The Weather

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: The Weather

Post by govmentchedda »

Pruitt, are you and yours alright? That tornado through Barrie looked like a killer.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:02 pm Pruitt, are you and yours alright? That tornado through Barrie looked like a killer.
Yeah, thanks for asking. (Barrie's about 50 miles north of here)

Blue skies out my window at the moment, but severe thunderstorm warnings just issued with possible gusts up to 70 mph. Thank God my golf round is tomorrow at this time!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Not sure whether the occasional whiff of smoke I’ve been catching this week is from the smoke from wildfires out west making it’s way here but the haze definitely is. Good times we got going here.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I went from hot and extremely humid to extremely hot and not at all humid and it's incredible. It also helps that I can drive again too. Walking everywhere in swamp conditions fucking sucks.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:13 pm I went from hot and extremely humid to extremely hot and not at all humid and it's incredible. It also helps that I can drive again too. Walking everywhere in swamp conditions fucking sucks.
Welcome back, Airman. Glad the Muckety-mucks finally got of their ass and got you home with the Mrs.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

serrano wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:34 pm
Johnnie wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:13 pm I went from hot and extremely humid to extremely hot and not at all humid and it's incredible. It also helps that I can drive again too. Walking everywhere in swamp conditions fucking sucks.
Welcome back, Airman. Glad the Muckety-mucks finally got of their ass and got you home with the Mrs.
Dude, you and me both. When every young person in the room (Because I'm the old guy now. Thanks, time.) looks at how the 20 year guy is being treated when his wife is going through some shit, it sets a tone. And it confirms everything about how the AF doesn't care about you to them.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Just had an afternoon thunderstorm quickly roll in (not that unusual), but a para-sailer was caught in the storm and the rope between the boat and his parachute rig snapped.

Miraculously, he landed about a half-mile from the beach in the middle of town. I'll post some pics if I can get any.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

You can't pay me enough to parasail.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:25 pm You can't pay me enough to parasail.
No, please don't do it in Mexico. I can assure you it's not safe. I'm amazed people don't die regularly from it.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

My god. It's like a post-apocalyptic hellscape here today.

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

We’re under a watch for Tropical Storm Kevin but it’s not likely to come anywhere near shore meaning we’ll miss out on all kind of Office memes.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:21 am My god. It's like a post-apocalyptic hellscape here today.

That's how it was in Colorado Saturday. We left that day and it extended into western Kansas.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:29 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:25 pm You can't pay me enough to parasail.
No, please don't do it in Mexico. I can assure you it's not safe. I'm amazed people don't die regularly from it.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Perhaps the most underrated movie of all time.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Giff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:02 am
Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:21 am My god. It's like a post-apocalyptic hellscape here today.

That's how it was in Colorado Saturday. We left that day and it extended into western Kansas.
Yeah our air got a little better for a while as Denver got worse. But now we’re back to really grim skies.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Came across the current conditions in Vegas at some point over the weekend and the temp was 99 and the descriptor was SMOKE.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

rass wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:05 am Came across the current conditions in Vegas at some point over the weekend and the temp was 99 and the descriptor was SMOKE.
Went out to walk the dog Saturday and when I looked up at the sky, I thought I had walked onto the set of Space:1999
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I couldn't see the mountains and I was in the mountains.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

brian wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:29 pm
Yeah, I've seen way too many videos of things going wrong. Same reason I won't bungee jump or do that thing that catapults 2 seated people in the air on tension lines.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:05 am Came across the current conditions in Vegas at some point over the weekend and the temp was 99 and the descriptor was SMOKE.
No kinkshaming here.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:27 am Perhaps the most underrated movie of all time.
Yeah.

I was listening to a podcast and they mentioned who was originally cast in it and I can't remember for the life of me. Wanted it to be a much less dark/much more zany approach.

*googlemachine*

Chris Farley. Wow.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

P.D.X. wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:47 am I couldn't see the mountains and I was in the mountains.
Yup.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Heat, humidity and air quality advisories in Toronto.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Oddly enough, even though the big fires aren't all that far away, northwest of us here, the air and weather have been great, because the prevailing winds have been blowing eastward.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

So...the NH/Mass crew up in here might get a hurricane later this weekend. It's a bit anomolous if so in a few respects. One of which would be speed at landfall - it would be crawling. Usually tropical systems that hit that far NE are flying when they come in.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Yeah, heading to the Jersey shore tomorrow and looks like we'll be pretty good (other than choppy waters) even though LI will have issues.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Oh right i never got the battery backup hooked up to our pump after the old pump was replaced 2 Xmases ago when we had 3 inches of water in the basement. Good thing I totally know how to do that and left myself plenty of time to get help if I don’t.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

are you hooking up the battery or the entire backup sump system?

our backup saved our ass on the first day we were out of town last week. got texts from the neighbors as a tree in their yard fell on another tree and their house. the other tree then fell on a tree in our yard and that fell on our house. apparent microburst that knocked power out for about 6-8 hours.

we escaped with a broken gutter corner that I need to try to get fixed tonight (no gutter company will return my calls) and no roof damage that we know of. the big tree went through their roof and into her home office. so our neighbors have a giant tarp on their house right now and cut up trees all over their yard. we thankfully had our tree guy haul ours away.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Brontoburglar wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:08 pm are you hooking up the battery or the entire backup sump system?

our backup saved our ass on the first day we were out of town last week. got texts from the neighbors as a tree in their yard fell on another tree and their house. the other tree then fell on a tree in our yard and that fell on our house. apparent microburst that knocked power out for about 6-8 hours.

we escaped with a broken gutter corner that I need to try to get fixed tonight (no gutter company will return my calls) and no roof damage that we know of. the big tree went through their roof and into her home office. so our neighbors have a giant tarp on their house right now and cut up trees all over their yard. we thankfully had our tree guy haul ours away.
Yikes. I'm glad you didn't suffer more serious damage, but that still sucks.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Keeps shifting west. Now headed for Long Island and Western CT/MA
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

This is mesmerizing.

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

If this is the last day of the year in the 80s around here it’s going out big. A strong storm is moving through (starting right about now) and then a drop to the 50s overnight.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

rass wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:06 pm If this is the last day of the year in the 80s around here it’s going out big. A strong storm is moving through (starting right about now) and then a drop to the 50s overnight.
Yeah, we had a spectacular week in the low-mid 70s.

Storm came through last night and it's hello 50s.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Sky got angry here and the wind picked up and we got some scattered huge raindrops but I guess the worst of storm line hit elsewhere. Has definitely cooled down already.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

It's gonna get perilously close to the 50s overnight tomorrow.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 pm It's gonna get perilously close to the 50s overnight tomorrow.
Time to move South
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I was getting texts from WKU about the weather and graduation being cancelled because of tornadoes. Bowling Green is without power.

Then I see this posted about Mayfield, a city a couple hours away.

Holy fuck.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

So...tornadoes in December? Is that a thing now? Isn't spring/summer tornado season?
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Good Lord. It looks like fucking Dredsden.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:51 pm Good Lord. It looks like fucking Dredsden.
Crazy...