NFL Week 4

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Re: NFL Week 4

Post by bfj »

brian wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:53 pm It’s a fair assessment of the Lions that they play hard and they’re probably not as bad as many people think. A good team like Baltimore had to hit the longest kick in the history of the sport to beat them.
And have their WR drop 2-3 TD passes.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Lions roster is better than people think on the lines (or at least on the OL). That's going to keep them in a lot of games until the score starts getting higher than Jared Goff can take them.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:31 am
Tom 1860 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:19 am Titans are missing two pro bowl WRs this weekend, they lost their best TE in the off season and are also down to two OLBs on the roster, so passing and pass rushing look out of the question. They might make the Jets look good on Sunday...
Jets are down 4 safeties and they havent had an NFL caliber corner for a couple years. Offensive line is horrendous. Titans will be just fine.

I was about to take Zach Wilson in my DFS league today but it turns out I'm in one of the states of Italy where this is illegal for some insane reason. Probably saved me from myself.

And yes I know about VPNs but once you log in once on your phone they flag your account so it's of no use now.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Gunpowder wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:44 am
Tom 1860 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:19 am Titans are missing two pro bowl WRs this weekend, they lost their best TE in the off season and are also down to two OLBs on the roster, so passing and pass rushing look out of the question. They might make the Jets look good on Sunday...
Jets are down 4 safeties and they havent had an NFL caliber corner for a couple years. Offensive line is horrendous. Titans will be just fine.

I was about to take Zach Wilson in my DFS league today but it turns out I'm in one of the states of Italy where this is illegal for some insane reason. Probably saved me from myself.

And yes I know about VPNs but once you log in once on your phone they flag your account so it's of no use now.
I think you should send a gift basket to the government.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

DICK PICK.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Tom 1860
Jesus Quintana

Post by Tom 1860 »

Titans finding ways to lose to the Jets... It is impressively poor
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Tom 1860 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:56 pm Titans finding ways to lose to the Jets... It is impressively poor
The 74% of America who didn’t have Tennessee in survivor like this.
Last edited by L-Jam3 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

We could have the first ever OT game in which a team loses because the clock ran out on them
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Are they playing for the tie? what the hell Vrabel
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

It is Vrabel Time right now
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I am in awe. Having watched this, I will not criticize Joe Judge for at least the next two hours.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Rex wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:41 pm We could have the first ever OT game in which a team loses because the clock ran out on them
Although this did not technically happen, you have to think that the clock played a role in how those last few plays, uh, went down.
Tom 1860
Jesus Quintana

Post by Tom 1860 »

Yep, that is correct... The Titans can get smashed at home in the opener then go to Seattle and win. Two weeks later The Titans lose to the Jets, what a load of shite...
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This happened today too.

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I wonder what the latest a winless team has been able to control its own destiny in a division race is. 0-6? 0-7? probably not past 7.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I imagine the Giants controlled their destiny at 0-5 last year. With the schedule structure, 0-4 is probably not that crazy. You just need to be 2 games behind the leader right?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

The #3 and 4 safeties were able to play, clearly made all the difference…

Jets pass rush was really impressive, and Wilson throws a beautiful deep ball on the rollout! Second half was the first time it looked like Wilson took off the training wheels and just played. Now he needs to hit a wide open receiver within 10 yards.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Reeeeaaaaallly couldn't give a fuck less about what a bunch of massholes think about Brady leaving.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:27 pm Reeeeaaaaallly couldn't give a fuck less about what a bunch of massholes think about Brady leaving.
The sheer balls of anyone who roots for a franchise that was literally one of the five worst of the 20th century shitting on a guy who more or less single-handedly won six titles in 20 years is hilarious. The Pats being mediocre (at best) for the next two decades is gonna be beyond hilarious.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Ineligible receiver downfield is pretty much the easiest penalty to call, but it's still so random on when it's called. Seems like it could be called on every screen, yet it just seems like they make it arbitrary depending on the time of game.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Yeah, I'm bitter because it seems my team gets called for it twice a week, but then I see such obvious ones that get nothing, like Fournette's 24-yard reception on that last drive, with No. 68 eight yards downfield at the time Fournette catches it.
downfield.jpg
downfield.jpg (156.39 KiB) Viewed 631 times
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Nice.

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Reaper wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:11 pm Yeah, I'm bitter because it seems my team gets called for it twice a week, but then I see such obvious ones that get nothing, like Fournette's 24-yard reception on that last drive, with No. 68 eight yards downfield at the time Fournette catches it.

downfield.jpg
I can't see the down marker on this but I'm guessing the white line is the LOS. Fournette is behind the LOS, so the linemen can be downfield as much as they want. The rule only applies on passes that travel past the LOS.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

It's kind of rare for an NFL game to effectively be over after 5 minutes, but the Bills-Texans game was like that.

My God that QB is terrible.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:40 am It's kind of rare for an NFL game to effectively be over after 5 minutes, but the Bills-Texans game was like that.

And he was their first pick this year! WTF!?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Giff wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:51 am
Pruitt wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:40 am It's kind of rare for an NFL game to effectively be over after 5 minutes, but the Bills-Texans game was like that.

I have no idea how anyone watched him in college and thought "yeah, that's what we need leading this team".
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is he super religious?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:01 am Is he super religious?
His high school was "Greater Atlanta Christian School", so....
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Eh, my high school (and college) were both religious and I would never get bonus points for loving god in a job interview then or now.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:07 am

I have no idea how anyone watched him in college and thought "yeah, that's what we need leading this team".
It's the new phrenology, judging QB talent by neck size. This kid is off the charts! Sign him up!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

brian wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:05 am
mister d wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:01 am Is he super religious?
His high school was "Greater Atlanta Christian School", so....
I don't know if that's necessarily dispositive. I would guess there are athlete kids on scholarship to to prep schools like Mater Dei and Don Bosco Prep who jerk off, give head, and eat meat on Fridays in March.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Gunpowder wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:07 am

I legitimately wonder how much him going to Stanford played a role in being the guy who "rose" up draft boards during the pre-draft process. If he goes and plays for any other program/coach that isn't so friendly to the NFL, is he even a late-round pick?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Brontoburglar wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:59 am
Reaper wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:11 pm Yeah, I'm bitter because it seems my team gets called for it twice a week, but then I see such obvious ones that get nothing, like Fournette's 24-yard reception on that last drive, with No. 68 eight yards downfield at the time Fournette catches it.

downfield.jpg
I can't see the down marker on this but I'm guessing the white line is the LOS. Fournette is behind the LOS, so the linemen can be downfield as much as they want. The rule only applies on passes that travel past the LOS.
Yeah, I now see that. Not sure how I missed the white line. I was going off the beginning of the sticks, which was obviously 1st and 10, and the pic somewhat clear shows it's 2nd. I'm just irrationally (rationally?) angry that three Eagles TDs were called back for penalties yesterday, and they now have 44 on the year.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Nice lightning delay in your $5B indoor stadium, LA.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Is this just a case of west coast people dealing with lightning the way that southerners deal with snow?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Chris Berman’s face looks like a catcher’s mitt.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »