Disney Plus

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

Re: Disney Plus

Post by rass »

10 minutes in and while I guessed that Cruella would put in work to redeem its namesake I underestimated the lengths it would go to in order to demonize Dalmatians. Holy fuck.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Heads up PDX a dog in this movie has a great eye-patch.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Been enjoying What If…? but man they better revisit some of these scenarios and give me some closure.
[+] spoiler
I know some of the previews make it look like they might, but this week’s episode especially needs a part 2.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I have been watching. I pretty much could have gone without it.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

rass wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:26 pm Been enjoying What If…? but man they better revisit some of these scenarios and give me some closure.
[+] spoiler
I know some of the previews make it look like they might, but this week’s episode especially needs a part 2.
I have been.
[+] spoiler
I thought up until last week that each individual episode was going to lead up to some sort of finale that incorporated all the prior episodes. I do believe they are doing a second season.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

GoodKarma wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:35 pm
rass wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:26 pm Been enjoying What If…? but man they better revisit some of these scenarios and give me some closure.
[+] spoiler
I have been.
[+] spoiler
I thought up until last week that each individual episode was going to lead up to some sort of finale that incorporated all the prior episodes. I do believe they are doing a second season.
Me too, as far as the first part of your statement within the spoiler tags.

As far as what AB said, I think 2 have been pretty great, 2 others a lot of fun, and 2 others I could take or leave.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I’d go 2-1-3 on that scoring system.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Disney has us all as suckers. Low quality cheap animation, a few low cost production teen dramas, some decent docs under Nat Geo brand, and a blockbuster live action all tied to brands we love (Marvel, Disney, etc). What if is okay. But there are better threads to pull and apply those computer animation resources.

I do appreciate the effort to tie the threads to the overarching stories they are building for movies (like the short connecting Iron Man to the new Marvel movie)

The Dug stuff were fun shorts that timed well with Ed Asner's passing make a nice tribute.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:23 pm Disney has us all as suckers. Low quality cheap animation, a few low cost production teen dramas, some decent docs under Nat Geo brand, and a blockbuster live action all tied to brands we love (Marvel, Disney, etc). What if is okay. But there are better threads to pull and apply those computer animation resources.

I do appreciate the effort to tie the threads to the overarching stories they are building for movies (like the short connecting Iron Man to the new Marvel movie)

The Dug stuff were fun shorts that timed well with Ed Asner's passing make a nice tribute.
Yeah, it kind of sucks.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

GoodKarma wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:35 pm
[+] spoiler
It's happening!
[+] spoiler
Do feel like this latest episode did either "our" Vision or that other Thanos wrong in order to get the stones to Ultron. Plus Ultron seemed to clean out his initial universe pretty quick if he did it all by direct attack. But whatever, once he broke through the Watcher's wall that was pretty fun.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

[+] spoiler
Could take What if or leave it. Nothing special to me at all. A couple of episodes were just plain stupid.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:23 pm Disney has us all as suckers. Low quality cheap animation, a few low cost production teen dramas, some decent docs under Nat Geo brand, and a blockbuster live action all tied to brands we love (Marvel, Disney, etc). What if is okay. But there are better threads to pull and apply those computer animation resources.

Yeah, I have zero interest in Disney+. I think I had an option of a free year subscription at one point and didn't even bother.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Really looking forward to the Beatles doc.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Pretty unfair how great Oscar Isaac’s hair is.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I've liked Ms Marvel so far (even if the vibe started off a little teen-ish and even if it's set but not filmed on location in Jersey City), and the Bon Jovi jokes from an episode or two ago paid off big time in episode 3.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

rass wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:15 am I've liked Ms Marvel so far (even if the vibe started off a little teen-ish and even if it's set but not filmed on location in Jersey City), and the Bon Jovi jokes from an episode or two ago paid off big time in episode 3.
Loving this after 4 eps
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ryan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:42 pm
rass wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:15 am I've liked Ms Marvel so far (even if the vibe started off a little teen-ish and even if it's set but not filmed on location in Jersey City), and the Bon Jovi jokes from an episode or two ago paid off big time in episode 3.
Loving this after 4 eps
I thought it got a little rushed/smushed at the end (episodes 5 and 6, I guess) but she's great and the show was overall still fun.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

rass wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:59 am
Loving this after 4 eps
I thought it got a little rushed/smushed at the end (episodes 5 and 6, I guess) but she's great and the show was overall still fun.
Enjoyed it...typical disney+ marvel. Fun decent story and way to connect other marvel movies/shows. Very likeable characters who were well played by the actors. Only one I did not like was the lady from Orange is the New Black.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:22 am
rass wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:59 am
Loving this after 4 eps
Enjoyed it...typical disney+ marvel. Fun decent story and way to connect other marvel movies/shows. Very likeable characters who were well played by the actors. Only one I did not like was the lady from Orange is the New Black.
Through 2 episodes I think it is a much better produced show than some of the Disney+ marvel offerings. I know it ends up tying in way more so I have to wait, but I thought it was a fresh look (character not in the movies so far helped) but was just blown away with how they made it and the CGI working in the background so much.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

X-Men ‘97 is pretty great. I didn’t religiously watch the original series (no time as a college-man) but I did read that era (or slightly earlier) of the comics so I’m not completely u aware of the lore.