Hey guys, 42-year-old women can be hot

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

Re: Hey guys, 42-year-old women can be hot

Post by sancarlos »

degenerasian wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:45 am
sancarlos wrote: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:36 am Yep, my daughter is 13 1/2 and I'm starting to consider the positive arguments for gun ownership. I'm really beginning to dislike teenage boys.

I was at my wife's family reunion in Missouri over the weekend, and talking to her hot 21 year-old niece, I felt borderline like a pervy old coot; could barely look the girl in the eye. (Sorry about the rules - no pix.)
Now I'm curious about the status of said daughter and niece. And was the gun ever purchased?
Man, how times change. That post was 7 years ago. Never bought a gun (or even seriously considered it.) My 20 1/2 year-old daughter now has a serious boyfriend (two years+), and I'm open-minded enough that he is staying in her bedroom when he visits for a couple days, starting Sunday. She's been on birth control since she graduated high school, thankyewverymuch. I will note that getting to the point where you accept that your little girl is a mature sexual being is a really, really hard job for a father. It helps a lot that she is a great kid.

That niece is now married with children. Haven't seen her since that post.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

rass wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:08 am Playing out the string on a workday where we'll be closing early and catching up on one of my favorite regular columns
I want to echo Rass in that The Number Ones column on Stereogum is a fantastic read every Mon, Wed, Fri. Always well researched, and the writer (Tom Breihan) is great. He also writes a fun column for the AV Club on the number one movie of each year...most recently about
American Sniper (
American Sniper fought a culture war on the box office battlefield
).
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

This thread reads like an episode of the Kominsky Method.
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:00 pm
degenerasian wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:45 am
sancarlos wrote: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:36 am Yep, my daughter is 13 1/2 and I'm starting to consider the positive arguments for gun ownership. I'm really beginning to dislike teenage boys.

I was at my wife's family reunion in Missouri over the weekend, and talking to her hot 21 year-old niece, I felt borderline like a pervy old coot; could barely look the girl in the eye. (Sorry about the rules - no pix.)
Now I'm curious about the status of said daughter and niece. And was the gun ever purchased?
Man, how times change. That post was 7 years ago. Never bought a gun (or even seriously considered it.) My 20 1/2 year-old daughter now has a serious boyfriend (two years+), and I'm open-minded enough that he is staying in her bedroom when he visits for a couple days, starting Sunday. She's been on birth control since she graduated high school, thankyewverymuch. I will note that getting to the point where you accept that your little girl is a mature sexual being is a really, really hard job for a father. It helps a lot that she is a great kid.

That niece is now married with children. Haven't seen her since that post.
degenerasian wrote:Now I'm curious about the niece's daughter, can we see pictures?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I got halfway through an updated list of famous women who are 42 before realizing that's also my age so I don't want to play any more.

Fine, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Morena Baccarin
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:28 pm
rass wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:08 am Playing out the string on a workday where we'll be closing early and catching up on one of my favorite regular columns
I want to echo Rass in that The Number Ones column on Stereogum is a fantastic read every Mon, Wed, Fri. Always well researched, and the writer (Tom Breihan) is great. He also writes a fun column for the AV Club on the number one movie of each year...most recently about
American Sniper (
American Sniper fought a culture war on the box office battlefield
).
Very echo-y because I’m pretty sure I started reading that series off your recommendation (thanks).
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Ryan wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:56 pm I got halfway through an updated list of famous women who are 42 before realizing that's also my age so I don't want to play any more.

Fine, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Morena Baccarin
Would never had thought Morena Baccarin was that old.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Autumn Reeser (40) is in the Hallmark Movie Channel movie on right now and I’m not in the least complaining but what do I need to do to get Rachel Bilson (39) on the HMC wheel of actresses?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Does that stand for Hold My ... ?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jennifer Aniston is 52 and Angela Bassett is still pretty damn hot at 62, so there's not really anything impressive about 42 these days.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

rass wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:45 pm Autumn Reeser (40) is in the Hallmark Movie Channel movie on right now and I’m not in the least complaining but what do I need to do to get Rachel Bilson (39) on the HMC wheel of actresses?
Taylor Townsend!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:50 pm Does that stand for Hold My ... ?
It was always "In. Hand.", so a slight change.

I hate that I know the actual answer.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

EnochRoot wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:46 pm This thread reads like an episode of the Kominsky Method.
This needed at least some love, or the Swamp has a show it needs to catch up on.
Noli Timere Messorem
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

EnochRoot wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:46 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:46 pm This thread reads like an episode of the Kominsky Method.
This needed at least some love, or the Swamp has a show it needs to catch up on.
Never seen it. It’s good?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

sancarlos wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:33 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:46 pm
Never seen it. It’s good?
First season was very good. Second season not so good, but it's absolutely worth a watch. I'd rate it a solid 4 out of 5.
Noli Timere Messorem