The Eisenhower Tree

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Shirley
The Dude

The Eisenhower Tree

Post by Shirley »

This last ice storm finally did what President Eisenhower couldn't.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/augusta-ic ... /13400632/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Re: The Eisenhower Tree

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote:This last ice storm finally did what President Eisenhower couldn't.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/augusta-ic ... /13400632/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clearly Eisenhower is not happy with the gays getting married.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

They have a replacement though, right? Augusta has a whole nursery of replacement trees, including that one in particular, and shrubberies and whatnot, don't they?
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Scottie wrote:They have a replacement though, right? Augusta has a whole nursery of replacement trees, including that one in particular, and shrubberies and whatnot, don't they?
I have no doubt that there will be a replacement tree there this year. I wonder if they'll name it.
Totally Kafkaesque
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The name will need to be organic. Like if someone makes a miraculous recovery from under/around it.

My guess is that they will import a very large replacement. They've done it before. There was talk one year of a few trees having had to be removed, but when the players showed up the trees put in place were every bit as foreboding as the ones that had been taken out. They will definitely not put a sapling in there.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Shirley wrote:I have no doubt that there will be a replacement tree there this year. I wonder if they'll name it.
I may be misremembering this but I'd swear I saw on the Masters a couple or three years ago that they have some big ol' nursery as part of the Augusta National lands on which they had meticulously growing, among other things, a full-size replica of the Eisenpine.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus