Fast Food Thread: Not just about assholes anymore

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Fast Food Thread: Not just about assholes anymore

Post by brian »

More things should be delivered by pneumatic tube.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

A few Chick-fil-A around here do it. But it doesn't come straight to you. Goes to an outhouse employee covid box and the ladies give you the food
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:23 am A few Chick-fil-A around here do it. But it doesn't come straight to you. Goes to an outhouse …
That *is* more efficient.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:08 am More things should be delivered by pneumatic tube.
As one twitter response noted, it should be a smooth transition for Taco Bell because their takeout orders often already look like they’ve been dropped from the second story.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

someone got into my shake shack account last night -- that I hadn't ordered from in a year -- to make a $105 order at a staten island shake shack

thankfully was working when the email came through so I called the store and they refunded the order before it was made. but damn, no one is safe out in these streets.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

EYYY WHAT DA FUCK WHO DA FUCK CANCELLED OUR FUCKIN ORDER IN HERE I'M HUNGRY FOR SOME FUCKIN HAMBURGERS EYYY

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

it was the staten island mall in new springfield. I hope they showed up to pick it up

this was the order too. just one shake?!

1 x Hot Honey Chicken (1 x $7.79) = $7.79
5 x ShackBurger
1 x Double
(5 x $8.79) = $43.95
2 x SmokeShack
1 x Double
(2 x $10.29) = $20.58
1 x Fries (1 x $3.09) = $3.09
1 x Hot Honey Fries (1 x $3.99) = $3.99
1 x ----
1 x Triple Chocolate Chip Shake (1 x $5.99) = $5.99
1 x Watermelon Mint Limeade
1 x Large
(1 x $4.19) = $4.19
1 x Shack-made Lemonade
1 x Large
(1 x $3.99) = $3.99
1 x Fountain Soda
1 x Large Sprite
(1 x $3.19) = $3.19
SUBTOTAL $96.76
TAX $8.59

TOTAL
$105.35
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Motherfuckers didn't even tip on someone else's card?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:28 pm Motherfuckers didn't even tip on someone else's card?
I feel almost 100% certain that shake shack's app doesn't have a tip option.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

I've been getting tip requests when they hold out the card machine when I go to the drive thru at fast food places now. whole new screen that never existed before. Fuck that. Pretty offended that they ask... Blatant cash grab. They never asked that before. Makes me not want to go back.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

my hot take is that fast food joints and other similar places asking me to tip is proof they need to raise their wages
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Not a hot take just truth. And the cost of the burgers too. Subsidizing corporate profits by willing suckers. Workers get tips, corporate avoids wage increases still imposes modest price increases and pockets the rest. This is just covid opportunism.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:31 am Not a hot take just truth. And the cost of the burgers too. Subsidizing corporate profits by willing suckers. Workers get tips, corporate avoids wage increases still imposes modest price increases and pockets the rest. This is just covid opportunism.
So y'all refuse to give workers money so that other workers can maybe get more money at some point in the future if the employment market turns out a certain way?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:23 am
HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:31 am Not a hot take just truth. And the cost of the burgers too. Subsidizing corporate profits by willing suckers. Workers get tips, corporate avoids wage increases still imposes modest price increases and pockets the rest. This is just covid opportunism.
So y'all refuse to give workers money so that other workers can maybe get more money at some point in the future if the employment market turns out a certain way?
You gonna pay 15% to the clerk at Walmart too?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:40 am
Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:23 am
You gonna pay 15% to the clerk at Walmart too?
No, but there is no custom that Walmart clerks receive tips. There is a custom that food servers do.

I'm old enough when we thought it was really important that fast food workers get a living wage, i.e., $15 per hour.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

For how long have you been tipping people at Burger King?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Ryan wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:00 am For how long have you been tipping people at Burger King?
Exactly. Up until a couple years ago, I've never seen anyone tips cashiers at fast food places. It was always tipping when a waiter or waitress took your order at the table and delivered the food. Now, most places have an optional tip screen at checkout. I'm always torn, because I want the employee to have a fair wage (and there is pressure in feeling you need to tip when confronted), but this is a bullshit way for employers to get away with underpaying employees. Pay them enough so you don't need them to rely on tips to make enough to stay.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Ryan wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:00 am For how long have you been tipping people at Burger King?
For the past couple of years I've been tipping at any place with a tip screen.

I get the argument that an employer shouldn't "get away with underpaying his employees", but if I'm patronizing the business and taking advantage of the cheap prices, I'm not sure I can put the responsibility entirely on the employer. Plus, I find it hard to believe that it's better for the employees if I buy from their employer but don't tip them.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

For how long have you been tipping people at Burger King?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:17 pm For how long have you been tipping people at Burger King?
The question assumes facts not in evidence.

(But no, I haven't been tipping at McDonalds or Wendys. Just places that have tip screens.)
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

So y'all refuse to give workers money unless a screen tells you to?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Ryan wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:51 pm So y'all refuse to give workers money unless a screen tells you to?
Yes, if there is no convenient way to give workers money, I am not giving workers money. I don't carry cash anymore.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I used to mostly only tip if I got served food. No for counter service. And I was inconsistent if I ordered food to go at a restaurant - usually no unless they bring it out to the car. But with Covid, I started ordering online a lot more - counter and "regular" restaurants and now I tip at all of them. It still feels weird to tip somewhere where I go in and order at the counter, but if I get a screen asking me to, I usually do, because I feel like an ass if I don't. And honestly, It's a couple of bucks. Do I really care about a couple of bucks?
Totally Kafkaesque
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

If I didn't care about a couple bucks I wouldn't eat fast food. Difference between burger king and Panera. One lunch sure. Times 200 over course of a year it adds up. And I'm cheap.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You eat Burger King 200 times per year?
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:24 pm If I didn't care about a couple bucks I wouldn't eat fast food. Difference between burger king and Panera. One lunch sure. Times 200 over course of a year it adds up. And I'm cheap.
Well, there you go. I basically quit fast food many years ago (other than Chick-fil-a). I literally can't remember the last time I went to a Burger King (maybe a decade or more). McDonald's only if I'm road tripping and there really aren't other options.
Totally Kafkaesque
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

mister d wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:28 pm You eat Burger King 200 times per year?
Fast food. Definitely. I've skipped while the kids ate a ton but I'll still count it. BK naw but plenty of days I eat garbage 2x a day. Add in gas station lunch, wing spots and pizza and north of 300x in a non covid year.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:06 pm
For the past couple of years I've been tipping at any place with a tip screen.

I get the argument that an employer shouldn't "get away with underpaying his employees", but if I'm patronizing the business and taking advantage of the cheap prices, I'm not sure I can put the responsibility entirely on the employer. Plus, I find it hard to believe that it's better for the employees if I buy from their employer but don't tip them.
Aside from HaulCitgo's eating habits, this is the American experience in a nutshell.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'd never had White Castle before and the family was away last night so I got it and now this AM my stomach feels less than amazing.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:53 am I'd never had White Castle before and the family was away last night so I got it and now this AM my stomach feels less than amazing.
I stay away from everything but the chicken rings/chicken ring sammies these days. Maybe sneak one slider in but not going to test the integrity of the digestive system too much.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its not unexpected but I was always going to wonder about it. Now I can move on.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:14 am Its not unexpected but I was always going to wonder about it. Now I can move on.
It's been about 30 years, but I remember sliders being gross and my father spending the rest of the night fouling up the bathroom and declaring, "right, that's why I stopped eating White Castle."
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

White Castle ingredients:
Bread 70%
Grease 20%
Meat 10%
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:01 pm White Castle ingredients:
Bread 70%
Grease 20%
Meat 10%
You forgot the 2% onions. And you are a bit light on the grease.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

duff wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:33 pm
sancarlos wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:01 pm White Castle ingredients:
Bread 70%
Grease 20%
Meat 10%
You forgot the 2% onions. And you are a bit light on the grease.
And generous in defining “meat”
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

We got some wings and thighs from Wing Stop. I tried their new flavor of wings, Orange Szechuan. Not good. Nothing Asian about it. Just tasted like a heavily breaded wing that an orange popsicle had melted on top of.
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

sancarlos wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:44 pm We got some wings and thighs from Wing Stop. I tried their new flavor of wings, Orange Szechuan. Not good. Nothing Asian about it. Just tasted like a heavily breaded wing that an orange popsicle had melted on top of.
I think there is a Wing Stop a few miles away. Never tried it but is it worth trying?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:44 pm We got some wings and thighs from Wing Stop. I tried their new flavor of wings, Orange Szechuan. Not good. Nothing Asian about it. Just tasted like a heavily breaded wing that an orange popsicle had melted on top of.
I'm a fan of their Korean whatever sauce. And the Atomic. Unlike most places, their spiciest flavor is actually extremely flavorful, not just hot for the sake of being hot. My son ordered the Atomic as a rite of passage and to prove his manliness to himself. He failed miserably and had to trade for my wings. It's my favorite of their sauces.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

serrano wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:33 pm
I think there is a Wing Stop a few miles away. Never tried it but is it worth trying?
My son is wing obsessed, so whenever it's just the two of us for dinner, that's usually what we get. I never would have tried it on my own, but it's much better than I would have guessed. You can mix and match between boneless and bone-in or thighs and fingers. If you get 10 wings, you can choose two flavors and the exact number of wings in each sauce, so you can get 3 Atomic and 7 Cajun or whatever. I really like their seasoned fries, too. Never gotten the thighs or fingers. Bone-in wings are decent, boneless are great. Atomic and Korean sauce are the best. Didn't like the Cajun as much. Buffalo sauce was average. A bunch of others I haven't tried. Other clue, I've never seen another white person in there, so that's always a good sign.
-Pruitt