To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Post by Pruitt »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:51 pm A huge issue with the GOP until Trump is that they could dog whistle all their fear buttons, but the vast majority of well-off folks in the suburbs could ignore the racism, misogamy, etc etc because they were KIND OF subtle.

Trump and his kind are so completely off the rails, these folks can't pretend it's not what is staring everyone in the face.

So, yes, I've agreed with your statement in the past. But now, with Trump fucking up their game completely, a huge accelerant to the whole process.
Lindsey O. Graham March 7, 2016:
“This is not about who we nominate anymore as Republicans as much as it’s who we are. This is a fight for the heart and soul of the Republican Party,” Graham said. “What is conservatism? If it’s Donald Trump carrying the conservative banner I think not only do we lose the election, but we’ll be unable in the future to grow the conservative cause.”
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

A lot of folks on here, understandably, focus on the here-and-now. I get it, I really do.

But I've been intently following shit since the early 80s. This is not going well for the GOP.

Kind of like how the NCAA bagmen didn't care about the long term implications of their bullshit.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:39 pm A lot of folks on here, understandably, focus on the here-and-now. I get it, I really do.

But I've been intently following shit since the early 80s. This is not going well for the GOP.

Kind of like how the NCAA bagmen didn't care about the long term implications of their bullshit.
I guess my main skepticism about these “GOP in disarray” stories is that I fully expect them all to come together (or stay together) to oppose the Dems. They’ll keep voting in lockstep in Congress on votes that matter, and they’ll unite behind their candidates at election time. And while I think Dem voters will stay energized for midterms etc., elections will ultimately come down to the fickle middle.

I expect things will be better economically and pandemically by 2022, so I don’t expect the Dems to lose their power then. But 2024 is such a wild card, especially if Biden can’t or doesn’t run again.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

HERE is the webcam if you want to watch the Trump Plaza be imploded at 9 am EST today.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Is that Boardwalk Hall in the background?
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

That it is.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Well the foreground now.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Who has the tallest building in Atlantic City now?
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Hard Rock, right? (The old Taj.)
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

From a distance whatever Revel became looks the tallest, esp if you count the ball thing on top.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

People think DT is going to just fade away..LOL.. He is going to be a huge Pain for 4 years and IF he runs he will be a shoe in for the Repub Nomination.
I still don't get why Repubs who have Presidential hopes in 2024 like Cruz, Hawley didn't vote to convict. You would think they want Trump gone cause there is no way they will beat him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Call me when the primaries begin.

8 years ago, the Republican polling the highest was Marco Rubio.

I know Trump is different, but just enjoy the sight of the republican party tearing itself apart for at leas a few months.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Did they forget about Bobby Jindal?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Perfectly normal...

Promotions for Female Generals Were Delayed Over Fears of Trump’s Reaction
Last fall, the Pentagon’s most senior leaders agreed that two top generals should be promoted to elite, four-star commands.

For then-Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the tricky part was that both of the accomplished officers were women. In 2020 America under President Trump, the two Pentagon leaders feared that any candidates other than white men for jobs mostly held by white men might run into turmoil once their nominations got to the White House.
Its going to take years to uncover, and then repair, all the damage that Trump has done to this country.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:58 am
I know Trump is different, but just enjoy the sight of the republican party tearing itself apart for at leas a few months.
I'm torn. I would love for the entire Trump clan to just disappear or go to jail, but on the other hand, I'd love to see all the ass kissing Conservatives who sold their souls to bow to Trump have to decide between remaining in the GOP or joining the Patriot Party or whatever Trump drums up. Ultimately, he is far too stupid and lazy to actually found a viable party, but he is a master at letting others do the work under his brand. Get a Steve Bannon or some smart behind the scenes people to use Trump as the face of the Party, and maybe it's possible. It'd be fun to watch the GOP implode and face consequences for throwing their lot in with Trump and failing to stand up to him at any of the 1000s of clear points they should have, but my fear is giving voice and power to Trump keeps the crazies at the table for longer. The more time that passes, Trump will continue to lose power and influence. His staunchest followers need a Daddy to guide them, and they will latch on to something or someone else, and Trump's influence will vanish. The question is, will his followers cling to a vocal, politically active cause, or will they crawl back under their rocks and return to irrelevancy?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Maybe the Lincoln Project group could reunite to run Trump's campaign, but badly (while collecting obscene amounts of funding from center-left).
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

One of the lasting legacies of Trump is that it has emboldened prominent Republicans to attempt pivoting tragedy toward issues they "care" about. Except none of them have the "appeal" of Trump or his 40% vocal support. Texas politician attempts to frame the blackout/water issues as a States' rights issue is as appalling as it is stupid.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rams Fanny wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:31 pm One of the lasting legacies of Trump is that it has emboldened prominent Republicans to attempt pivoting tragedy toward issues they "care" about. Except none of them have the "appeal" of Trump or his 40% vocal support. Texas politician attempts to frame the blackout/water issues as a States' rights issue is as appalling as it is stupid.
Even worse, Abbott blaming AOC and the Green New Deal for the blackouts. Bitch, they haven't even made the plans let alone rolled out the GND.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Trump's speech at CPAC on Sunday: On a scale from 1-10...how badshit loony will it be? I'm going with 346567.87.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:11 pm Trump's speech at CPAC on Sunday: On a scale from 1-10...how badshit loony will it be? I'm going with 346567.87.
I'm envisioning a Nuremberg rally scenario with everyone in attendance sieg heiling.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I hope he incites the crowd to attack republican congress members.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:19 pm I hope he incites the crowd to attack republican congress members.
Oh would that be marvellous!
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Getting an Alfred E Newman vibe.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

If there was going to be a ricin attack anywhere this weekend...
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Mary Jo Buttafuoco looking good.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Dems better start working to go against all the voter suppression. Cause I see Trump winning if he runs in 2024.

The Dems had to work their asses off to beat him. Abrahams, Beto, and others worked tirelessly to get people to vote. Trump talked for 15mins at rallies and got 75m votes.

What scares me is in 2024 there will not be a Abrahams, Beto to get people out to vote and people will hit not give a crap by then with the suppression to vote.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 pm Mary Jo Buttafuoco looking good.
That is outstanding.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

100% of the time when Buttafuco comes up I think about

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

psunate77 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:31 amThe Dems had to work their asses off to beat him. Abrahams, Beto, and others worked tirelessly to get people to vote. Trump talked for 15mins at rallies and got 75m votes.
Not that it's going to stop the incessant bed-wetting, but I was under the impression that the GOP had massive GOTV efforts the last two elections, which is one reason why they were able to get out the vote so well.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

This doesn't seem tenable for party unity

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X. wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 am This doesn't seem tenable for party unity
Tenable for laughing at Republicans though thinking they could hitch their cart to a grifter.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'd argue Haberman shouldn't be releasing that statement. Just summarize without his words or links.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Now that he's not in office you really just have to laugh and marvel at the narcissism.

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Parler Users Furious That Site Sent Violent Posts to FBI Ahead of Capitol Riot

It would be incredible if Parler was started a trap this entire time. But it's just probably doing some CYA stuff.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

No surprise here, but so sleazy (so Trumpian...)

How Trump Steered Supporters Into Unwitting Donations
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:00 am No surprise here, but so sleazy (so Trumpian...)

How Trump Steered Supporters Into Unwitting Donations
Literally, they stole millions, tens of millions, hundreds of millions, straight from supporters. And the story passes by in an eye blink.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I really couldn't give a fuck less if these lowlife scumbags grifted their supporters using the same techniques as companies that will give you 3 months free of their service when you input credit card info on the front end and make it difficult to cancel later.

In fact, I'm glad their money was stolen. And if the voters who were scammed don't learn their lesson, I hope it keeps happening again and again.

At some point you lose sympathy for the ignorant because the alternative is "their guy won and the rest of us suffer."

Fuck them all.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:31 pm I really couldn't give a fuck less if these lowlife scumbags grifted their supporters using the same techniques as companies that will give you 3 months free of their service when you input credit card info on the front end and make it difficult to cancel later.

In fact, I'm glad their money was stolen. And if the voters who were scammed don't learn their lesson, I hope it keeps happening again and again.

At some point you lose sympathy for the ignorant because the alternative is "their guy won and the rest of us suffer."

Fuck them all.
I was sorta close.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”