Random Politics

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Re: Random Politics

Post by Reaper »

psunate77 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:24 pm Imagine that...
Heh, he's the "plenty of perjury" guy
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Somehow, from "voter fraud" to "gays are everywhere!" it's always projection with these people.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Dems may pick up a seat in the house.. I Believe Hart only lost by 6, right? Amazing how this shit is till happening.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Here is another, NY22.
https://www.wktv.com/content/news/After ... 13651.html

Tenney won by a vote I believe, but they are still not certified and Tenney was seated. If they find out Brindisi won, can they unseat Tenney?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

3 months later?

How can this be?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

psunate77 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:01 pm Here is another, NY22.

Tenney won by a vote I believe, but they are still not certified and Tenney was seated. If they find out Brindisi won, can they unseat Tenney?
How insane is it that the district includes parts of 8 different counties? Maybe it's because there is a lot of empty rural space, and you factor in NYC and Long Island population density, but that district goes from Binghamton in the South to the border of Oswego North. East past Utica an Herkimer and West past Owego! That probably means nothing to 99% of you. I have a friend in NJ that grew up in Herkimer, and I considered that another part of the state, probably 2-2.5 hour drive on empty highways.

ETA: Compared to my current District, and maybe it isn't all that crazy after all. Current district covers parts of 6 counties. Current district has 730,000 people in 595 square miles, 22nd Dist NY has 688,000 people in 5,000 square miles! Damn. The most shocking (yet not surprising) is the median family income. NY 22nd is at $54,000 while NJ 7th is $115,000. Milburn is the one Essex County town in the District, and that probably raised the median income significantly. Only half joking there.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Nancy is savage
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:31 pm
psunate77 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:01 pm Here is another, NY22.

How insane is it that the district includes parts of 8 different counties? Maybe it's because there is a lot of empty rural space, and you factor in NYC and Long Island population density, but that district goes from Binghamton in the South to the border of Oswego North. East past Utica an Herkimer and West past Owego! That probably means nothing to 99% of you. I have a friend in NJ that grew up in Herkimer, and I considered that another part of the state, probably 2-2.5 hour drive on empty highways.

ETA: Compared to my current District, and maybe it isn't all that crazy after all. Current district covers parts of 6 counties. Current district has 730,000 people in 595 square miles, 22nd Dist NY has 688,000 people in 5,000 square miles! Damn. The most shocking (yet not surprising) is the median family income. NY 22nd is at $54,000 while NJ 7th is $115,000. Milburn is the one Essex County town in the District, and that probably raised the median income significantly. Only half joking there.
MT-01 comprises 56 counties over an area larger than all but three US states (AK, TX and CA)
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Someday I may understand these people giving up their lives and careers for a man who doesn’t give two shits about them.

Remember when Trump was calling Matt, Rick Gates.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Please let this happen.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Remember this kid? Guess he skipped town. Kills two people and gets bonded.

BTW, How quick will a right wing group pay his 200K bond when they do find him? I say 10 minutes.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That's oddly specific.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

mister d wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:27 pm
Are you being uber ultra negative super contrarian here? I don’t get it.

And why is the E not in the right font family?
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I thought it was a perfect phrasing of why Pelosi is infuriating.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

EnochRoot wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:31 pm Are you being uber ultra negative super contrarian here? I don’t get it.
The right things she does are proof of how bad she is. *shrug*
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Nvm. Deleted.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

How many votes do they need to kick Greene off the committees?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Seriously, the E needs to be scripted like all the other letters.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:14 pm Nvm. Deleted.
Did you accidentally respond to DSafe's post from last night in the wrong thread?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:28 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:14 pm Nvm. Deleted.
Did you accidentally respond to DSafe's post from last night in the wrong thread?
No, I responded to DSafe's post from last night in that thread.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

9 evil Democrats that are going to hurt themselves..

BTW, They are setting the Upper income at 50K.. Which is insane.. Dems don't learn a thing and this will haunt them going forward.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

230-199 was the votes for Yah to take MTG off the committees.

11 Rethugs votes yes.. Honestly knowing her district this means nothing and she will probably be the next Ga Senator.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

psunate77 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:46 pm 230-199 was the votes for Yah to take MTG off the committees.

11 Rethugs votes yes.. Honestly knowing her district this means nothing and she will probably be the next Ga Senator.
My fear is that this fuels the Right's latest fearmongering scam that the "Radical Liberals" are going to cancel everyone they disagree with. If they can cancel a Congresswoman, I can't put up Christmas lights on my house anymore!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:57 pm
psunate77 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:46 pm 230-199 was the votes for Yah to take MTG off the committees.

My fear is that this fuels the Right's latest fearmongering scam that the "Radical Liberals" are going to cancel everyone they disagree with. If they can cancel a Congresswoman, I can't put up Christmas lights on my house anymore!
Luckily, most will be ok due to the grandfather clause that if you never take them down it’s ok.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:57 pm

I think (hope) that the folks receptive to that kind of argument are already motivated to vote against Democrats anyway.

Plus, I have it on good authority that 2022 is a long way away. God willing, this will be a distant memory by then.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Dems are getting roasted on Reddit and SM about the covid relief bill. Everyone is upset not only about the possible 50K threshold.. Now they moved it back to mid-march when people need it right now. Not a good look.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The 'bad look' was saying things like "immediately" and "next week" when you should damn well know that legislation doesn't work like that. So now people are all shocked Pikachu face when they didn't need to be.

Biden has been president for 16.5 days. And this new session just began.

Plus, now, Republicans can flood this bill with a bunch of amendments to vote on, I think.

As for that $50k thing, I think there might be something incorrect that's list in translation. That seems far too low.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:30 pm The 'bad look' was saying things like "immediately" and "next week" when you should damn well know that legislation doesn't work like that. So now people are all shocked Pikachu face when they didn't need to be.

Biden has been president for 16.5 days. And this new session just began.

Plus, now, Republicans can flood this bill with a bunch of amendments to vote on, I think.

As for that $50k thing, I think there might be something incorrect that's list in translation. That seems far too low.
The wording was horrible, but people need help now.. Why they are now holding off until Mid-March is something nobody understand. As someone who just switched parties, my first reaction is they wanted to win for impeachment reasons, which they are putting first.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:30 pm As for that $50k thing, I think there might be something incorrect that's list in translation. That seems far too low.
The alternative proposal I saw had the phaseout start at $50K for single filers, $75K for single “head of household” (single with dependents), and $100K for married filing jointly.

I like the idea of separate categories for single and head of household, but yeah, those figures are at least one step too low.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Just tax it, dude. Reduce standard and itemized deductions by $2,000/$4,000 as soon as you hit $100,000 and make the government whole or whatever, but stop lending credence to a plan that cares about 2019 earnings.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:36 pm Just tax it, dude. Reduce standard and itemized deductions by $2,000/$4,000 as soon as you hit $100,000 and make the government whole or whatever, but stop lending credence to a plan that cares about 2019 earnings.
Oh yes, I said earlier I’d much prefer they give more people the money right now and then surcharge it on taxes for the actual pandemic years. (For the people who end up making more than the cutoff.)

Apparently that’s not politically feasible though. I don’t know if it’s all those promises “not to raise taxes on anyone under $250,000”, or the fact that it might be hard for people to come out of pocket up with an extra $8000 at tax time a year down the road.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Greene fits right in with the party of personal responsibility:
“I was allowed to believe things that weren’t true,”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:46 amApparently that’s not politically feasible though. I don’t know if it’s all those promises “not to raise taxes on anyone under $250,000”, or the fact that it might be hard for people to come out of pocket up with an extra $8000 at tax time a year down the road.
You don’t have to accept the bolded piece and “not having money for taxes” is far less of a problem than “not having for food”.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:10 am
Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:46 amApparently that’s not politically feasible though. I don’t know if it’s all those promises “not to raise taxes on anyone under $250,000”, or the fact that it might be hard for people to come out of pocket up with an extra $8000 at tax time a year down the road.
You don’t have to accept the bolded piece and “not having money for taxes” is far less of a problem than “not having for food”.
1. Of course we have to accept the bolded piece. If a majority of both houses of Congress won't vote for something, it won't happen. If I was dictator, I would do lots of things differently.

2. I agree that not having money for taxes is less of a problem than not having money for food. But that gets us back to the question from the other day - how many people does that describe? Is there a sizable number of individuals who made more than $100K in 2019 - or couples who made more than $200K in 2019 - who don't have money for food right now?

If your answer is "The number of people in that category isn't very important to me because I believe it's more important to make sure everyone is covered, even if it does result in spending billions of dollars on people who don't need that relief," fine. I disagree, but I do think that's a legitimate view.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

This is awesome..

Boebert had a town hall and she was getting roasted.. Questions about covid and someone asking her where she thinks she will be imprisoned at.
https://www.rawstory.com/lauren-boebert-townhall/
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »