EPL March 2013 thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

EPL March 2013 thread

Post by govmentchedda »

I think I love Everton. Good on ya, lads.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Burglar
Jackie Treehorn

Re: EPL March 2013 thread

Post by The Burglar »

This is going to be a weird last three or four games of the league at this rate.

And by that, I mean that we'll be watching multiple games with the league already decided. That's a first in my EPL watching lifetime.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

Final week of the season: Wigan v Villa. Might be the most lucrative game of the season.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

MaxWebster wrote:Final week of the season: Wigan v Villa. Might be the most lucrative game of the season.
this sure ain't last season.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
testy boxcar
Maude Lebowski

Post by testy boxcar »

Chelsea-Man City at Busch Stadium 5/23/13!
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Not really EPL related, but it's about soccer.

Robbie Rogers gives his first interview after coming out. It's well worth the read.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Why are we stuck watching City tap out a 1-0 win when there is so much more interesting stuff to cover today?
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

Rex wrote:Why are we stuck watching City tap out a 1-0 win when there is so much more interesting stuff to cover today?
come on, now.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

At least the entertaining version of City showed up. Who is this team they are playing?
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

Rex wrote:At least the entertaining version of City showed up. Who is this team they are playing?
you got me. blech.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Strange having a Monday morning FA Cup replay.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

even though he's on chelski, you have to give ba some accolades on that goal. what a thing of beauty.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

cerrano wrote:even though he's on chelski, you have to give ba some accolades on that goal. what a thing of beauty.
I agree. But that was a pretty amazing pass by Juan Mata, too.

THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

It's a little weird that United's season is basically over now. I know there's still the matter of clinching the league but they can do that with their reserves at this point. Bud Selig would never stand for this.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

For the record, that goal was it the FA CUP. this is the EPL thread, which Man u has made nearly pointless.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Rex wrote:It's a little weird that United's season is basically over now. I know there's still the matter of clinching the league but they can do that with their reserves at this point. Bud Selig would never stand for this.
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather they were still alive int he CL, but that was a good team they ran into and they played well against them. Luck of the draw.

One trophy is better than zero.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I'm happy to see Chelsea advance, even though I hate them more than I hate ManUre. Anything to keep them distracted from the league and finishing in the top 4. I think an FA Cup title run is the perfect distraction for Chelski, especially while they struggle with their league form with some tough games on deck I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea finish 6th behind Arsenal and Everton. I gotta say, I love Mata. I'm still bitter that he didn't end up a Gunner, but man can that little dude play. He would have fit in so perfectly with Arsenal tactically, too.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

bpl preview show is just high quality television. sometimes they go a little overboard, but the dramatization of upcoming fixtures is consistently well-done.

much love for the franchise.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Well, at least Everton won the classic replay match before the real match. Season over in two hours.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

TOON TOON ARMY ARMY!!!

cisse finally puts one home in the 93rd minutes to get the magpies a precious 3 points in their quest to stay up in the top-flight.

what a nerve-wracking match. nufc was hard-done on a obvious fulham hand ball missed by kevin friend on a nufc corner, but i'm glad it didn't matter.