Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Square Rob wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:42 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:35 pm
Square Rob wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:25 pm Got my second shot yesterday. Splitting headache all day today, a low grade fever, and achy as hell. I’d gladly go through it again. Now my whole immediate family is vaccinated and I am optimistic about this summer and actually getting to go do some things.
Awesome. Now don't blow it all by getting killed in a tornado outbreak.
There was a cell coming right at us, but it broke up right after it crossed the border. Second bad breakout in a week.
Clearly afraid of the Pentagonz.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This pandemic is really winding down when this thread turned into the "Not so funny real life Road Trips thread."

Fast casual dining establishments are places I actively avoid. Unless I have to follow a crowd there for a going away or there's a deal that everyone wants, then I capitulate. Otherwise, I'm finding a spot that isn't fast casual every time, road trip or not.
EnochRoot wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:23 amAre members of the military classified exclusively as federal employees or are they soldiers? Is there a difference in classification?

I suspect we will arrive at a point where vaccination requirements become compulsory, even at the federal level. Do we want food and manufacturing employees skipping out on a vaccine?
I think when it comes to non-America reasons I'm classified differently -- like on deployments and being stationed overseas. But for America reasons, I'm just a federal employee who has to abide by the UCMJ.

I wonder if we will fast track getting past the "emergency authorization" stuff. So many people have received these shots that we can all be part of the follow up in their study.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Second doses for both parents today. Not going to completely lower my guard, but can worry a bit less.

Starting Monday me (and Ryan!) can schedule appointments.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Finally was able to get an appointment...Pfizer...for Wednesday morning.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 am Second doses for both parents today. Not going to completely lower my guard, but can worry a bit less.

I hired my millenial yesterday. See you there!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

Amazingly yesterday my wife and I found appointments for this Tuesday in Rochester at Wegmans (is there anything they can't do....) - hour drive but I get to miss a stupid meeting for it. Win-win.

Weirdly I don't know which vaccine it is but it does say "Dose 1" so I figured scheduling now and asking questions later was best.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Ohio going to all 16+ on Monday and we were able to land Q an appt for Thursday. This is gonna be a huge relief - Pfizer - and the CVS auto-scheduled his second appointment - he will be good to go by April 22.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Ryan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:41 am
Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 am Second doses for both parents today. Not going to completely lower my guard, but can worry a bit less.

Saturday. Could have actually gone Wednesday but 4 weeks after that puts me in April Vacation week and we'll be in Stowe so I moved it out a few days. Give it up for privilege.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Ryan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:13 am
Ryan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:41 am

Saturday. Could have actually gone Wednesday but 4 weeks after that puts me in April Vacation week and we'll be in Stowe so I moved it out a few days. Give it up for privilege.
Got Thursday of next week.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

Pfizer dose #1 down the hatch (...in the arm...work with me here). Was immediately sore but only lasted about 10 minutes and didn't really get even into "this is annoying" stage. Back in 3 weeks.

Had it at Wegmans' corporate offices in Roch and i obviously have nothing to compare it to but I can't envision a more efficient, smooth, easy, and kind process. Everyone was on their A-game - I was really impressed.
elflaco2
Brandt

Post by elflaco2 »

i had it the first Pfizer shot early sunday
arm was sore well into the evening, was also very sleepy for a few hours afterwards.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Looks like "vaccine passports" is the new "death panels."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:34 pm Looks like "vaccine passports" is the new "death panels."
Anti-vaxxers are more powerful than most people realize and they want to have the right to kill as many people as possible, rights of the rest of society be damned. You can't tell these people that they can't <go on a cruise ship/go to a hockey game/fly on an international flight, etc)>
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

interesting - i'm a bit zonked out right now myself. I have to work until 9 so I'm heading for the caffeine...!
elflaco2 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:33 pm i had it the first Pfizer shot early sunday
arm was sore well into the evening, was also very sleepy for a few hours afterwards.
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

PA is still Phase 1A. Healthcare and 65+. No idea why they haven't expanded. We seem middle of the road for percentage of pop that is vaccinated. Maybe it's just an old/sick state. I've wait-listed all over the place, but haven't had a call yet.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Just got Pfizer poke #1. Walk up, (no appointment) FEMA site at the old greyhound track. Only symptom is that I'm emotional about it.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This seems pretty huge...

Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

testuser2 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:12 pm PA is still Phase 1A. Healthcare and 65+. No idea why they haven't expanded. We seem middle of the road for percentage of pop that is vaccinated. Maybe it's just an old/sick state. I've wait-listed all over the place, but haven't had a call yet.
I haven't tried the wait-list yet, though I may think about it soon because otherwise I won't be eligible until May (unless I can qualify under legal services in 1C), though that's still a couple weeks out it looks like. I tried to see if anyone had cancelled at the Walgreens I took my dad to the second time around, but the person who checked him in seemed clueless as she had to ask the Pharm.D. which dropdown option to choose on the computer about ten times. Shouldn't this be old hat by now. I'm not really scrambling to get it though as I don't really go anywhere except to the local BJ's once a month and have no upcoming plans to go anywhere either. The wife has been fully vaccinated as she works at a university and is considered an essential worker doing lab work.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Reaper wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:43 pm
testuser2 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:12 pm PA is still Phase 1A. Healthcare and 65+. No idea why they haven't expanded. We seem middle of the road for percentage of pop that is vaccinated. Maybe it's just an old/sick state. I've wait-listed all over the place, but haven't had a call yet.
I haven't tried the wait-list yet, though I may think about it soon because otherwise I won't be eligible until May (unless I can qualify under legal services in 1C), though that's still a couple weeks out it looks like. I tried to see if anyone had cancelled at the Walgreens I took my dad to the second time around, but the person who checked him in seemed clueless as she had to ask the Pharm.D. which dropdown option to choose on the computer about ten times. Shouldn't this be old hat by now. I'm not really scrambling to get it though as I don't really go anywhere except to the local BJ's once a month and have no upcoming plans to go anywhere either. The wife has been fully vaccinated as she works at a university and is considered an essential worker doing lab work.
It never ceases to amaze me how befuddled some people are by computers, even younger folks. And how little people retain about even the simplest of processes.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/31/pfi ... ents-data/

16+ here. Why shouldn't I get my 14 and 12 vaccinated with this info?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:30 am https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/31/pfi ... ents-data/

16+ here. Why shouldn't I get my 14 and 12 vaccinated with this info?
Because it hasn't been approved yet, they haven't set up protocols, they won't give it to them, etc. But, as soon as they give the OK, I'm ready to vaxx my kids. My wife is less inclined to have them get the shot just yet.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Will they deny them at the site? Highly doubtful I think.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

My Magic 8 ball says yes
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:37 am Will they deny them at the site? Highly doubtful I think.
If they can show a driver's license I think they'll be good. There is no way any site is authorizing vaccines to minors, their liability would through the roof. Maybe you get an hourly clerk at CVS who is lazy or clueless, but even then, you have to convince the nurse or pharmacist. I didn't look at your link yet, but if it's the Pfizer trial, they tested 2000 subjects. Incredibly small sample size. I'm cautiously optimistic, but also not rushing to get my kids vaxxed early. They don't have any health risks, so I'm much less worried about them getting COVID. Once more time has passed and more kids are tested, I'll get them dosed. My guess is they are pushing to get approval for kids by the end of summer before schools reopen.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The 20 year old has appointment for fist shot this afternoon. I know they are lower risk, but considering they are also stupid (not that I'm putting her in that category) I'm surprised college students weren't higher on the phase list due to inherent clustering and the aforementioned stupidity.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Certification only most likely. Probably 80% of 16-18 don't have ID. Those ages are already in line here.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Send some vaxxes to Colorado plz.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

A_B wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:47 am The 20 year old has appointment for fist shot this afternoon. I know they are lower risk, but considering they are also stupid (not that I'm putting her in that category) I'm surprised college students weren't higher on the phase list due to inherent clustering and the aforementioned stupidity.
Is she a seal?

ducks
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Dammit.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:52 am Send some vaxxes to Colorado plz.
Was able to get on a "no-waste" list at a king sooper's in Loveland. Got my first shot late last week. Might be worth giving them a call to see if you can get on that list, it appeared to be pretty short. Don't know how opening up the shots to everyone this week will affect that though.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

A_B wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:56 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:00 pm Hmm. I'd rather the Moderna or Pfizer as they seem to be slightly more effective.
Ended up being Pfizer, but I'm OK with that.

No symptoms so far!
AB, you set for Round 2 today? I'm up in an hour and a half.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The second shot has different effects on different people, so take precautions.

My "day after" symptoms were relatively minor. I was just a bit tired, but it was remedied by a nap. I think I had some chills too, but I'm always needing to be cool (I'm always "hot" and need an a/c on or need to crack a window in the winter) so I didn't notice. I also have a relatively high pain tolerance and ignore when I get sick too.

So YMMV. Congrats on shot #2.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:54 am The second shot has different effects on different people, so take precautions.

My "day after" symptoms were relatively minor. I was just a bit tired, but it was remedied by a nap. I think I had some chills too, but I'm always needing to be cool (I'm always "hot" and need an a/c on or need to crack a window in the winter) so I didn't notice. I also have a relatively high pain tolerance and ignore when I get sick too.

So YMMV. Congrats on shot #2.
My wife was pretty sick after shot #2 (Moderna), and I know others have been also, so I've cleared my calendar for the next two days.

I also arranged for the Cubs to play tomorrow afternoon. I'm all set.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:46 am
govmentchedda wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:00 pm Hmm. I'd rather the Moderna or Pfizer as they seem to be slightly more effective.

No symptoms so far!
No even though I’m Pfizer they set us up 4 weeks apart.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

A_B wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:08 am
Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:46 am

No symptoms so far!
No even though I’m Pfizer they set us up 4 weeks apart.
Bummer.

I wonder if the stats will show that people have a higher risk of dying from car accidents, etc. after being vaccinated. Because I'm already starting to feel invincible and I haven't even gotten the second shot yet.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I just found out a couple of days ago that a former coworker of mine died of covid on March 28, 2020. He never even made it to the hospital. He just died at home on his couch. He had to have been one of the early deaths. He had take a test, but hadn't gotten the positive results back yet.

I googled him and found this about his death. It's pretty harrowing. -
Totally Kafkaesque
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

phxgators wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:22 am
P.D.X. wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:52 am Send some vaxxes to Colorado plz.
Was able to get on a "no-waste" list at a king sooper's in Loveland. Got my first shot late last week. Might be worth giving them a call to see if you can get on that list, it appeared to be pretty short. Don't know how opening up the shots to everyone this week will affect that though.
Looks like general opens up Friday. Doesn't look like I can schedule until then but still that's sooner than I expected.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Just back from getting my Pfizer #1. Drive through set-up...super easy.

I was surprised that I got emotional as I was thanking the nurse. Its been a hell of a year.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I get my 2nd Moderna next Wednesday morning. I really hope I don't have any side effects, because right after the shot, we are driving up to spend two nights in the wine country. Staying at an isolated little VRBO. Plan on doing some hiking and a nice tasting at our favorite place (outdoors, socially distanced, get the entire flight at once).

I don't get too much sexy time these days, so it would suck to feel sick on our little getaway.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

jesus that was sad to watch/hear, i'm really sorry Shirley. Those two seem/seemed like such nice people (not that it matters but fuck).

i think it's really hitting me today that i actually got my first shot. arm is killing me which whocares really but every time i'm like "ouch" i think "oh right - fuck yes!"

dammit this video kinda shook me up a little.
Shirley wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:23 am I just found out a couple of days ago that a former coworker of mine died of covid on March 28, 2020. He never even made it to the hospital. He just died at home on his couch. He had to have been one of the early deaths. He had take a test, but hadn't gotten the positive results back yet.

I googled him and found this about his death. It's pretty harrowing. -