Random Politics

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Random Politics

Post by mister d »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:31 amRepublicans had matching uniforms...Dems were wearing their own shirts and hats (often local to their district).
A little too on the nose.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:43 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:53 am Someone I know very well is getting nominated by the White House for Senate confirmed position today. I have been refreshing the whitehouse.gov press releases constantly to see when it is public...and thinking of what opportunities I have to vandalize this person's wikipedia page (which does not exist yet).

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... -services/
Actually got confirmed last night. My running joke was that she would get the job right before Trump became President again in August...well blew through that. Not sure how you can have impact turning a ship like this when you are there for such a short time.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

There's a typo in that press release.

IMPEACH BIDEN!
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Ted Cruz retweeting LeBron who's agreeing with a stupid thing Draymond said about vaccines.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

This SNL clip sums up perfectly my frustrations with the Dems

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:18 pm
Absolutely ridiculous.. Hopefully Sinema gives Mitch the gavel back.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:29 am This SNL clip sums up perfectly my frustrations with the Dems

That they aren't funny?
Totally Kafkaesque
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

There's fundamentally something wrong with this country when people are legitimately complaining (and I've seen it in person many times) that Biden is boring and at least Trump provided some entertainment. You're not supposed to be entertained by politics frankly. It's a tough job under the best of circumstances and you're trying to make people's lives moderately better despite being outspent by the forces of unrestrained capitalism by a factor of 50.

This country fucking deserved/deserves Trump and his coming fascist revolution. Fuck this place.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This is a GOP aligned group praising Sinema and calling out Kelly.

I just saw this during SNF. Fucking gross.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

So that's why this post was made the other day:

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Looks like we're slowly inching closer to the day when I get told I should be thrilled the Dems were able to outmaneuver the Republicans and Manchin/Sinema to pass their $35MM economic package.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

What the fuck is wrong with Rudy Guiliani?

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Really nailed the 19th century Illinois accent there.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Sounded more like Captain Klink at the end. Just his Nazi self shining through.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Republican Candidate for Governor in Nevada has quite an ad campaign...

pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:47 pm The Republican Candidate for Governor in Nevada has quite an ad campaign...

Why do things like this still shock?
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

pruitt2 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:07 pm

Pruitt never would have been shocked by this. I miss Pruitt.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

pruitt2 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:07 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:47 pm The Republican Candidate for Governor in Nevada has quite an ad campaign...

That’s my former Nevada assemblywoman.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Yesterday I was feeling pretty discouraged in terms of the direction the country was going, and it got me really down.

So the Republicans in the Senate voted down even bringing the Voting Rights Bill to discussion. I don't know why the media, even the progressive media, isn't going forward and saying that Republicans are trying to remove the vote from black people. That's it in a nutshell. There's clearly nothing to voter fraud that the Republican states are putting forward in their bills to prevent black people from voting. The Democrats in Congress are trying to protect voting rights for blacks, but the Republicans are such pussies that they won't even allow it to be debated and have them put it on the record. People should be up in arms at this. There should be marches in the streets about this. Every Democrat needs to lead when they are on media that Republicans are trying to remove the right to vote from black people. Every negative ad from the Democrats needs to lead with their candidate up for reelection is doing everything possible to prevent blacks from voting. That's it. Let them go on the defensive.

And fucking Sinema. It's really easy for her to uphold the filibuster; it's not her vote getting taken away from her. Fuck her.

I can't even comprehend this at this point.

And then when it comes to climate change, we're clearly fucked there too. Even if this bill gets passed, it be another two years at earliest before serious climate action starts. And the whole West is just going to combust every summer and fall moving forward, and every Atlantic coast is going to get hit with a monster hurricane at least one a decade, and then food prices are going to skyrocket when it becomes prohibitively expensive to grow crops.

I get it that's their game. Keep beating on the progressives so some just throw up their hands in defeat. It's so frigging hard to keep fighting when you're playing whack-a-mole.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I've been wondering recently if 10-20 years from now the younger generations are going to be asking why no one was doing the Lincoln/JFK thing to politicians who are truly existential threats.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That implies that the people who would carry out such an endeavor are the same ones that agree with Beto O'Rourke's absurd position.

Soooooo, that ain't happening. We'll just have to settle for the political mastery of Democrats to save us.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

What the fucking hell?

Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

psunate77 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:32 pm Herschel Walker possibly running for Georgia Senate seat vs Warnock?

Please tell me he won't have a chance..
I only did a cursory search, so excuse me if I missed this, but Walker canceled an event after the event's host posted this:
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

brian wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:43 pm What the fucking hell?

And of course it's all bs...

Opinion: Why is Anthony Fauci trying to kill my puppy?
But right-wing news outlets, through stupidity or malice, conflated separate studies funded by NIAID, using documents provided by the White Coat Waste Project, a watchdog group with an anti-Fauci bent. Over the past couple of months, Gateway Pundit, National Review, Fox News, the Hill and others have picked up elements of this “story,” with varying degrees of accuracy, and lawmakers have written letters to Fauci based on the misinformation. NIAID received hundreds of threatening calls Monday from people inflamed by the misleading reports.
I'm just trying to figure out why a Trump-loving guy I went to High School with posted a photo of a sign board outside a diner in Idaho that said "Lets Go Brandon" with the comment "This guy's got the right idea! Lets Go Brandon". Its like they are speaking in tongues or something.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:15 pmI'm just trying to figure out why a Trump-loving guy I went to High School with posted a photo of a sign board outside a diner in Idaho that said "Lets Go Brandon" with the comment "This guy's got the right idea! Lets Go Brandon". Its like they are speaking in tongues or something.
Brief explanation contained here.
(Brandon) Brown recently won his first Xfinity race and was interviewed post-race with fans chanting in the stands.

The chants by the fans seem to say “f*** Joe Biden” in protest of his presidency but the reporter during the interview said the chants said “Let’s go Brandon.’
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:29 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:15 pmI'm just trying to figure out why a Trump-loving guy I went to High School with posted a photo of a sign board outside a diner in Idaho that said "Lets Go Brandon" with the comment "This guy's got the right idea! Lets Go Brandon". Its like they are speaking in tongues or something.
Brief explanation contained here.
(Brandon) Brown recently won his first Xfinity race and was interviewed post-race with fans chanting in the stands.

The chants by the fans seem to say “f*** Joe Biden” in protest of his presidency but the reporter during the interview said the chants said “Let’s go Brandon.’
I've lost IQ points just reading that.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

(D-AZ)
Last edited by mister d on Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Imagine how stupid you'd have to be to invest money in a venture run by Donald Trump in the year 2021. Now think about who the stupidest people in Congress are and...yep
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Couldn't have happened to a better gal.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:20 pm Imagine how stupid you'd have to be to invest money in a venture run by Donald Trump in the year 2021. Now think about who the stupidest people in Congress are and...yep
I heard an interesting take on Trump's venture. Basically, nobody is investing thinking they will make money, it's just a way to funnel political bribes without having to donate to a campaign. MTG might be dumb enough to think it's a good investment or Trump is a successful businessman, and I can't imagine she has much money to waste on Trump.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

By Friday, the Trump SPAC climbed to as high as $175, a staggering 1,657% above its Wednesday closing price.

That was the day that Greene bought shares.
Stupid ass.

Once the general public learns about stocks it's waaaayyy too late.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Some might think that people having the nerve to respond to a comedian is what is wrong with the world today. I think it's bullshit like this, but what do I know. I'm not a fucking snowflake.
Krause, who chairs the state’s House Committee on General Investigating, also directed the districts to identify “any other books” that could cause students “guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress because of their race or sex or convey that a student, by virtue of their race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously.”
vs.
OH NO, HOW DARE ANYONE CRITICIZE DAVE CHAPPELLE?!?!? OUR SOCIETY SUCKS!!!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:32 am Some might think that people having the nerve to respond to a comedian is what is wrong with the world today. I think it's bullshit like this, but what do I know. I'm not a fucking snowflake.
Krause, who chairs the state’s House Committee on General Investigating, also directed the districts to identify “any other books” that could cause students “guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress because of their race or sex or convey that a student, by virtue of their race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously.”
vs.
OH NO, HOW DARE ANYONE CRITICIZE DAVE CHAPPELLE?!?!? OUR SOCIETY SUCKS!!!
I just read the letter...and this fool left it so open ended that there should be LGBTQIA+ groups just submitting book after book that contains homophobia and "straight" relationships that may make those students uncomfortable. NAACP should do the same. Force their hand.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This is turning into the wheel of fortune episode of South Park.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Just FUBAR'd my mail-in ballot a day or two before the voting deadline and well after the deadline to request another one. Oops.

I think I can go in person and request a provisional paper ballot. I was going to make a crack about confusing the septuagenarian poll workers by doing so but I'm the one who can't fill out a ballot correctly and they're probably all actually good at their jobs (if a little cranky about it sometimes).
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:30 am Just FUBAR'd my mail-in ballot a day or two before the voting deadline and well after the deadline to request another one. Oops.

I think I can go in person and request a provisional paper ballot. I was going to make a crack about confusing the septuagenarian poll workers by doing so but I'm the one who can't fill out a ballot correctly and they're probably all actually good at their jobs (if a little cranky about it sometimes).
Oh, shit. Pretty sure I threw away my ballot thinking it was the stupid sample ones they used to mail. I'm so sick of our local political bickerings that I tuned out several years ago.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

This could be interesting. I want to know how this got scheduled. I'm assuming Rudy or his people were morons and meant to call the Four Seasons hotel. I also want to know why the landscaping place agreed to the press conference. And the guy is right, their humor helped them escape a potential nightmare of backlash.

-Pruitt