Proud Parental Unit Crowing Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Proud Parental Unit Crowing Thread

Post by mister d »

What's her favorite meal?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:49 am What's her favorite meal?
Parmesan-crusted baked chicken breast. And, warm cabbage salad.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:41 pm
mister d wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:49 am What's her favorite meal?
Parmesan-crusted baked chicken breast. And, warm cabbage salad.
Insert how it started/how's it going meme where the former is me licking my lips and the latter is me puking.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Oldest had the 26th quickest freshman girl 5K time in the state this fall. Best part was that she pretty much took it upon herself to keep herself in shape all spring and summer until XC practice started. I wish I had a fraction of her drive when I was her age.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

rass wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 pm Oldest had the 26th quickest freshman girl 5K time in the state this fall. Best part was that she pretty much took it upon herself to keep herself in shape all spring and summer until XC practice started. I wish I had a fraction of her drive when I was her age.
Nice!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 pm Oldest had the 26th quickest freshman girl 5K time in the state this fall. Best part was that she pretty much took it upon herself to keep herself in shape all spring and summer until XC practice started. I wish I had a fraction of her drive when I was her age.
She needs to have a talk with my lazy ass son.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

That’s great!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Girlfriend's daughter (who's done modelling in the past) got an offer to do a Jeep TV commercial. Its for an stunning amount of money.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Can you PM me this? I’ve always been like a rich guy buying bananas when it comes to commercials. No idea if these things PAY or if they get a couple hundred and “exposure”.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Fuck exposure. There’s a great oatmeal comic about that. Get them checks!

Eta:

You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

i'm grabbing that comic for the inevitable future need - i've had more than a few "hey! we'd love to use your music - there's no money now but the exposure you'll get is...." get bent.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Commercial for Jeep? If it's national, I bet it's enough money to live on for a year, assuming that 5 minute spot she was in that had the tiny house was a somewhat realistic look into her lifestyle. So, what I'm saying is $50k
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

MaxWebster wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:28 am i'm grabbing that comic for the inevitable future need - i've had more than a few "hey! we'd love to use your music - there's no money now but the exposure you'll get is...." get bent.
"We'd love for you to have the opportunity to develop this series idea. Let us know how you would shape the series, including mini-character sketches and a few episode ideas and you'll definitely be one of 10 final candidates for a paying position."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

govmentchedda wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 am Commercial for Jeep? If it's national, I bet it's enough money to live on for a year, assuming that 5 minute spot she was in that had the tiny house was a somewhat realistic look into her lifestyle. So, what I'm saying is $50k
I've always wondered about what some of the well known commercial actors make. People like Flo and Jamie from Progressive and Lily from ATT. These are all professional actors who were looking for work, then it turns out that they end up with these iconic commercial presences. Which means they likely aren't going to be cast in much else (Lily has had a few credits I suppose). But I figure national campaigns for some of the more ubiquitous firms pay pretty dang well.

Sabo, run down the road and ask around, please.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Don’t know how reliable this link is, but they estimate Flo makes about 2 million a year from Progressive.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/riche ... t-worth/
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

A_B wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 amSabo, run down the road and ask around, please.
Way ahead of you. Didn't find out anything, though.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

bfj wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:34 am Don’t know how reliable this link is, but they estimate Flo makes about 2 million a year from Progressive.

I have a strong dislike of flo and all other characters from progressive ad.

Lily bothers me less but really don't like some of those ads.

Probably a big difference in salary for person in jeep ad and character in company ongoing marketing campaign. I.e random dude in subway ad and Jared.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Uhhh, hate to be the one to break it to you but ...
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 am
govmentchedda wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 am Commercial for Jeep? If it's national, I bet it's enough money to live on for a year, assuming that 5 minute spot she was in that had the tiny house was a somewhat realistic look into her lifestyle. So, what I'm saying is $50k
I've always wondered about what some of the well known commercial actors make. People like Flo and Jamie from Progressive and Lily from ATT. These are all professional actors who were looking for work, then it turns out that they end up with these iconic commercial presences. Which means they likely aren't going to be cast in much else (Lily has had a few credits I suppose). But I figure national campaigns for some of the more ubiquitous firms pay pretty dang well.

My friend's brother was in a couple long running national ads. My understanding was (and this was 15-20 years ago) that the pay isn't much until the commercial stays on the air for a certain amount of time (6 weeks is sticking in my head, but I really don't remember). He had a commercial that played constantly for months, I remember a discussion about it here because it played constantly during the NCAA basketball tourney. Wish I could remember the ad or why we discussed it. I'm thinking maybe a VW ad and something about a gas station.

Just Googled, he is now a main character on a network TV drama! Happy to see he has a solid and steady career. When I met him, he was lamenting that as a Korean actor, he could only get rolls as "Korean guy," but it seems like he can also play Korean doctor, Korean lawyer, Korean detective... My son is obsessed with The Office, and we just saw the episode my friend's brother was in. He had maybe a 5 minute role, but such a cool thing to experience.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

A lot of times, when a character is featured in an entire marketing campaign (like Flo from Progressive), they sign a non-compete deal, which means the campaign is the only thing they can appear in for whatever amount of time, including going beyond when the campaign stops running. They generally get compensated through an annual personal services contract.

The "can you hear me now" guy who did Verizon ads for multiple years eventually had his non-compete end, which is why he now shows up in the occasional Sprint ad.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 am
bfj wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:34 am Don’t know how reliable this link is, but they estimate Flo makes about 2 million a year from Progressive.

I have a strong dislike of flo and all other characters from progressive ad.

Lily bothers me less but really don't like some of those ads.

Probably a big difference in salary for person in jeep ad and character in company ongoing marketing campaign. I.e random dude in subway ad and Jared.
Quit trying to scare bapo! away again.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Syb, is your brother's friend who you brought up because he was in a commercial on the episode of The Office where they film a commercial?
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Lily is:

a) an actress that has been on some fairly well known prime time shows (This Is Us maybe?)
b) can get it.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Lily is can get it.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

BSF21 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:20 am Lily is:

a) an actress that has been on some fairly well known prime time shows (This Is Us maybe?)
b) can get it.
Quick, name her character!

I admitted she had some credits, including a space show that wasn't terrible but I think only got like a 10 episode run.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:48 am Syb, is your brother's friend who you brought up because he was in a commercial on the episode of The Office where they film a commercial?
He was!!!
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

mister d wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:29 am Lily is can get it.
Hell yes she are is hot.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

BSF21 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 am
Hell yes she are is hot.
And JLo posted on FB he found her attractive as if that was some sort of controversial hot take.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:38 am
Hell yes she are is hot.
And JLo posted on FB he found her attractive as if that was some sort of controversial hot take.
Lily can absolutely get it, even if I'm not the biggest fan of her most recent haircut.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

govmentchedda wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 am
Hell yes she are is hot.
Lily can absolutely get it, even if I'm not the biggest fan of her most recent haircut.
Would not have expected her to be from mother Russia. She keeps showing up on those click bait ads at the bottom of my news articles
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I was just mocking his phrasing.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:07 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 am
Hell yes she are is hot.
Would not have expected her to be from mother Russia. She keeps showing up on those click bait ads at the bottom of my news articles
Pretty sure it's one of the stans, either Uzbek or Turkmen
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Male gaze much? You fucking perv.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:50 am

My friend's brother was in a couple long running national ads. My understanding was (and this was 15-20 years ago) that the pay isn't much until the commercial stays on the air for a certain amount of time (6 weeks is sticking in my head, but I really don't remember). He had a commercial that played constantly for months, I remember a discussion about it here because it played constantly during the NCAA basketball tourney. Wish I could remember the ad or why we discussed it. I'm thinking maybe a VW ad and something about a gas station.

Just Googled, he is now a main character on a network TV drama! Happy to see he has a solid and steady career. When I met him, he was lamenting that as a Korean actor, he could only get rolls as "Korean guy," but it seems like he can also play Korean doctor, Korean lawyer, Korean detective... My son is obsessed with The Office, and we just saw the episode my friend's brother was in. He had maybe a 5 minute role, but such a cool thing to experience.
Wait, did he play Asian Jim??

That guys having a great run.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:27 pm
The Sybian wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:50 am

Wait, did he play Asian Jim??

That guys having a great run.
Nope, he played a guy from an ad agency filming a commercial for Dunder Mifflin, I think it was season 3. Asian Jim was Randall Park, who is a legit star now.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Yeah, I was thinking you wouldn't have needed to Google Randall... he's blown up the last 5 years.

Trying to remember that episode... I've been re-watching and listening to The Office Ladies and that one is slipping my mind for some reason.

Ah, I'm only caught up to the early part of S4... Local Ad was S4, Ep9
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Wrong thread
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yes, Lily can get it. I wish she'd get it with me.

I'd drink a beer with Flo (platonically).
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:11 pm Yes, Lily can get it. I wish she'd get it with me.
She does have a name: Milana Vayntrub

She's been a guest on Doug Loves Movies a few times, and is pretty fun from what I remember.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So I am talking to my son and wife about the Costco/Target ban due to Monkey Labor over dinner. My son say, "What the issue? Don't they know about Jack?" I said, "What in the world are you talking about?" He then tells me this whole story..including the death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_(Chacma_baboon)