Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Johnnie »

My thoughts exactly:

I will not be the bigger person and "reach out" when it comes to this level of human depravity.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by sancarlos »

I wonder if Jewish supporters of Trump are aware of this one.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"But he's good for Israel."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Since the grift is up....

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

There's always a (dril) Tweet:

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Also:

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Even if he dodges jail I want him to live long enough for him to be essentially penniless before he dies. I can almost live with that.

Then I'm gonna make a trip back from Thailand specifically to piss on his grave.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:14 am There's always a (dril) Tweet:

I feel like I'm missing three layers of information to get this.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

brian wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 pm Even if he dodges jail I want him to live long enough for him to be essentially penniless before he dies. I can almost live with that.

Then I'm gonna make a trip back from Thailand specifically to piss on his grave.
He's probably insolvent already, and has been for years if not decades.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:15 pm
brian wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 pm Even if he dodges jail I want him to live long enough for him to be essentially penniless before he dies. I can almost live with that.

I read or heard something about how one of the banks he defaulted loans to years ago paid to keep him living a lavish lifestyle, as the only way they could get their money back was the Trump name remaining synonymous with wealth and opulence.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:19 pm

I read or heard something about how one of the banks he defaulted loans to years ago paid to keep him living a lavish lifestyle, as the only way they could get their money back was the Trump name remaining synonymous with wealth and opulence.
Pretty sure that was Deutchebank.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:08 pm

Yes, yes it was.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:28 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:08 pm

Yes, yes it was.
Justice Kennedy's son
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Never forget:

EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

What percentage of the dirty stuff Trump did will be exposed? How good will the cover-up be?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

EdRomero wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:38 am What percentage of the dirty stuff Trump did will be exposed? How good will the cover-up be?
There's gonna be so many people that end up getting cut out of the main grift that I have to think there will be some people that have to profit as much as they can quickly because their job prospects in the short term are likely dim.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Poll amongst Republicans for 2024 nomination:

Donald Trump - 53 percent
Mike Pence - 12 percent
Donald Trump Jr. - 8 percent
Cotton, Cruz, Hawley - 5 percent each
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Trump's retweeted the certifiably insane Randy Quaid a number of times this morning.

And this...

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

He won't stop until the grift has completely run its course. He's not seriously going to stay past 1/20... He just needs his followers to think he will, so he can keep hammering them for money.

Believe me... If you're not on his email list, you have no idea how much bullshit they are slinging on a daily basis. Totally divorced from reality, but that's the point.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

EdRomero wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:38 am What percentage of the dirty stuff Trump did will be exposed? How good will the cover-up be?
I think a lot of that depends on whether Congress can pass a law clarifying the power and enforceability of subpoenas issued by one house of Congress, or by a committee or subcommittee of one house.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

brian wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:48 am Poll amongst Republicans for 2024 nomination:

Mike Pence - 12 percent
Going all in with Trump really paid off for Cruz and Pence.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

EdRomero wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:50 am
brian wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:48 am Poll amongst Republicans for 2024 nomination:

Mike Pence - 12 percent
Going all in with Trump really paid off for Cruz and Pence.
I love the fact that the "serious" Republicans like Cruz and Cotton and Hawley are all less popular among Republicans than Trump Jr.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

rass wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:25 pm
And all it took was a pandemic. Who da thunk it?
Noli Timere Messorem
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Don't sugarcoat it...tell us how you really feel.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

People on the interwebs have figured that it's probably Rick Gates.

The redacted name didn't redact the apostrophe at the end of it and there is no "s" after said apostrophe, the individual's last name therefore ends in "s."

Also, it appears that the name isn't more than 5 characters long.

Soooooo.... We'll see.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I don’t know know about the apostrophe thing, but this also sounds like something Ghislane Maxwell or Rudy G. might do.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Maybe this will be the thing that finally brings Trump down.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:21 pm Maybe this will be the thing that finally brings Trump down.
Of course, they are going after the other party, not Trump.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

There have to be scams inside of scams inside of scams like Russian nesting dolls. It will take a decade or longer to sort it all out assuming anyone even tries to.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:13 pm The redacted name didn't redact the apostrophe at the end of it and there is no "s" after said apostrophe, the individual's last name therefore ends in "s."
That's not really accurate, although it's possible whoever wrote it up made that mistake. A name that ends in 's' still gets an apostrophe and an s at the end. Like, maybe this was Gates's bribery.

You only skip the trailing s if an s was already added to make it plural.

https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/apo ... 20than%20s.
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

It might not be grammatically correct, but if you have an apostrophe without an 's' after it you can safely bet its someone writing Gates' instead of Gates's and not Trump' instead of Trump's.

(And up until right now I thought that was interchangeable as a matter of preference, like the oxford comma.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:17 pm It might not be grammatically correct, but if you have an apostrophe without an 's' after it you can safely bet its someone writing Gates' instead of Gates's and not Trump' instead of Trump's.

(And up until right now I thought that was interchangeable as a matter of preference, like the oxford comma.)
It's one of those rules that is generally just accepted/ignored but it isn't correct in the classic sense. The exceptions, I believe are historical names such as Achilles' Heel or Jesus' disciples.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Shirley wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:01 pm
Johnnie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:13 pm The redacted name didn't redact the apostrophe at the end of it and there is no "s" after said apostrophe, the individual's last name therefore ends in "s."
That's not really accurate, although it's possible whoever wrote it up made that mistake. A name that ends in 's' still gets an apostrophe and an s at the end. Like, maybe this was Gates's bribery.

You only skip the trailing s if an s was already added to make it plural.

https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/apo ... 20than%20s.
Yeah, I tweeted that. Got over 300 likes.

Then I discovered I misspelled "grammar" in my Tweet. FFS.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:05 am And this...

What 4th rate book did Trump learn about these "power" poses and the squint look?
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Mnuchin is such a piece of shit.

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Rush2112 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:00 pm What 4th rate book did Trump learn about these "power" poses and the squint look?
"How to Stand to Distract People From Your Tiny Penis" by Peter Small
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”