Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by The Sybian »

Overheard some Einstein level science talk out of the mother of one of my daughter's teammates. First, she seems really proud that she and her entire family had COVID last year. Her husband is the same guy I mentioned up thread who was hospitalized for several days. She was talking about how natural immunity is better than immunity through a vaccine (might be true, but natural + vaccine is better). I'm assuming she believes she doesn't need a vaccine, because she was saying she kept her lab result showing COVID positive, because she thinks she can use that instead of a vaccine card in places requiring proof of vaccination. She thinks she is immune for life. How do people not realize there are tons of cases of people getting it twice? Has she not heard of variants? She is a real estate agent, so probably spending a lot of time inside in close quarters with the general public. Just get a fucking vaccine, lady! No surprise, they were one of the first people to sign up for the February tournament at Disney.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Sounds like the female version of my Facebook friend you've gotten into arguments with in the past.

He recently took a photo with Lauren Boebert calling her a great politician. He's such a clown.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:20 pm Sounds like the female version of my Facebook friend you've gotten into arguments with in the past.

He recently took a photo with Lauren Boebert calling her a great politician. He's such a clown.
It's been years, but I instantly remembered his name. Thank you for removing him from my feed.

I forgot to mention the best part of her commentary; since 70% of people in NJ are vaccinated and 12% have tested positive, NJ has achieved herd immunity, so we are all safe. Umm, NJ is averaging 2,200 new cases/day, dummy. So no. Several people told me she is a former Ms. Oklahoma, and she fits the stereotypes of both Oklahoman and vapid beauty queen. Really nice lady, if you are looking to sell a house in Northern NJ...
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Canada gets in on the fun!

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:51 pm Canada gets in on the fun!

Some of the Canadians might want to dispute this, but Alberta (especially) and most of western Canada outside of the Vancouver area might as well be a Republican state like Utah or Montana.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:09 pm
Some of the Canadians might want to dispute this, but Alberta (especially) and most of western Canada outside of the Vancouver area might as well be a Republican state like Utah or Montana.
Nowhere near as severe as those places, but Republican in a Canadian way, for sure.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

And hired one of those idiots from that ridiculous press conference about COVID as Surgeon General.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

I get it but all kids in pretty much every school in the state is a close contact on a weekly if not daily basis. They just didn't get the form email.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I legit have no idea how you can just quit the military over a vaccine.

This is like something out of the conscientious objector playbook. But way fucking weirder.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

These people have literally zero agenda other than "owning the libs" no matter how ridiculously they have to turn themselves into a pretzel to accommodate those ends.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Fuck Sean Hannity...
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Dozens of Mass state troopers are resigning rather than getting the vaccine. This blows my mind because those fucks are making the big bucks and have been bilking taxpayers for "overtime" and for decades. You have to be deep in the propaganda to unlatch from that sweet teat.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Rush2112 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:33 pm Dozens of Mass state troopers are resigning rather than getting the vaccine. This blows my mind because those fucks are making the big bucks and have been bilking taxpayers for "overtime" and for decades. You have to be deep in the propaganda to unlatch from that sweet teat.
That was what Fox reported, but the truth was that 1 (one) trooper actually resigned.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Rush2112 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:33 pm Dozens of Mass state troopers are resigning rather than getting the vaccine. This blows my mind because those fucks are making the big bucks and have been bilking taxpayers for "overtime" and for decades. You have to be deep in the propaganda to unlatch from that sweet teat.
Did you watch the departed last night or something?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

DePAHHHted.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the numbers for military members getting out over this.

I apply for retirement Friday and I cannot wait to get the "Oh no, but wait...we can make an exemption to policy to let you stay in..." emails.

Nope. Fuck that. I'm already underpaid and I've been the same rank for 10 years. I'm over doing more with less year after year while getting tagged to deploy or go to Korea under non vol reasons.

I can do better than the military. Even 'nothing' is better most days.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

My parents got a booster (3rd) Pfizer Covid shot today! This pleases me.

My unvaccinated brother yelled at, then hung the phone on them, after being told he'd need to mask up or get vaccinated to come visit them. Their action pleases me; his does not.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

My unvaccinated sister and her boyfriend (I assume the same, never met him) are off for vacation to visit his family in southern Missouri. Can't wait to hear how this turns out.

She also thinks we are no longer speaking because I have been very curt with her on the phone the last two times we have spoken. I'm fine with this.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

My parents are now boosted as well. Now I just need to get the seven year old the poke.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

As a teacher, Jen qualified for a booster and got one last night. Sore arm and a headache but no other after-effects today.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I got my second shot on 5 March. I should be due for my booster soon, but there hasn't been any way ahead for military folks as of yet.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

A local brewery posted on their Facebook page yesterday that they were going to start requiring vax cards and masks. Someone posted a screed about 'my freedom', and I made the mistake of replying 'Feel free to stay home'.

Which led to me being called a sheep, being told that conforming is not the answer, and the obligatory 'show us your papers'.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:30 am A local brewery posted on their Facebook page yesterday that they were going to start requiring vax cards and masks. Someone posted a screed about 'my freedom', and I made the mistake of replying 'Feel free to stay home'.

Which led to me being called a sheep, being told that conforming is not the answer, and the obligatory 'show us your papers'.
Show your papers? What does that even mean? Do you not look white in your profile pic?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:22 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:30 am A local brewery posted on their Facebook page yesterday that they were going to start requiring vax cards and masks. Someone posted a screed about 'my freedom', and I made the mistake of replying 'Feel free to stay home'.

Show your papers? What does that even mean? Do you not look white in your profile pic?
I think they were trying to imply that I would be going along with the brewery demanding that I "show my papers" to enter.

Its all my fault for responding in the first place.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Not exactly sure what to make of this headline and the ensuing story:

The Washington Post: Hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops have not yet complied with vaccine mandate as deadlines near.

The first line says "remain unvaccinated or partially vaccinated." If you're partially vaccinated that shows intent to get dose number 2, so let's temper down the "not yet complied" rhetoric. That connotes members don't want the shot instead of many of them waiting between shots.

Ultimately, I'm intrigued to see where this goes. If there are that many people throwing a tantrum because their guy didn't win, fuck them. But if there are a bunch of people using this as a "get out of the military" free card, it's possibly pretty savvy depending upon the type of discharge.

I'm just bewildered by the fact that we've gotten so many mandatory shots over the years that this one is where they draw the line. I swear this is some 4D chess shit to devide the military.

If this reaches a level where I get stop-lossed from retiring because of end year strength goals and readiness, I'm going to be so fucking bummed.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

There is still no word about what WSU is going to do with their football coach when the vax deadline hits next week, but the Seattle Times posted the questionnaire for getting an exemption.

Here’s the vaccine exemption questionnaire that may determine WSU coach Nick Rolovich’s job status
Rolovich had until Oct. 4 to file his request for a religious exemption. The form, available online, has six questions:

Question 1: Employee name and WSU ID# (Print)
(Note: WSU has implemented a blind review process, so identifying marks for all employees will be removed when the panel evaluates the requests.)

Question 2: “Describe the sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is the basis for your request for a religious exemption/accommodation to WSU’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement.”
Question 3: “Briefly explain how your sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance conflicts with WSU’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement.”
Question 4: “How long have you held the above religious belief, practice, or observance?”
Question 5: “If you have ever received an FDA authorized or approved vaccine at any time in your life, please explain how your sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance causes you to object to the COVID-19 vaccine compared to other vaccines you received.”
Question 6: “If the request for accommodation is temporary, please identify the anticipated date the accommodation is no longer needed.”
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Who is 50 with a co-morbidity and got a booster last Friday?

This guy.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:37 am Who is 50 with a co-morbidity and got a booster last Friday?

This guy.
I'm not fifty, and I lost my co-morbidity a few weeks ago, but I'm just one big meal away from it.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Stop moving and take off all those shiny garbage bags. You can do it.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Ryan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:10 pm Stop moving and take off all those shiny garbage bags. You can do it.
Last time I wore the bags I came home to a ruined entertainment system and a wet carpet.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I don't know, AB.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Watch out for cops busting through your windows, bro.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Talked to my 80-year-old father last night. I was going to ask him if/when he was going to get the booster, but he brought it up first unprompted. Said he tried to walk into a Walgreens to get it, but they weren't taking walk-ins. So my wife set up the appointment online last night and he got it done this afternoon. Really looking forward to Oct 26th and the decision on 5-11 year-olds, because I've got two of those and they'll be in line early to get theirs.
Pretty much the lone holdout in my family is my (step)mother-in-law. I think she'll relent with a mandate (she's office admin in a healthcare facility), but it most definitely won't be before then.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Cannot wait to get my 7 yr old in. He can't wait either.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I have already spoken to 11 and 6 that when the vaccine is available to them, they are getting it, explaining that going through a minute or so of pain from the shot could end up saving their own life, as well as the lives of their friends, as well as adding that getting the vaccine means getting closer to not having to wear masks at school and when hanging out with friends, etc.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Anti-Vax Wazzu coach fired.

Report: WSU football coach Nick Rolovich fired after refusing to take COVID-19 vaccine
Nick Rolovich came to Washington State as a fun-loving coach, known nationally for his off-the-wall antics and an ability to win.

Less than two years and 11 games later, Rolovich is apparently gone, and will be known nationally as the football coach who lost his job for refusing to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Rolovich had applied for a religious exemption to the mandate that all state employees be vaccinated by Oct. 18, but his tenure at WSU reportedly came to end Monday.

According to John Canzano of The Oregonian, Rolovich was terminated for cause along with other unvaccinated WSU assistant coaches. Further details weren’t immediately available.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »