Guns: Infinity

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Guns: Infinity

Post by brian »

On the run from Johnny Law. Ain't no trip to Cleveland.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Because he knows any normal person indicted for homicide for something their kid did would run from that shitty town too.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:30 pm Because he knows any normal person indicted for homicide for something their kid did would run from that shitty town too.
They literally bought the gun for the kid.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Probably not a good idea though I doubt they registered it in the kids name. More like gave the kid access to their gun. I just have a reaction to the concept that parents are legally responsible for kids criminal actions.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:35 pm Probably not a good idea though I doubt they registered it in the kids name. More like gave the kid access to their gun. I just have a reaction to the concept that parents are legally responsible for kids criminal actions.
It's the enabling that brings on the responsibility. They bought AND gave him access to the gun. Bought? No problem. Access and the evidently laissez-faire attitude? That's a problem Houston.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

Ryan wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:31 pm I will actually side with the non-murderers on this one
Not me.

(WaPost)
The school’s concerns grew more acute the morning of the shooting. The Crumbleys had been summoned to a meeting by school administrators after a teacher found a troubling note in Ethan’s desk, McDonald said. It contained a drawing of a semiautomatic handgun pointing at the words “The thoughts won’t stop. Help me.”

Another section of the note had a drawing of a bullet with the words, “blood everywhere.” There was also a drawing of a bloody figure with two gunshot wounds, McDonald said, and another drawing of a laughing emoji.

Ethan altered the note, McDonald said, scratching out the most disturbing parts of it by the time the meeting with his parents began shortly after 10 a.m. on Nov. 30. McDonald said the teen brought his backpack to the counselor’s office to meet with his parents and noted at no point did his parents ask about the recently purchased gun. McDonald said neither the Crumbleys nor school officials searched the teen’s backpack.

The Crumbleys “resisted the idea of their son leaving the school at that time,” McDonald said. Instead, Ethan returned to class with his backpack.

Less than three hours later, the first 911 calls poured in about shots fired at the school.
I can only imagine what the parents of the murdered kids would like to do to these assholes.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Yeah pretty fucked up but sounds mentally ill to me. Are parents responsible for the deranged acts of their mentally ill children? Better build more jails. One could hold the teacher and counselor and school responsible also. Gonna lock them up too? The number of parents that allow gun access to their teenage children is high. Probably a rite of passage in many locales. The cub scouts give out knives to every 10 year old in America. Gonna lock up the scout leader when schizophrenia sets in and Johnny guts some kids?
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:18 pm I agree with the parent. Are you not supposed to look at ammunition? The kid might like guns. Now youre definitely not supposed to shoot up a school but to me looking at ammunition and shooting up a school are pretty much unrelated.
unrelated… until, well you know.
Might take a look but I watched a video from my kids school last year where everyone talked about their vacations and what they did. Blah, blah, blah then one kids starts talking about shooting from a banana clip for a few minutes. Great... Johnny. Sounds like a nice vacation. Brother and I watched that thing twenty times. Dont see much difference other than what occurred after the fact. Some people like guns. Some kids like guns. Not sure thats any reason to prosecute a parent but then all ive seen was the twitter clip. And this is why I hate prosecutors. She said that like she proved something. L-O-L. Just be a prosecutor. Its enough. You dont need your face plastered all over the news.
You’re assuming the the teacher met this kid on the day he searched for ammunition in their class. I don’t think he was new to the school on 11/30. The report to admin was surely based on a constellation of observations and information developed over time about this kid’s behavior. This kid was, for better or worse, on the radar. And it takes a lot for most educators to go to admin and articulate sincere worry about the potential for extreme behavior like this. It’s not done willy-nilly

I hope you’re looking at this from a legal perspective, because you’re not making any sense otherwise. Fuck these parents. They’re not running cause the town is shit. They’re running because they they know what they did and they can’t face it. Nice job leaving their son to face this alone, by the way.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:04 pm Yeah pretty fucked up but sounds mentally ill to me. Are parents responsible for the deranged acts of their mentally ill children? Better build more jails. One could hold the teacher and counselor and school responsible also. Gonna lock them up too? The number of parents that allow gun access to their teenage children is high. Probably a rite of passage in many locales. The cub scouts give out knives to every 10 year old in America. Gonna lock up the scout leader when schizophrenia sets in and Johnny guts some kids?
But you are OK with parents buying a gun and intentionally giving the kid access to the gun after knowing he was mentally ill and making drawings about killing and saying he can't stop the thoughts? And if a boy scout was talking about his uncontrollable impulses to slice kids, yes, it's criminally negligent, at best, to give that kid a knife.

In most cases, parents shouldn't be criminally responsible for the crimes of their children, but if they gave a gun to a kid showing signs of uncontrollable impulses to shoot people, then by all fucking means, they are criminally liable. If your friend says, "I need to kill someone, give me your gun" and you give him your gun, you are criminally liable. If you teach a kid how to light matches, give him a bunch of matches after he draws pictures of burning down houses, you are criminally liable. I just can't fathom where you are coming from on this one.

ETA: I wouldn't take my kids shooting on vacation, but I don't have a problem with other people doing that. I get gun culture is different in parts of the country, and I'm fine with that too.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

With that freedom to expose your son to guns comes responsibility.

That poor fucking bastard.
Noli Timere Messorem
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

brian wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:52 pm On the run from Johnny Law. Ain't no trip to Cleveland.
Their 75 year plan is not working.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Jeeeez us:

(Read the whole thread)

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

So many action movie heroes.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

And now its a Buffalo grocery store...

Gee....I wonder where this guy got radicalized with the 'great replacement' garbage?

And for those clowns who say 'if only there had been other gun owners there to stop him'....

And...nothing will change.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

The suspect put his gun to his own neck, at which point two Buffalo officers talked him into dropping his gun and then took off some of his tactical gear and surrendered to police, officials said. Police arrested the suspect and transported him to Buffalo police headquarters.
Let's just assume it was because they have learned from their past transgressions and not because he was a young white male.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

duff wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:11 pm
The suspect put his gun to his own neck, at which point two Buffalo officers talked him into dropping his gun and then took off some of his tactical gear and surrendered to police, officials said. Police arrested the suspect and transported him to Buffalo police headquarters.
Let's just assume it was because they have learned from their past transgressions and not because he was a young white male.
Another bit for the 'well...that's not surprising at all'...

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

And about the store that was targeted...

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Will never understand the Republican attitude of “we need more of this”
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Where are the so-called pro-lifers now?

They will be standing in the corner saying "Well, he was a good boy. Quiet. Never thought he could handle pulling something like this off. God bless him."
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:58 pm Will never understand the Republican attitude of “we need more of this”
Their base is so morally bankrupt over gun rights it's politically advantageous to do nothing.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

duff wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:33 pm Where are the so-called pro-lifers now?

They will be standing in the corner saying "Well, he was a good boy. Quiet. Never thought he could handle pulling something like this off. God bless him."
Happened under Biden.

This one is not their problem in any way shape or form.

ETA: And considering that this was a racist attack, a fair number of them probably condone it.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

3 miles from my house.

i know a lot of ppl who frequent that store - everything said about it being a force in the community is true.

even tho i don't (think i) know anyone that was murdered or hurt i think this totally broke me.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Fucking hell, this country....

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

duff wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:33 pm Where are the so-called pro-lifers now?
The standard Republican response now, beyond the obvious "thoughts and prayers" is that we don't have a gun problem, we have a "mental health crisis".

And then, of course, they cut funding for any social services which might include mental health services.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Will there ever come a breaking point for a Democrat where they just go off on an expletive-laden rant against Republicans like they're at a roast or something?

Or do we just press forward with 'civility' because that's the professional way to handle things?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

And now its Texas' turn...

pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

"As many as 14 dead"

No doubt the majority are children.

We live in a society where no lessons are ever learned.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The lesson remains that this doesn't matter to half the people unless or until its someone they personally know.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That's awful.

Youngest had a lockdown right at the end of the day today. From what she heard (all we got was a vague call telling us it started and another telling us it was over) a 7th grader brought a gun to school in their backpack and someone saw it. PD came and arrested the kid.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

Children.

Dead children doesn't move these assholes.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

mister d wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:19 pm The lesson remains that this doesn't matter to half the people unless or until its someone they personally know.
This is one of the things that I can't wrap my head around. How people are incapable of basic human empathy. Like I get that captains of industry or politicians, I understand they don't have it. They're sociopaths; that's how they got where they are. But basic everyday people? I don't understand how we collectively saw Sandy Hook happen, and all of us who had kids, a sizable enough percentage just shrugged their shoulders.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:27 pm
mister d wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:19 pm The lesson remains that this doesn't matter to half the people unless or until its someone they personally know.
This is one of the things that I can't wrap my head around. How people are incapable of basic human empathy. Like I get that captains of industry or politicians, I understand they don't have it. They're sociopaths; that's how they got where they are. But basic everyday people? I don't understand how we collectively saw Sandy Hook happen, and all of us who had kids, a sizable enough percentage just shrugged their shoulders.
It kind of clinches the argument as to whether humans are basically good or evil. I just saw a clip of a father desperate to find out if his "babies" are safe. How can any parent not feel when they see that?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Jesus....

And nothing....absolutely nothing...will change...
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I question anyone who doesn't actively root for those who enable this to happen to be the next victims.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The town where this happened is ~80% latino so there's a chance this can somehow get even more horrific.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:45 pm I question anyone who doesn't actively root for those who enable this to happen to be the next victims.
You mean like this fuckwad? (tweet is from 3 years ago)

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

mister d wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:45 pm I question anyone who doesn't actively root for those who enable this to happen to be the next victims.
I'm posting this not knowing who that county voted for, but look at their US Rep. Good chance this already happened. Same with the other mass shootings in TX recently (Santa Fe, Sutherland Spring), excluding El Paso.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto