A Nasty Stiffarm

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Re: A Nasty Stiffarm

Post by DaveInSeattle »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:47 pm What in the actual fuck?
No kidding.

My god...we've been through 14 months of this shit. Over 600,000 deaths. And she's equating refusing to get a life saving vaccine to the Holocaust?

I don't usually wish bad things to happen to people (except for you, Cameron Mills) but if Karma is real, she should get a bad case of Covid and spent a few weeks on a ventilator.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

There was a comment under the Trujillo tweet along the lines of “guess he’s going to follow the six feet rule now”.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

the last two posts from that store's account in chronological order

"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Sybian wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:00 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:47 pm What in the actual fuck?
I have a very high tolerance for not getting personally offended, but this infuriates me. Her smug grin on top of equating her "oppression" of being a moron to the Holocaust is just more than I can handle.
Wouldn't it be funny if people through bricks through her store's windows, then burned the place to the ground and when she came to express her outrage at the destruction of her livelihood, they then dragged her through the streets by her hair?

Then she could sell those stars.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

And now that Stetson has said 'No thanks...we don't want anything to do with this nutjob', watch for her to a regular on the Fox News "Aggrieved White People Victimhood Hour" hosted by Hannity/Tucker/whoever...
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Took my first flight in 14 months on Friday, to go visit the GF's daughter in Bend, OR.

Observations:

- The Sea-Tac airport was BUSY! And because so many seats are still blocked off for social distancing, there wasn't enough seating and folks weren't all standing around in the concourses.
- Everyone (99.9% at least) were wearing masks, but its amazing how many people are still doing the 'below the nose' mask wearing. C'mon...we've had over a year to figure this out.
- Here in Bend, its like it never happened. We were at a farmer's market yesterday, and NO ONE was wearing masks (except for us).

As a side note...Bend has become the bachelor/bachelorette party hotspot on the west coast. We were at the 10 Barrel brew pub last night, and there were at least 3 bachelorette and 2 bachelor parties there. So much 'Woooooooooo'-ing happening.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:51 am
- Here in Bend, its like it never happened. We were at a farmer's market yesterday, and NO ONE was wearing masks (except for us).
Is that weird? Other than select circumstances, masks are pretty much optional in CO at this point as well. Actually went to crowded bars last night without one.

(And I've been to bachelor parties in Bend. Wooooo!)
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:44 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:51 am
Is that weird? Other than select circumstances, masks are pretty much optional in CO at this point as well. Actually went to crowded bars last night without one.

(And I've been to bachelor parties in Bend. Wooooo!)
Outdoor places are mostly mask free, but some people wear them. Went to a mall last weekend, after the Governor lifted mask requirements indoors, and I was shocked that around 90% of people were still wearing masks. A few stores had signs requiring masks, but most were older signs, not even sure if it was intentional policy, or failure to peel signs off. Grocery store yesterday, one cashier without a mask and one very loud customer without a mask praising her saying it was a stupid rule and nobody should have worn masks ever. Other than those 2, everyone was wearing masks.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

P.D.X. wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:44 pm (And I've been to bachelor parties in Bend. Wooooo!)
We bought a shot for the bride-to-be that was sitting at the table next to us.

We later saw her puking her guts out in the parking lot.

Woooo!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Seattle's #1!

Seattle is first major city to fully vaccinate 70% of eligible residents, Durkan says
Seattle has become the first major American city to reach its goal of fully vaccinating 70% of residents 12 and older, helping push Washington toward its overall vaccination and reopening targets.

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan touted the milestone in a news release Wednesday, saying the city has surpassed San Francisco to take the lead in COVID-19 vaccine jabs.

“Seattle is America’s most vaccinated major city, and it would not have been possible without our residents’ commitment to protecting themselves, their loved ones and our entire community,” Durkan said in the statement.

Durkan said 78% of Seattleites 12 and up have started the vaccination process. The city itself has administered nearly 250,000 vaccinations for about 131,000 individuals, the mayor’s office said.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The older, and generally needle adverse (I've had to hold her down for vaccinations in the past) kid got her first dose yesterday. Not too bad a freakout and the Walgreens pharmacist handled it well. The youngest got dose two a week ago. I'm going to miss the "gee, maybe you shouldn't do that because you haven't been vaccinated" parental out but this is good.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

We've all been in the gym maskless. Ate indoors. Hang at breweries. Mostly just takes a bit to get over the routine. I figure its probably better to get my body exposed a few times. I do put it on in Walmart. Seemed like the right thing even before covid. Also appreciate the cart cleaning wipes. Hope that remains. Covid ain't the only way to get sick. Some sort of not covid illness went through the eighth grade right before graduation. Somewhat shocked no one cared but once teachers got the ok for vaccines all the bitching about school safety ended. Shocking I tell you. Just knew they were concerned about the kids.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:44 am We've all been in the gym maskless. Ate indoors. Hang at breweries. Mostly just takes a bit to get over the routine. I figure its probably better to get my body exposed a few times. I do put it on in Walmart. Seemed like the right thing even before covid. Also appreciate the cart cleaning wipes. Hope that remains. Covid ain't the only way to get sick. Some sort of not covid illness went through the eighth grade right before graduation. Somewhat shocked no one cared but once teachers got the ok for vaccines all the bitching about school safety ended. Shocking I tell you. Just knew they were concerned about the kids.
Yeah, even though our mandates for masks is pretty much gone (only hospitals and other medical related places require masks - they should keep doing that forever, IMO) I try to follow the employee lead. If employees are wearing masks I will do the same. If not, ok then, let's fucking mouth kiss while we're at it.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Just yesterday, California removed the mask mandate for indoor activities. We ate dinner at a restaurant yesterday and they are still being very safe. 80% of the seats were outside, as was the hostess (as were we). All employees wore masks and 80% of the patrons wore them until they sat down.

It will be interesting to see if the grocery stores go maskless, now that it is the store's option. All our local ones have been strict about enforcing the mask requirement.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

It's over here, as you might imagine.

I'm taking AB's approach. If employees are wearing them, I'll do my part. Stayed in 2 Marriott hotels last week and both "required" masks outside rooms. Probably 50% adherence to that rule, but lo and behold, a guy behind the desk making 10/hr isn't saying shit to anyone.

I know I'm in a little bubble here, but in our local communities, if you haven't gotten vaccinated yet, you either have an underlying condition that won't allow you to, or you don't want one. I feel for the first community but they are small and should be taking their own health precautions anyhow, and the second group can fuck off get sick and die for all I care. I did my duty, I was a good soldier, I'm going back into the world.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Noticed a huge shift when I went to the grocery store this week. I'd say we were down to 50% masks, both employees and shoppers. Saw a guy I know and felt stupid (for the first time) for wearing a mask as he wasn't and he couldn't make out what I was saying. Went inside to eat at a restaurant/bar for the first time, and was surprisingly unfazed by not seeing a single person with a mask. Actually, they had half the parking lot set up with tables and servers wore masks outside, but not inside. I was shocked at how quickly it felt normal to me.

Oldest got his second dose last Friday. He was kind of out of it the next day, had a fever for a few hours, but rallied and went to a birthday party. Youngest gets second shot this afternoon, just in time to be sick for the first day of summer vacation.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Did my grocery shopping without a mask the other day for the first time in 15 months. Felt weird. But nice.
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Whole Foods was still like 80% masked and I very clearly noticed the people who weren't. I feel like I'm going to be on the later side of feeling comfortable.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:18 am Just yesterday, California removed the mask mandate for indoor activities. We ate dinner at a restaurant yesterday and they are still being very safe. 80% of the seats were outside, as was the hostess (as were we). All employees wore masks and 80% of the patrons wore them until they sat down.

It will be interesting to see if the grocery stores go maskless, now that it is the store's option. All our local ones have been strict about enforcing the mask requirement.
Update: Just got back from Trader Joe's and was a bit surprised that 100% of the people I saw were wearing masks. Nice.
#California
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am Did my grocery shopping without a mask the other day for the first time in 15 months. Felt weird. But nice.
Was just about to post this almost verbatim. I had on a gaiter, so if I felt weird I could (in theory) pull it up quickly, but I'd say about 30 percent of shoppers and well over half the employees weren't wearing masks so... At one point, a woman bumped into my cart and looked up to apologize. Saw me without a mask and said "Oh, wow... Totally forgot that's allowed" and took off her mask. My intuition is that she saw someone else and realized she wasn't going to be alone with her mask off and followed suit. I think there are a ton of people around here that are just waiting for the tide to turn... For MANY ppl in this area, wearing a mask has been performative for months now.

It was weird down in the USVI, where they are remaining REALLY strict about things. Like, asking you to wear a mask in open air shopping centers, putting on a mask to cross the a bar to get to the beach, etc etc. Employees all have masks, no exceptions.

Living where I live, it was just a continuation of how we've been operating (for the most part) for 15 months. But, I have to say, at this point I'm with BSF... I did my duty back in March/April as did my family and almost all of my co-workers (in my dept, at least). We're at well over 70 percent vaccinated in this county. I'm over it.

That said, not sure I'll fly without a mask on again. At a minimum, wearing a gaiter or similar face covering.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

We all have our second shots in the Duff family. We all still wear masks when going into public places. Went to a Cirque show and the girls and their friends all wore masks, but we were definitely in the minority. At the local grocery store, the missus and I are also in the minority when shopping with masks on. Some of the cashiers and baggers had pins on stating they were vaccinated. Those working that did not have the pin all had masks on.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:00 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am Did my grocery shopping without a mask the other day for the first time in 15 months. Felt weird. But nice.

That said, not sure I'll fly without a mask on again. At a minimum, wearing a gaiter or similar face covering.
Absolutely on board with this. Airports and planes are disgusting.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Yeah, my family actually took a trip to Cancun last week. First real travel since COVID. We are all fully vacced, but wore masks for all travel. The resort required masks when inside the main building, but not outside. One day, we did an excursion to ruins in Tulum and Coba and wore masks the whole time, inside and out. No fun in the heat.
Totally Kafkaesque
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

And to be clear/state the obvious: FAA requires masks in all airports and on planes. All these Trump idiots fighting with airline employees suck fetid gopher anus.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

We're at the level of "recommended for all, but vaxed can go unmasked." Saw a MAGA fuck (red hat!) at Costco today. Glad I was 6+ feet away and masked. Idiot.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Michigan still has a mask mandate and I’ve forgotten mine about five times already and looked like an asshole flaunting the rules (though most people are and it’s effectively not enforced any more.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Double pfizer baby!

My house is now fully vaccinated. The feeling of relief and joy was more than I expected.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Pruitt wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:45 pm Double pfizer baby!

My house is now fully vaccinated. The feeling of relief and joy was more than I expected.
Awesome news. Can't wait for them to lower the age and my littlest can get it. We'll be like the Parrs.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Just got boosted this morning. No effects today, even went for a quick 5K run in the afternoon. Kids due for 2nd shot next Friday and feeling good going into the holidays. My family has been one of the most conservative we know (still no indoor dining and even turned down some nice Flyers tickets twice) and hoping to branch out come the new year. We even let the kids sign up for some indoor activities, only letting them do outdoor for the last 18 months.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Ryan wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:11 pm I haven’t really moved in about 16 hours. Don’t think I’ll go back for the third shot.
This aged poorly
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Gettin' boosted this afternoon.
Totally Kafkaesque
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Got Moderna booster a couple hours ago. I had Pfizer for the initial two back in April; pharmacy gave me the choice of either one...decided to experiment on myself and see if I have any reaction. Only reaction I had to Pfizer was a slight case of the chills for a couple hours later in the evening.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

GoodKarma wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:36 pm Got Moderna booster a couple hours ago. I had Pfizer for the initial two back in April; pharmacy gave me the choice of either one...decided to experiment on myself and see if I have any reaction. Only reaction I had to Pfizer was a slight case of the chills for a couple hours later in the evening.
#teampfizertomoderna

Wish I'd been smarter and just gotten on an Advil or Tylenol regimen at about hour 12 through hour 48. Fine now though.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Two kids, two second shots this morning.

Just glad that process is over, as the older one takes it worse than the younger one. She's scared of needles and it makes it worse, but at least my dad wasn't here this time, trying to convince her it's not a big deal. All his talk made the first one much worse because she got all in her head.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

govmentchedda wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:04 pm
GoodKarma wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:36 pm Got Moderna booster a couple hours ago. I had Pfizer for the initial two back in April; pharmacy gave me the choice of either one...decided to experiment on myself and see if I have any reaction. Only reaction I had to Pfizer was a slight case of the chills for a couple hours later in the evening.
#teampfizertomoderna

Wish I'd been smarter and just gotten on an Advil or Tylenol regimen at about hour 12 through hour 48. Fine now though.
Ended up feeling bad for about 24 hour beginning 12 hours after the shot. Started with chills and low grade fever then just general tiredness. Looking back I should have done the same thing.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Boosted as of today. Got the flu shot, which hurts a lot more. No other side-effects yet. Will see how it goes.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Booster for the 11-year-old tomorrow. We were debating holding off until closer to our August trip, but figured trying to navigate the last few weeks of school was way more important than whatever waning immunity happens between now and then.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The Moderna vaccine was just approved for kids aged 6 mo to 6 years.

Oh, and Florida said fuck that nonsense.

Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

And they will blame Biden.
-Pruitt