Election Week 2020

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

Re: Election Week 2020

Post by sancarlos »

degenerasian wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:38 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:29 pm We just watched Jake Tapper’s interview of Mitt Romney.

It was an important reminder of how much of a weaselly, worthless piece of shit Romney is. Even now he’s talking about how the ACA should’ve been repealed and replaced. And how any tax on “enterprise” would destroy our economy.

God the Dems need to somehow win these GA Senate seats.
This is the GOP. I laugh when Democrats suddenly wrap their arms around Romney and Kasich and Bush. I mean didn't Romney confirm ACB in a nanosecond?

Romney and Kasich will make 2024 runs.
Jeebus, guys. I'm just going to enjoy getting rid of Trump for just a couple more minutes, ok?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The Republic is not going to end. That's enough to keep me happy for months. Pandemic stock swings will suck but it's also going to be nice to make an options play without having to worry about the President tweeting that Boeing is now illegal or that he's excommunicating Oregon or something.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

sancarlos wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:40 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:29 pm We just watched Jake Tapper’s interview of Mitt Romney.

It was an important reminder of how much of a weaselly, worthless piece of shit Romney is. Even now he’s talking about how the ACA should’ve been repealed and replaced. And how any tax on “enterprise” would destroy our economy.

This is the GOP. I laugh when Democrats suddenly wrap their arms around Romney and Kasich and Bush. I mean didn't Romney confirm ACB in a nanosecond?

Jeebus, guys. I'm just going to enjoy getting rid of Trump for just a couple more minutes, ok?
Yeah I was thinking we’d wait until at least Monday to start the Biden Administration Meltdown Thread.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Now that the time to help achieve a clearer result has passed ...
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Gunpowder wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:31 pm
Rex wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:58 am The Four Seasons bit now replaces Sgt. George “Steve” Cum as the funniest thing from the Trump years.
What is this and how am I just now learning about it
In the "Hey Johnnie!" thread:

http://www.sportsfrog.net/phpbb/viewtop ... 55#p267955
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:46 pm
sancarlos wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Yeah I was thinking we’d wait until at least Monday to start the Biden Administration Meltdown Thread.
Only if howard doesn’t come back this weekend.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This is breath-takingly evil - and it's the same arguments they are using in their BS lawsuits now - high voter turnout must be fraudulent because it is high voter turnout:

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Like I said, I am happy Biden was elected, but until he is sworn in I am going to have massive anexity. Trump got 71M votes, his cronies have the Senate, gained in the house, and have the SCOTUS. I hope nothing comes of this, but I am very cautious as these people are evil and will stop at nothing to keep Trump in.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Will of the people is real. Second amendment gets lots of animosity but that's its purpose and scotus knows that's an actual real life check on their power.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Good results from Apache County.

3,000 votes reported
Biden 1895
Trump 1100

Depending on how many votes are remaining to be counted, Trump needs 58-60 percent the rest of the way (including these votes).

Maricopa County announced they’ll report another chunk at 4pm tonight.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:12 pm Good results from Apache County.

3,000 votes reported
Biden 1895
Trump 1100

Depending on how many votes are remaining to be counted, Trump needs 58-60 percent the rest of the way (including these votes).

There's about 20K left in Tucson's county (blue) and a similar number left in a very red county - thought is those will be a push. If so, then Trump would need to makeup the 19,348 deficit in Maricopa's last dump. That would be a tall order if it breaks out like that. Fingers crossed.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

tennbengal wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:18 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:12 pm Good results from Apache County.

3,000 votes reported
Biden 1895
Trump 1100

There's about 20K left in Tucson's county (blue) and a similar number left in a very red county - thought is those will be a push. If so, then Trump would need to makeup the 19,348 deficit in Maricopa's last dump. That would be a tall order if it breaks out like that. Fingers crossed.
Yeah I think you’re right. I’m feeling much better about AZ now.

There’s still a wild card with the provisional ballots. But just like Kornacki made us all nervous about how they’d play out in PA, I think they give us more hope in AZ.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Fuck guys - Trump lost!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

WTF is wrong with AOC? She has spent the last few days ripping Democrats, first McCaskill, now Connor Lamb from Pennsylvania.. Then today she says she don't know if she wants to continue with politics.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Claire McCaskill, a sitting commentator, can rip progressives but progressives cannot rip Claire McCaskill. Mmmhmm.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

mister d wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm Claire McCaskill, a sitting commentator, can rip progressives but progressives cannot rip Claire McCaskill. Mmmhmm.
She should STFU.. AOC would get destroyed in an election in Missouri. She is a newbie to the political scene and is now trying to tell everyone how to run their campaigns. She runs in a huge democratic area, but if she didn't get would probably get beat.

Bottom line, Biden won, but overall the Dems got destroyed this election. Lost what 5 House seats, most likely will lose the senate, and lost alot of state races. I know PA had several house races flip and the Dems lost the state Treasure and IG.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

psunate77 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:20 pmShe should STFU
Hey everyone look at Nate advocating for a powerful voice to stay silent in order to protect the institution.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

mister d wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm Claire McCaskill, a sitting commentator, can rip progressives but progressives cannot rip Claire McCaskill. Mmmhmm.
I am behind anyone that rips McCaskill. She sucks out loud.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

All these folks need to STFU for a bit. We don’t even have full results yet. Nor have they been broken down by district or precinct so we can see how various candidates performed vs the average or expected performance or whether there’s any reliable relationship between that and relative ideology.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

AOC is a clown.. She has never campaigned in Connor's region, she has been in politics for 2 years and is now an expert.

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Anyway, Maricopa just reported nearly 7000 votes. Biden got 55% of them. Trump needed 59% of them to stay on track.

Between that and Apache County results reported earlier, Biden has gotten 57% of the 9900 votes.

But still a lot of uncertainty regarding what’s left.

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

psunate77 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:26 pm AOC is a clown.. She has never campaigned in Connor's region, she has been in politics for 2 years and is now an expert.

Dude, really. Just fucking stop. Yeah I agree AOC has a limited perspective, but she’s not a clown - and she’s certainly not a clown for saying something you (and probably I) disagree with. She’s fucking brilliant, and her interview on CNN today was a thing of beauty.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:32 pm
psunate77 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:26 pm AOC is a clown.. She has never campaigned in Connor's region, she has been in politics for 2 years and is now an expert.

Dude, really. Just fucking stop. Yeah I agree AOC has a limited perspective, but she’s not a clown - and she’s certainly not a clown for saying something you (and probably I) disagree with. She’s fucking brilliant, and her interview on CNN today was a thing of beauty.
She isn't fucking brilliant.. She represents a huge Democratic area.. She is speaking out against the way a Dem campaigns in a 50/50 area and has won 3x against Trump. She needs to sit the fuck down. She should explain why her numbers were down this time.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

psunate77 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:28 pmShe isn't fucking brilliant.
This just tells me you’ve never heard her speak. (Or it says way more about you than her.)
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Inauguration is still two months away, and already some are looking for dark clouds.

Just enjoy and stop analyzing things.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:35 pm
This just tells me you’ve never heard her speak. (Or it says way more about you than her.)
I heard enough about Defund the Police. How that platform workout this election?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Defund the Police
Defund the Polie
Defund the Pole
Defund the Poe
Defund the Pe
Defnd the Pe
Defend the Pe
Defend the Ped
Defend the Pedo
Defend the Pedos
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

psunate77 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:22 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:35 pm
I heard enough about Defund the Police. How that platform workout this election?
We don’t know. The results aren’t in and haven’t been analyzed. That was the exact point of my earlier post you responded to.

I personally suspect Defund hurt the Dems. Quite a bit. But (1) we don’t know, (2) we may never know, (3) Defund wasn’t AOC’s idea, (4) I don’t know if she even campaigned on it, (5) I don’t know that she advised others to campaign on it, and (6) she’s not “attacking” Conor Lamb for not campaigning on it.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

People who hate defund the police don’t understand defund the police.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

A_B wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:50 pm People who hate defund the police don’t understand defund the police.
This is entirely true.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

tennbengal wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:53 pm
A_B wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:50 pm People who hate defund the police don’t understand defund the police.
This is entirely true.
That's funny, this just came up in a thread he's tweeting:

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

This is entirely true.
That’s a huge fucking It Depends.

“Defund” the police, based on the plain meaning of the words, means eliminate their funding.

After all the shit blew up in May/June, people started saying “we just mean reduce their budgets.” But then one of the lead activists write a NYT op-ed saying “no, we mean abolish.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... 0p19G=2103

Plenty of marchers around here were promoting abolition of the police as well.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

And FWIW, the answer to Harriott’s question is “yes”.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:16 pm
This is entirely true.
That’s a huge fucking It Depends.

“Defund” the police, based on the plain meaning of the words, means eliminate their funding.

After all the shit blew up in May/June, people started saying “we just mean reduce their budgets.” But then one of the lead activists write a NYT op-ed saying “no, we mean abolish.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... 0p19G=2103

Plenty of marchers around here were promoting abolition of the police as well.
Ffs. You miss the point. No one wants no police. Maybe the term that would fit your eye is fund things other than just arming police to the hilt and not train them to do anything but shoot people but instead make sure people trained for certaint situations respond to those instances where their expertise outstrips the police and their guns.

Steve you are smarter than this.
Last edited by A_B on Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The Saints are beating the living fuck out of Tampa. Like, a holy shit beating.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

This is entirely true.
But those people voted. So it is important that the meaning and reasons for the phrase be explained to them.

Also, Frankly, the Black Lives Matter movement would also benefit from some concerted explanation of its meaning to the unwashed masses.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

BLM is also not hard. Even BLM people think that all lives matter. But white people generally don’t get shot or their necks choked for minor violations. The BLM movement is to have everyone treated fairly. You or me get pulled over we don’t worry about more than a ticket generally speaking. Black people do worry
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

sancarlos wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:25 pm
This is entirely true.
But those people voted. So it is important that the meaning and reasons for the phrase be explained to them.

Also, Frankly, the Black Lives Matter movement would also benefit from some concerted explanation of its meaning to the unwashed masses.
Frankly, a little intellectual curiosity wouldn't hurt some people.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”