2013 MAC Football Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Keg
The Big Lebowski

Re: 2013 MAC Football Thread

Post by Keg »

I actually think those uniforms are pretty cool (I'm color blind though).
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Keg wrote:I actually think those uniforms are pretty cool (I'm color blind though).
Yeah, the response on Twitter, etc. has actually been really positive. I will say that the whole uniform including the throwback helmet, etc. isn't as bad as I feared from looking at other pics. I'm just a big fan of our "classic" look and it kinda drives me nuts the need to Oregon-ize it all the time. But I guess that's college football these days.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

It's early, but . . . the Northern Illinois Huskies are looking like the better team out there against B1G school Purdue.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

. . . and: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... ILL@PURDUE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) Jordan Lynch threw for 207 yards and three touchdowns, and Northern Illinois scored on a kickoff return and an interception return to rout Purdue 55-24.

It's the first time a Mid-American Conference team has beaten two* Big Ten foes in the same season, and the Huskies (4-0) made it look easy, tying the MAC record for victory margin over a Big Ten school. Toledo beat Minnesota by 31 in 2001.
* The other victory was over Iowa.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I love love loved Ohio -3 at Akron but didn't get to the sports book on time this morning. So of course Ohio is laying the wood. Been that kind of sports betting year for me.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

brian wrote:I love love loved Ohio -3 at Akron but didn't get to the sports book on time this morning. So of course Ohio is laying the wood. Been that kind of sports betting year for me.
Granted, I'm biased, but I have no idea how the line was only -3. The only time Akron has looked good this year is versus Michigan. Hell, they were losing by two touchdowns at home to an FCS team a few weeks ago. I also saw a stat that Akron has lost 25 straight games against FBS competition. And still, only -3?
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Miami put Don Treadwell out of his misery today...more importantly the offensive coordinator was canned as well. Former QB Mike Bath named as interim. Hopefully there will be signs of improvement the remainder of the season.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

GoodKarma wrote:Miami put Don Treadwell out of his misery today...more importantly the offensive coordinator was canned as well. Former QB Mike Bath named as interim. Hopefully there will be signs of improvement the remainder of the season.
Hey, CMU got a coach fired!

Totally understandable move by Miami. This has to be the nadir for that program. They were in the top 20 in all-time winning percentage as recently as a couple of years ago (last time I checked). Totally inexcusable for them to not be annual contenders in the MAC (and I feel the same way about Central, which was also top 20 in winning percentage at one point).
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

All time record is 668-414-44...31st for wins (as of last season). Winning % is down in the 30s or 40s

Edit: that's all schools. Just for D1 the rank is 20th
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

ESPN giving the MAC a new bowl game.
http://college-football.si.com/2013/10/ ... &eref=sihp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

wlu_lax6 wrote:ESPN giving the MAC a new bowl game.
http://college-football.si.com/2013/10/ ... &eref=sihp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Technically the MAC only participates 4 out of every 6 years. They'll get the same deal when the new Bahamas Bowl is announced on Monday as well, giving the MAC 5 bowl bids starting next year (Boise, Mobile AL, Montgomery AL, Boca Raton FL, Nassau). There's a murderer's row of awesome bowl destinations.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

brian wrote:
Technically the MAC only participates 4 out of every 6 years. They'll get the same deal when the new Bahamas Bowl is announced on Monday as well, giving the MAC 5 bowl bids starting next year (Boise, Mobile AL, Montgomery AL, Boca Raton FL, Nassau). There's a murderer's row of awesome bowl destinations.
I had an absolute blast in Mobile when OU played in the GMAC Bowl a few years ago. I'd go back there in a heartbeat.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Sabo wrote:
brian wrote:
I had an absolute blast in Mobile when OU played in the GMAC Bowl a few years ago. I'd go back there in a heartbeat.
I'd honestly settle for a bowl game in Fairbanks, so I'm not being quite as sarcastic as it sounds. Out of that lineup below, Mobile is probably the most preferred destination. (Nassau would be cool, but presumably expensive.)
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Down goes Ohio! CMU (a 21-point underdog) pulls off the massive upset 26-23. CMU's bowl hopes are still alive.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ugh. So sad. I once dated a girl who lived in those apartments. It's not an especially bad area (for Ypsilanti at least).
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

rass wrote:Image

h/t
All kidding aside, last night's NIU-Ball State game was very good. The final score didn't do the game justice, considering it was tied at 27 with less than six minutes left in the game.

And if Jordan Lynch isn't a Heisman finalist, college football can go fuck itself.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Sabo wrote:
rass wrote:Image

h/t
All kidding aside, last night's NIU-Ball State game was very good. The final score didn't do the game justice, considering it was tied at 27 with less than six minutes left in the game.

And if Jordan Lynch isn't a Heisman finalist, college football can go fuck itself.
He is pretty damn good. The game was very entertaining. Ball State made some mental mistakes that cost them. (Running against 9 in the box on 4th and 1, 2 squib kicks that resulted in 7 points). NIU is very good.

That said, Bama would beat them by 60.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I've never seen a team quit on a season like the Bobcats have this year. Absolutely pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if Solich retires after this season.
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

On November 18, 2006, I attended my first D-I football game, watching Ohio State (11-0) take down Michigan (11-0) 42-39 in Columbus.

On November 29, 2013, I will attend my second D-I game, and my first MAC game - University at Buffalo Bulls vs. Bowling Green Falcons at a semi-populated Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, NY.

Should I slightly lower my expectations for this game?
mini puke to 1,558
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Ted Ginn Jr. ain't walking through that tunnel!
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

kranepool wrote:On November 18, 2006, I attended my first D-I football game, watching Ohio State (11-0) take down Michigan (11-0) 42-39 in Columbus.

On November 29, 2013, I will attend my second D-I game, and my first MAC game - University at Buffalo Bulls vs. Bowling Green Falcons at a semi-populated Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, NY.

Should I slightly lower my expectations for this game?
Hell no. Big Ten football is overrated, and is certainly not #MACtion.

It should be a good game. Buffalo is pretty damn good and has a great linebacker (Khalil Mack) who probably will be an early NFL first-round draft pick next spring. BGSU has a good offense, and if the Bulls can't contain them, it will be a shoot out. I predict the Bulls will win.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

5. Although there are some heated rivalries, you feel a bond between fellow MAC schools and their alumni
Except Western, because fuck Western.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

@AntonioBrown84: Put Lefevour In
Awww.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

rass wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:01 am Image

h/t
Guy in a CMU hat here at indoor soccer tonight. Not brian.