Sheldon Adelson

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Sheldon Adelson

Post by brian »

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Re: Sheldon Adelson

Post by mister d »

The world got a little more attractive today. Rest in shit, Sheldon!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Craven filth.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I managed to live in Las Vegas without spending a dime in any of his businesses for more than a decade, which I'm not not proud of.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

brian wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:52 am I managed to live in Las Vegas without spending a dime in any of his businesses for more than a decade, which I'm not not proud of.
Damn. Last I time I went I stayed at the Palazzo at Venetian. I didn’t realize he was that much of a shitbag or else I would’ve stayed somewhere else.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:47 am The world got a little more attractive today. Rest in shit, Sheldon!
Hey now. His wife earned the Presidential Medal of Freedom!
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:58 am
brian wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:52 am I managed to live in Las Vegas without spending a dime in any of his businesses for more than a decade, which I'm not not proud of.
Damn. Last I time I went I stayed at the Palazzo at Venetian. I didn’t realize he was that much of a shitbag or else I would’ve stayed somewhere else.
In one sense, it's a public company with 50,000 employees and I had/have friends who work there so an actually effective boycott would hurt them as well, so there's more than one side to it. I did what I thought was best, but it's a little different than boycotting the Trump hotels, for example.

That said, it's not many people who can actually say they were instrumental in making two democratic countries less democratic, worse places to live while they were alive, so Adelson has that going for him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.