To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Pruitt wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:41 am
Good for him.. This is pretty awesome. He has done this a lot actually. I know his bad side, but he does have a decent side to him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Glad I wasn't logged in and got to see that one.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

psunate77 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:17 am
Good for him.. This is pretty awesome. He has done this a lot actually. I know his bad side, but he does have a decent side to him.
Huh?

He just bilked his followers for a few hundred million dollars to fight a stolen election, and you think him handing out fifties during a photo op makes him a good person?

I mean..Seriously?
Noli Timere Messorem
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Over a forty-year period, John D. Rockefeller built Standard Oil into the largest and most profitable company in the world, thus becoming the world's richest man.
His business career was controversial. He was bitterly attacked by the media of his day, newspapers and the journalists who wrote for them. His company was convicted in Federal Court of monopolistic practices and broken up in the 1911 Standard Oil antitrust settlement. Indicative of its enormous size and influence, four of Standard Oil's successor companies; Exxon (which was known as Esso until 1973), Mobil, Amoco, and Chevron remain among the fifty largest companies in the world. ...One writer said, "I never had an animus against their size and wealth, never objected to their corporate form. I was willing that they should combine and grow as big and rich as they could, but only by legitimate means. But they had never played fair, and that ruined their greatness for me."...
...Oddly enough, Rockefeller was probably best known in his later life for the practice of giving a dime to children wherever he went. He even gave dimes as a playful gesture to men like tire mogul Harvey Firestone and President Herbert Hoover. During the Great Depression, Rockefeller switched to giving nickels instead of dimes.
So, maybe Trump thinks that if he gives a few yokels some money, people will remember him for this, instead of his crimes, corruption and sliminess.
link
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:08 pm
Over a forty-year period, John D. Rockefeller built Standard Oil into the largest and most profitable company in the world, thus becoming the world's richest man.
His business career was controversial. He was bitterly attacked by the media of his day, newspapers and the journalists who wrote for them. His company was convicted in Federal Court of monopolistic practices and broken up in the 1911 Standard Oil antitrust settlement. Indicative of its enormous size and influence, four of Standard Oil's successor companies; Exxon (which was known as Esso until 1973), Mobil, Amoco, and Chevron remain among the fifty largest companies in the world. ...One writer said, "I never had an animus against their size and wealth, never objected to their corporate form. I was willing that they should combine and grow as big and rich as they could, but only by legitimate means. But they had never played fair, and that ruined their greatness for me."...
...Oddly enough, Rockefeller was probably best known in his later life for the practice of giving a dime to children wherever he went. He even gave dimes as a playful gesture to men like tire mogul Harvey Firestone and President Herbert Hoover. During the Great Depression, Rockefeller switched to giving nickels instead of dimes.
So, maybe Trump thinks that if he gives a few yokels some money, people will remember him for this, instead of his corruption and sliminess.
link
I mean he donated his presidential salary, a whole $500,000 a year!!!

(I wish I could count how many times some deluded Trumper posted that on FB as evidence that DJT is actually a nice guy who just happens to lock up little kids in cages. You can counter them with the logic that he stole money from his own charity, but it doesn't matter. The fact that a "billionaire" gave up $500K a year was prove enough that he was a god amongst men.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:10 pm
sancarlos wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:08 pm
So, maybe Trump thinks that if he gives a few yokels some money, people will remember him for this, instead of his corruption and sliminess.
link
I mean he donated his presidential salary, a whole $500,000 a year!!!

(I wish I could count how many times some deluded Trumper posted that on FB as evidence that DJT is actually a nice guy who just happens to lock up little kids in cages. You can counter them with the logic that he stole money from his own charity, but it doesn't matter. The fact that a "billionaire" gave up $500K a year was prove enough that he was a god amongst men.)
Drives me nuts, too. They say it proves he loves America so much, and he is the only President who puts America first. Meanwhile, he used his campaigns, position, and post-election fundraising to funnel 100s of millions into his business and person wealth. He used the Presidency to lean on foreign governments to benefit his properties, give Ivanka 32(?) trademarks in China, have the Kushners sell Visas to Chinese citizens for $500,000 a pop... He ran as an opportunity to make money (I still believe he announced as a ploy to drive book sales for his re-release of The Art of the Deal), an he saw much greater grifting opportunities along the way.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

It's like arguing that Jeffrey Dahmer isn't that bad of a guy because he gave $200 to a culinary scholarship.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:13 am
psunate77 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:17 am
Huh?

He just bilked his followers for a few hundred million dollars to fight a stolen election, and you think him handing out fifties during a photo op makes him a good person?

I mean..Seriously?
I am not saying Trump is a good guy, I can't stand him as much as anyone.. But if you want to point to one ok thing he does, he has done this kind of stuff a bit. Even before he got into politics. Sure, in no way does it outweigh the bad, but it's there.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I posted that because it's so indicative of the scumbag's personality.

The woman who posted it is Black. No doubt that the move made him feel truly superior.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

psunate77 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:51 pm
I am not saying Trump is a good guy, I can't stand him as much as anyone.. But if you want to point to one ok thing he does, he has done this kind of stuff a bit. Even before he got into politics. Sure, in no way does it outweigh the bad, but it's there.
This is a guy who famously (in NY at least) put hundreds of small business owners out of business by refusing to pay them for no reason other than he knew they couldn't afford to sue him. A guy who set up a charitable foundation and stole the funds for his own personal use, to a degree that courts ordered that he and his children are barred from sitting on the board of non-profits. A self-proclaimed billionaire who famously doesn't donate any money. The same guy who raised over $200 million for his election legal funds and then refused to pay his attorneys and is clearly running a scam. His entire career is grift, scams and refusing to pay debts. But hey, he hands a $50 to someone in a lobby, and he is suddenly a philanthropist?

When has Trump ever done anything kind, other than if he thinks it will make him look good? The man is a sociopath without a capacity for empathy. He couldn't even give out aid to disaster victims without making it a big show about aggrandizing himself (see Puerto Rico tossing paper towels, or his Hurricane Harvey "Look at Me" tour).

Back in 2016 during the primaries, the topic came up of Trump not donating a penny to charities in decades. Some flunky provided a list of his charitable donations, and it turned out the donations were all made by a Dr. Donald Trump, completely unrelated.
-Pruitt
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

So Dems have a plan to use a section in the 14th to hold over Trump to never be able to run again if he isn't convicted in the senate.

Honestly, I really hate this idea. As I said, I fully expect the Repubs will gain control of the Senate and House in 2022, and if this happens what makes them not impeach Biden and not do some shit on future Dems running if this is done now?

I don't know if Trump will run again, but if he does dems should just do that they did this past election and get people to vote and beat him.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politi ... 77830.html
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

They opened the impeachment trial with this video:

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:38 pm They opened the impeachment trial with this video:

So yeah....he's guilty.

And (most) Republican Senators won't give a rats ass.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I really don't know how this gets mended. I don't think most people understand how intensely personal a lot of stuff is up on Capitol Hill. I mean... I worked through the Newt-Dick Armey years, and it was fucking VISCERAL hatred on both sides. (I've mentioned many times, seeing that up close was enough to get me moving away from working in politics long-term.)

But, really, these motherfuckers voting the way they did after THEIR LIVES were put in danger?

I just sincerely don't know how you get past that as a Dem. These fucking assholes, man. Just the worst humans imaginable. Grow a fucking spine.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

These people are really weird.

BTW, They now say March 4th Is the date Trump takes over.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:54 pm
Johnnie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:38 pm They opened the impeachment trial with this video:

So yeah....he's guilty.

And (most) Republican Senators won't give a rats ass.
A lot of the Repubs were said to be reading papers, and not even watching the video.

This is such a waste IMO. Ther aren’t getting a conviction. What happened to the COVID bill?? It’s now on the back burner while Biden continues to say we need to get people help now.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Swallwell is really good.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

A_B wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:35 pm Swallwell is really good.
He caught a lot of shit (deservedly) for throwing his hat in the ring for Prez, but apart from that, he's (as you say) very good.

Our very good family friends across the street had one of their kids work in his MA field office. Kid is whip smart and very cynical... and he really likes him.

(This kid is the DM for our "bubble" campaign.)
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

WTF Lisa, we thought you were in for a conviction..

With states making voting harder, GOP possibly taking over the house in 2022, and GOP state legislators trying to make them the final word on electors, Trump will win in 2024.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

psunate77 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:44 pm WTF Lisa, we thought you were in for a conviction..

With states making voting harder, GOP possibly taking over the house in 2022, and GOP state legislators trying to make them the final word on electors, Trump will win in 2024.
After being so blatantly wrong about 95% of what you say, at what point are you going to get out of the prediction game?
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Seriously.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Holy shit. This dude is a fucking hero.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Not wishing harm on Romney or others (except Hawley, Cruz etc.) but the case against Trump would have had a better chance of succeeding if one of these Senators was attacked.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That's something I sure wouldn't say outloud to many people but yes absolutely. Maybe not this trial, but fighting the entire nationalism cult.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I bet it would matter about as much as a house leader getting shot while playing baseball
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Feels like there might be one slight difference here?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:55 am That's something I sure wouldn't say outloud to many people but yes absolutely. Maybe not this trial, but fighting the entire nationalism cult.
Yeah when I saw the video last night of the cop redirecting Romney, I was thinking it'd have been better if the mob had gotten him. Romney would have been the perfect victim for something like that, since he's a Republican but seen as moderate by many and generally has a likable personality. "Trump mob kills former GOP presidential nominee" would have been a hell of a headline.

Of course, that would just mean one less vote for conviction.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:16 am
mister d wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:55 am That's something I sure wouldn't say outloud to many people but yes absolutely. Maybe not this trial, but fighting the entire nationalism cult.
Yeah when I saw the video last night of the cop redirecting Romney, I was thinking it'd have been better if the mob had gotten him. Romney would have been the perfect victim for something like that, since he's a Republican but seen as moderate by many and generally has a likable personality. "Trump mob kills former GOP presidential nominee" would have been a hell of a headline.

Of course, that would just mean one less vote for conviction.
I think Pence would have been the perfect victim. Or at least I would if I were capable of thinking about who a perfect victim would have been. Which I'm not, but if...
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

It's terrifying to think how it would've gone down if that mob caught anyone. Probably would've made Isis videos look tame.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Also, I'm fairly confident that some act of sheer brutality against a politician is a) inevitable and b) probably necessary to snap the country out of maga-hypnosis
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Pence being killed certainly would’ve been more dramatic. But no one likes Pence.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

No one likes Pence but “President gets VP killed” is like the biggest story ever.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

“Insurrection fueled by Antifa and BLM assassinates Vice President Pence. More to follow after the break.”
Noli Timere Messorem
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I was just watching just now where they were interspersing the House Manager's speech with video of the terrorists saying they were following Trump's orders.

Go ahead. Let those cowards acquit him. Get their votes on the record. And then every time someone mentions those Senators in the future, mention that they voted against punishing the person who told the terrorists to storm the Capitol and murdered Officer Brian Sicknick in the process.

"As Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), terrorism apologist, stated today..."

Every time I see those videos, that visceral rage in my gut wells up.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:37 pm I was just watching just now where they were interspersing the House Manager's speech with video of the terrorists saying they were following Trump's orders.

Go ahead. Let those cowards acquit him. Get their votes on the record. And then every time someone mentions those Senators in the future, mention that they voted against punishing the person who told the terrorists to storm the Capitol and murdered Officer Brian Sicknick in the process.

"As Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), terrorism apologist, stated today..."

Every time I see those videos, that visceral rage in my gut wells up.
With a big chunk of people watching Fox News, they'll never get this side of the story.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Fuck the Fox News watching imbeciles. You're never going to change their mind. Forget about trying to change their minds. Focus on the middle, the group that can be swayed. Stay on the attack. Take the fight to them; they'd do the same.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:01 pm Fuck the Fox News watching imbeciles. You're never going to change their mind. Forget about trying to change their minds. Focus on the middle, the group that can be swayed. Stay on the attack. Take the fight to them; they'd do the same.
It's funny, my cousin comments on NewsMax posts on Facebook, so they pop into my feed. Yesterday, NewsMax posted a poll saying 50% of Americans think Trump should be convicted. The responses were hilarious. Lots of comments along the line of, "You too NewsMax? You are as bad as Fox, I'm no longer watching your Liberal MSM trash." One article that doesn't mirror your preconceived view and you discard an entire "news" source. A lot more comments like, "who did they ask? They didn't ask me." And several "Liberals aren't American so their opinions don't count." Good times.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Not sure if you guys saw this yesterday, but Goodman helped save Pence too.