Happy Inauguration Day (and beyond- The Biden Presidency Thread part I)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Re: Happy Inauguration Day (and beyond- The Biden Presidency Thread part I)

Post by psunate77 »

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

It's an American tradition.

That's fine though. I'm glad we're allowed to boo our leaders, and it's a good reminder that we don't owe them loyalty or adulation - they are the ones who owe us.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Do you guys like Jen Psaki? She comes off very rude to reporters.

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

psunate77 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:05 pm Do you guys like Jen Psaki? She comes off very rude to reporters.

Yes, that asshole was cherry picking quotes to push his narrative. It's about time someone pushes back. If Johnnie was there he would have told him to go fuck himself too
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:24 pm
psunate77 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:05 pm Do you guys like Jen Psaki? She comes off very rude to reporters.

Yes, that asshole was cherry picking quotes to push his narrative. It's about time someone pushes back. If Johnnie was there he would have told him to go fuck himself too

Yeah, I thought she was very restrained in the face of an intentionally disingenuous line of questioning. She pointed out why his question completely skewed the intention of the author. He tried to prevent her from answering and she firmly continued, threw the additional quotes back at Doocy showing the full quote. What's the problem?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Yeah, I thought she was very restrained in the face of an intentionally disingenuous line of questioning. She pointed out why his question completely skewed the intention of the author. He tried to prevent her from answering and she firmly continued, threw the additional quotes back at Doocy showing the full quote. What's the problem?
Didn't the previous WH Press Sec pretty much do the same thing? Get a question, one up a book, read a quote and be rude.. Remember we hated that. I Get it Doocy is an a-hole, but IMO this isn't a good look after criticizing Barbie for the same.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

psunate77 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:50 pm
The Sybian wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Didn't the previous WH Press Sec pretty much do the same thing? Get a question, one up a book, read a quote and be rude.. Remember we hated that. I Get it Doocy is an a-hole, but IMO this isn't a good look after criticizing Barbie for the same.
No. Barbie did this to real questions responding with lies, unless you have an example of her responding to disingenuous questions with more context.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Guys, he knows.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Yeah the term disingenuous fits.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm fairly certain that if I were White House press secretary I'd start my first day by introducing myself and telling the press corps to go fuck itself just on principle and personality traits alone. You won't even need to ask me anything.

Also Psaki did fine. She's great at delivering a message and picking apart idiots in the moment. I have zero chill with idiots like that guy.

(One of my biggest triggers to getting me worked up is to interrupt me as I'm answering your question just after you asked it, btw. The level of Zen I need to get to go restrain myself from choking you isn't obvious, but inside I'm fuming.)
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Any chance we can return South Dakota or no?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnbfcL
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

psunate77 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:58 pm Any chance we can return South Dakota or no?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnbfcL
Let’s ethnically cleanse the Dakotas of white people and leave them to the Indians.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

This is typical, right?? New administration, new judges??

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

psunate77 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:24 pm This is typical, right?? New administration, new judges??

Not new judges. New US Attorneys. (Prosecutors.)

Yes it’s typical.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Utterly ridiculous that they’re resigning. Well hopefully it’s a short term deal and won’t hurt their cap space.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Rex wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:49 am Utterly ridiculous that they’re resigning. Well hopefully it’s a short term deal and won’t hurt their cap space.
Heh.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Looks like Jen Psaki is going to be a casualty... She is being called out for calling Graham, Lady G.. It's funny, but is hypocritical since the Left went buts with the sleepy Joe stuff. Biden may have to move her from Press Sec since a few Tran rights organizations are causing a stir.

Here is the tweet
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Yeah, fuck that. We'll make a deal. If LadyG comes out as gay or trans, then we'll fire Psaki. Ball's in his/their court.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Ladybugs, unite!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Isn't it nice to have an adult in Charge again? Wonder what Trump's answer would have been?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

psunate77 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:24 pm Looks like Jen Psaki is going to be a casualty... She is being called out for calling Graham, Lady G.. It's funny, but is hypocritical since the Left went buts with the sleepy Joe stuff. Biden may have to move her from Press Sec since a few Tran rights organizations are causing a stir.

Here is the tweet
Oops. That looks like mockery based on alleged transgenderism.

She should lead by example and resign.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:53 pm
psunate77 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:24 pm Looks like Jen Psaki is going to be a casualty... She is being called out for calling Graham, Lady G.. It's funny, but is hypocritical since the Left went buts with the sleepy Joe stuff. Biden may have to move her from Press Sec since a few Tran rights organizations are causing a stir.

Here is the tweet
Oops. That looks like mockery based on alleged transgenderism.

She should lead by example and resign.
Not necessarily transgenderism, but at least anti-drag. Definitely not good either way.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

brian wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:25 pm Yeah, fuck that. We'll make a deal. If LadyG comes out as gay or trans, then we'll fire Psaki. Ball's in his/their court.
I would agree, but Dems ran on a platform of being gay and trans friendly and unity.. Not a good look. I know she tweeted it in August, but still not a smart thing to say when your man's campaign was against this stuff.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Tired of bad faith attacks from transphobic and racist fucksticks. They can eat a bag of dicks.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Doesn't matter if its bad faith if she wrote it six fucking months ago.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I'm lost. How was the tweet transphobic?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its homophobic or transphobic, she'd have to tell you which.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:15 pm I'm lost. How was the tweet transphobic?
It's mocking Lindsey Graham for allegedly going around in drag or for personal sexual conduct that we all think is actually fine.

It's probably not trans-phobic I guess.

(I sometimes default to thinking of cross-dressing as being part of transgenderism, which I guess it really isn't. My bad.)
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

None of this is hard ... if Sarah Sanders had made a "Lady Cory" remark, we would have all screamed she should be out. That Republicans will cover for that sort of person/comment should have zero bearing on whether Democrats do.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Heh - I assumed LadyG meant LadyGaga - and I guess I have no idea why I assumed that.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:32 pm None of this is hard ... if Sarah Sanders had made a "Lady Cory" remark, we would have all screamed she should be out. That Republicans will cover for that sort of person/comment should have zero bearing on whether Democrats do.
Bingo.

Hell, while I like Psaki, she's easily replaceable. This isn't like a situation where the bad actor is an elected official in a swing state and where forcing the person out could change the balance of power and hurt people. There is no downside to having Psaki removed. And it will gain a lot of credibility.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I was wondering why I hadn't heard about that. Googled it and all I found was articles from right wing rags from 5-6 days ago. Good on our boy nate for bringing it to our attention.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:48 pm
mister d wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:32 pm None of this is hard ... if Sarah Sanders had made a "Lady Cory" remark, we would have all screamed she should be out. That Republicans will cover for that sort of person/comment should have zero bearing on whether Democrats do.
Bingo.

Hell, while I like Psaki, she's easily replaceable. This isn't like a situation where the bad actor is an elected official in a swing state and where forcing the person out could change the balance of power and hurt people. There is no downside to having Psaki removed. And it will gain a lot of credibility.
So I guess you are outraged by Biden's choice of Neera Tanden as OMB? Maybe it's different because she didn't (as far as I know) make any transphobic/homophobic insults and just insulted numerous Republicans on their merit, like saying "Vampires have more heart than Ted Cruz." Yeah, it's bad Psaki said it in retrospect, but I don't think she intended to make a homophobic statement, and she didn't do it from her government position. I think it's such a minor thing. I really can't stand the faction on the Left whose sole purpose is outing, doxxing and canceling anyone and everyone for the most minor out of context comments. If the Left cancels everyone for a single comment, there will be nobody left passing the virtue test. I'm all for equality and treating every group with respect, but PC can go too far.

If someone actually is a homophobe or white supremacist, by all means, cancel them, but this was just a bad attempt at a joke. Maybe I'm desensitized to the "Lady G" comment, because my parents refer to Graham with that name, and I know they aren't remotely homophobic.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That’s a solid comp if vampires were an oft-persecuted group in this country.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Is there any past statements or actions by Lindsay Graham that attacked LGBT people or policies? Because if he has, then fuck him. He’s fair game to be outed for his hypocrisy alone.
Last edited by L-Jam3 on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

“I don’t care who in my base this might hurt as long as it also might hurt Graham.”
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Let's entertain nuance for a second. She didn't cal him 'Lady' because trans/cross people are 'icky' and wanted everyone to know that he's 'icky' like a supposed trans/cross person would be (the derogatory use of the term). She called him 'Lady' because he champions an ideology that is traditionally homophobic and is drawing attention to the hypocrisy (for wearing a dress or chasing boys or whatever it is he did). Unprofessional? Yes. Homophobic? No.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:51 pmSo I guess you are outraged by Biden's choice of Neera Tanden as OMB? Maybe it's different because she didn't (as far as I know) make any transphobic/homophobic insults and just insulted numerous Republicans on their merit, like saying "Vampires have more heart than Ted Cruz."
Your second sentence explained why I'm not outraged by Biden's choice of Neera Tanden.

As far as I know, neither vampires nor Republicans have been subjected to murderous violence because of who they are.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Isn’t that the point of most vampire movies?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.