big boss” to refer to a business executive. ...
Honestly none of this is an earth-shattering scandal or anything but Facebook and Twitter censoring the NYPost article is a big deal considering the broader implications....

There was that golfing photo. I don't know if the potential meeting referenced in these emails is with the same Ukrainian guy or someone different and/or more powerful. Either way, I don't see it mattering much to people. IMO the only thing that would actually make a measurable impact on the election would be if there were evidence of Joe personally profiting off of these deals, but there doesn't seem to be any (and I highly doubt he's stupid enough to have done that).
But I apologize for being Steve Bannon and correctly predicting that Trump would raise the issue at the debate and that Biden would have to respond then if not beforehand.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

And again... They are going to steal the election and nobody is going to be able to stop them.. They will deem Main In Ballots as illegal and Trump will be cast by the SC as the winner.

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

go away
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Right? How much pants-shitting can one person do?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:25 pm Right? How much pants-shitting can one person do?
Nate is gorging on Political Cabbage Soup.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Wash ya booty.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

I would be in denial too..You know it's going to happen.

The Supreme Court just ruled within the last few days that both Maine and Wisconsin have to have all ballots counted by the end of election night. Original it was 3-6 days after. Both were ruled in favor of republicans.

Pennsylvania is going to heard next. Where there are still a ton of ballots not mailed back in.

It's going on, the fix is coming into plays.

But again, don't let the facts stand in your way
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

There is a definite boy who cried wolf vibe going on here. But that doesn't mean PSUNate is wrong.

Covid-Barnett appearing at a Trump rally last night was as political as it gets, too.
Noli Timere Messorem
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

yes, he's wrong. he can't even explain the wisconsin ruling properly. it has nothing to do with ending the count *on election night*

he's a perfect example of how disinformation takes hold
Last edited by Brontoburglar on Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

It doesn't mean he's wrong, just that he's one-note and of questionable sincerity.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I mean, I think we're all aware of the risks and the reality of the situation -- no one here is naive, especially after 2016.

But EVERY FUCKING POST is just him shitting his pants. It's tiresome.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Brontoburglar wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:34 pm yes, he's wrong. he can't even explain the wisconsin ruling properly. it has nothing to do with ending the count *on election night*

But I will not post here anymore cause I know how this will play out.. If I am wrong, I will come back admit it and apologize, until then.. Peace.

Enjoy 4 more years of this bastard
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

brian wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:34 pm I mean, I think we're all aware of the risks and the reality of the situation -- no one here is naive, especially after 2016.

But EVERY FUCKING POST is just him shitting his pants. It's tiresome.
I'm seeing nails everywhere too. My wife was talking to me about Schitt's Creek earlier and I just wanted to scream 'STOP TALKING!' but it's on me. I'm just fucking fried.

Brontoburglar wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:34 pm yes, he's wrong. he can't even explain the wisconsin ruling properly. it has nothing to do with ending the count *on election night*

I was referring to the tweet about Kavanaugh's grotesquely partisan screed.
Noli Timere Messorem
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

ruling that absentee ballots have to be received by election night =/= counting has to stop on election night