A Nasty Stiffarm

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Re: A Nasty Stiffarm

Post by Giff »

I've fainted twice in my life and they both sound like what Sybian goes through. The first time happened at the bar I used to frequent almost daily from 06-08. A couple days later it started to happen again and I let the bartender know. She did what Syb's nurse did and immediately got me a cold towel and it completely helped. The second time was when my FIL was explaining what they were going to do during his heart procedure the next day. I tried walking up the stairs and stumbled. Somehow made it all the way up before I went facedown on the floor in our bedroom. Broke our bedframe with my wrist. Hasn't happened since, but felt like something was coming on a couple weeks ago before it disappeared on its own.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 am This is super interesting to read. I've had sinus issues and very rare dizzy spells for most of my life. I know my doctor eventually prescribed advil cold and sinus so maybe it was the same diagnosis without using the term.

(Also, put me on Team Passed Out While Peeing. Twice total, although I've felt the opportunity more than that. One of those two times my mom yelled at me thinking its because I was drunk.)
It's not a sinus issue per se. I have a deviated septum, and I used to get sinus infections twice a year, until I started using Tylenol Sinus and a netipot. During allergy season, I get sinus headaches almost every day, so I went to the ENT doctor. My sinuses are so closed up, the scope scraped the sides and he had to push it through at one point. That feeling was the button. Shortly after that, a friend was telling me in too much detail about his sinus surgery and it set me off. I had enough warning time that I went to the bathroom and laid down on the floor for a few minutes until it passes. I definitely know when its going to happen now, it was just too fast today, and I assumed it was a vaccine side effect and didn't make the connection. Haven't had that feeling in maybe 5 years.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I had no problem with my first Moderna a month ago. But after getting my second yesterday, I’ve been in a fog since last night. Having a hard time determining how much of it is due to the shot, and how much is just a hangover from too much imbibing last night. I did have the chills at bedtime though.

Good luck, Sybian, AB, PDX, and Sabo!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I've never had this issue, but I had an operation to fix a severely deviated septum in my 20s. Prior to that, I'd get debilitating sinus infections at least twice a year.

Maybe I've been planning for this all along, because I sit when I pee about 80 percent of the time.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 pm I I sit when I pee about 80 percent of the time.
Bring this to the "Things that Make Me Old" thread.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:55 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 pm I I sit when I pee about 80 percent of the time.
Bring this to the "Things that Make Me Old" thread.
Or the "I realized there's no one else who's going to mop the bathroom floor" thread.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I definitely sit down at night. I'm in no mood to stand up that long at 2:45am and find sitting helps me fall back asleep better.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:26 pm I can fully feel when they're coming on so I usually just get down or bend over w/ my head between my knees. Both difficult while peeing tho.
"I walked into the bathroom and this sick freak was bent over at the urinal pissing all over his own face."
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Giff wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:27 pm I've fainted twice in my life and they both sound like what Sybian goes through. The first time happened at the bar I used to frequent almost daily from 06-08. A couple days later it started to happen again and I let the bartender know. She did what Syb's nurse did and immediately got me a cold towel and it completely helped. The second time was when my FIL was explaining what they were going to do during his heart procedure the next day. I tried walking up the stairs and stumbled. Somehow made it all the way up before I went facedown on the floor in our bedroom. Broke our bedframe with my wrist. Hasn't happened since, but felt like something was coming on a couple weeks ago before it disappeared on its own.
Damn. A couple of years ago I started coming close to fainting at the end of a couple of bike rides. My driveway in my summer place is near the top of a short steep hill, and on hot days I started getting woozy as soon as I got off the bike. I figure it was because I was abruptly stopping in the middle of strenuous exertion. It happened two or three times before I decided to just stop at the bottom and walk the rest of the way.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

GoodKarma wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:00 pm I got my 1st dose of Pfizer on Pfriday and, surprisingly after the nurse said I should not feel any side effects, I had a reaction that night and the next day of chills and body soreness. I had Covid back in December so I'm guessing I'll be in a world of hurt after dose 2 on the 23rd.
I think I've heard that the effects of the first shot are worse if you'd had Covid, and the second is worse if you haven't.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:52 pm
GoodKarma wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:00 pm I got my 1st dose of Pfizer on Pfriday and, surprisingly after the nurse said I should not feel any side effects, I had a reaction that night and the next day of chills and body soreness. I had Covid back in December so I'm guessing I'll be in a world of hurt after dose 2 on the 23rd.
I think I've heard that the effects of the first shot are worse if you'd had Covid, and the second is worse if you haven't.
That's definitely what I've heard, as well.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

First Pfizer today, my reputation must go before me as my wristband said "Very High Risk"
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I'm 30 hours in and a headache is a coming. May have to self medicate to be safe.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I feel like I’m a solid 90% rate where shots barely register but that one fucking hurt.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Mine has phased in and out from not hurting to feeling like I did curls with a dumbbell about 80 lbs above my max. My head has gone in and out of cloudy. Was really tired right after but couldn't nap, but they may have been due to the wife laughing at whatever show she was watching. No seem to have caught a second wind.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

what's the general consensus on medicating after the shot/s? When we got our Pfizer #1 last week the doctor said pretty explicitly to *not* take ibuprofen for ~48hrs. My daughter got her shot a few days ago and they told her she could take ibu ... ??

We were told it could lessen the efficacy of the shot - wondering if you all had any input when you got it?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I was told if you have side effects that OTC ibuprofen was the only thing I should take for it.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Wife's clinic has been suggesting people not proactively load up beforehand, and then take ibuprofen if/when needed afterward.

Also been suggesting to abstain from alcohol...
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

rass wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:12 am Wife's clinic has been suggesting people not proactively load up beforehand, and then take ibuprofen if/when needed afterward.

This would tie in with what I've anecdotally heard about making sure you are hydrated to ease any symptoms.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I ended up taking Tylenol at 5:30 because I was running a solid fever and my head was killing me. This isn't a fun day.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:30 am
rass wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:12 am Wife's clinic has been suggesting people not proactively load up beforehand, and then take ibuprofen if/when needed afterward.

This would tie in with what I've anecdotally heard about making sure you are hydrated to ease any symptoms.
Oh I drink a shit ton of water every day just in case a drinkin' breaks out!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Same!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I don't think I ever got a fever, definitely no chills or aches. Went to bed early, woke up feeling fine. I did notice when I got in the shower yesterday that I had a 6 inch section of shin with no skin. No idea how I didn't notice that. Later, my wife noticed the hard plastic side of the laundry basket was cracked, so I'm thinking those things are related.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Gotta say, I wasn't sure where you were going with that post halfway through...
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

DP
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:12 am Wife's clinic...Also been suggesting to abstain from alcohol...
I was over-served Wednesday, after getting my 2nd shot that morning. As I said in a previous post, I was foggy and tired Wednesday night and most of Thursday. But woke up today feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed again. Never felt sick.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I had no real issues from second shot. A bit tired day if but I also had a long day of school and work so that may have been an issue more than shot. Been fine since yesterday am.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I now know like a half dozen people who have had J&J in the past week and every single one is following the same path of 6-8 hours starting to feel it and then that window being pretty much 24 hours long. Serious headache, fever, chills, just a general worn out feeling similar to the flu, but then fine. I'm very much not a morning person and I was out walking the dog at 7:00 AM Saturday after spending almost all of Friday in bed miserable.
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

Got my first Pfizer shot on friday. Had a sore arm and slept 10 hours that night. Not sure if that was related or just a way for my body to avoid the yard work on saturday.

It was really amazing to just walk in, show a drivers license and get medical care.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Been filling that out every day. Wondering how long they will keep asking me.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:56 am
Been filling that out every day. Wondering how long they will keep asking me.
They asked daily for a week, then weekly after that.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Got my 2nd Pfizer on Saturday and had no symptoms other than a sore shoulder. Went for a bike ride that evening and a jog the next morning. All good. Guess I'm just not a pussy.
Totally Kafkaesque
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Got my first appointment for Saturday, April 24 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

As I put in the Capn Anxiety thread, I'm scheduled for J&J tomorrow, but I guess we shall see if I'm still allowed to get it. I will if they let me.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:04 pm Got my 2nd Pfizer on Saturday and had no symptoms other than a sore shoulder. Went for a bike ride that evening and a jog the next morning. All good. Guess I'm just not a pussy.
Or your weak ass immune system couldn't muster up a measly fever or headache.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Reaper wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:50 am As I put in the Capn Anxiety thread, I'm scheduled for J&J tomorrow, but I guess we shall see if I'm still allowed to get it. I will if they let me.
Already heard of one person slotted for tomorrow who has been cancelled.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

6 cases seems very low to make such a huge decision like that.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:38 am 6 cases seems very low to make such a huge decision like that.
Was thinking the same thing myself, but it does make some sense if the vaxx is still under emergency authorization.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I wonder if they'd be pausing if J&J were the only vaccine available right now.