The Dude

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by DaveInSeattle »

You can't make shit like this up...

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Nephew, just home from JMU has it. There’s four less for Xmas Eve.

ETA: So he thinks he got it out a dinner with HS friends on Sunday. One of the fuckers tested positive, and was symptomatic, but lied and said he was negative. Almost all of the guys have gotten sick since. Trumper family. Yay.

Nephew is symptomatic.

ETAA: My BIL’a dad passed away right before thanksgiving. They delayed the memorial services until next week so the younger grandkids in college would be home.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

My wife tested positive and I'm sure I am too. Getting the kids tested today.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ahhh shit. Sorry man. Hope you guys are OK.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Ten-year-old woke up with a fever and a headache. At-home test came up positive. Wife tested negative yesterday, six-year-old negative with at-home test. That was our last one so I haven't taken one yet, but I'm showing no symptoms. Fully vaxxed and boosted household, but it got us anyway. Christmas visitors/dinner canceled, probably New Year's plans as well (going across state lines to visit one other family).

To top it off, my dad always gives me lottery tickets for my birthday. Plays my four-digit birthday in the pick 4 for about a week. It came out on Tuesday. Except this year he mailed it with my birthday card because he wasn't sure when he'd see me. Mailed it on Friday from two zip codes over, still haven't received it and it's not in our mail preview for today. Could be about 5 grand floating in the netherworld, or some postal carrier's wallet now.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Fuck!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Good luck, y'all.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Christ, that's some bad luck.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

All of our schools in town are going virtual for the week after the break.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

My wife's boss found out yesterday that he was exposed to someone last week who is positive. She took an instant test yesterday and got a negative result, but is still waiting to hear from her boss as to his status.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

My sister found some tests, so guess I'll find out in a bit if I have it. Girls are going to their pediatrician to get tested.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Sorry to hear about all the positive tests. Best wishes to everyone!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sorry to hear about so many positives, especially right before Christmas. I'm worried about all the elderly who are going to get exposed visiting family over the holidays. Positives seem extremely high among children, at least compared to different spikes. Really sucks, as it seemed like we were getting to a place we could get back to more normal living with high vaccine rates and newly approved treatments, but Omicron doesn't seem to care about vaccines, and I've seen some reports that the treatments don't work as well against it. On the plus side, it still seems to have lower rates of hospitalizations and fatalities. I can't believe we are rolling up on the two year mark. I realized either this week or next week I'll hit the two year anniversary of my last time going to my office.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Syracuse has adjusted their policies for attending and covering games after their shutdown.
Due to the increase in covid cases in our area, the University has instructed us to implement additional protocols for media who cover the Syracuse men’s basketball team in person. The intention is to maintain a safe area around the student-athletes competing. Here are the changes:

- Photo is going to be limited to a pool photographer and a photographer for each participating institution.
- Video is going to consist of a pool videographer and a videographer for each participating institution
- Media seating for reporters will be on the northeast corner of the floor in what has been our overflow set-up. We have 22 spots.
- Postgame interviews will be via zoom.

Please let me know if you would like to cover the Syracuse vs. Brown game on Monday, Dec. 27. Based on the response I get, I’ll respond as promptly as possible to inform you if we have the seats to accommodate your request.

Our staff understands this is not the best arrangement for those who cover Syracuse men’s basketball. We will continue to advocate for more access while also remaining committed to creating a safe environment at games.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Bolded #1: At least they said it.

Bolded #2: I'm sure moving the media, who have been required to be vaccinated since the beginning of the academic year, from their normal location will have a tremendous effect on the health of the players, certainly more than offsetting leaving the four rows of fans who sit in front of press row.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

So here is a fun chart from the NJ Dept of Health. Number of hospital employees testing positive every day. Hospital employees are required to have vaccinations, so this shows the current strain is hitting the vaccinated. Hopefully the vaccines are reducing symptoms.

Source: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/cov ... oard.shtml
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

My youngest daughter just texted me that she's tested positive. She's been at her mom's all week, and I haven't seen her for about 7 days now. But my older daughter has been there. Everyone is double vaxxed...youngest hasn't had the booster yet. Older daughter has test negative so far.

What a fucking mess.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:18 pm My youngest daughter just texted me that she's tested positive. She's been at her mom's all week, and I haven't seen her for about 7 days now. But my older daughter has been there. Everyone is double vaxxed...youngest hasn't had the booster yet. Older daughter has test negative so far.

What a fucking mess.
It's important to remember just how much more transmissible Omicron is compared to Delta and the original COVD-19 strains, and perhaps even more so, (much?) less virulent.
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Absolutely crazy. 61 new cases in my town yesterday. I don’t think we ever had close to that in one day. Town gossip texted my wife that she was notified of 19 townies getting positive results today alone.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

EnochRoot wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:22 pmIt's important to remember just how much more transmissible Omicron is compared to Delta and the original COVD-19 strains, and perhaps even more so, (much?) less virulent.
Yeah. This is anecdotal but one of my besties’(!) sisters works in a hospital across the bridge from Philadelphia and said most of their patients are positive and the only ones there for Covid are unvaxxed. This seems to be only a real risk for those who chose for it to be.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Confirmed positive for me, but negative on a rapid test for the girls. They did another test we'll get the results for tomorrow. Also two wrecks this week, the one today completely my fault and I feel like shit about.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Wife had a doctor appointment today. He told her to be safe because hospital was full of unvaxxed cases.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Giff wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:49 pm Also two wrecks this week, the one today completely my fault and I feel like shit about.
?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

mister d wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:07 pm
Giff wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:49 pm Also two wrecks this week, the one today completely my fault and I feel like shit about.
?
Car accidents.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This morning my buddy picked up his 3 kids before heading to California to be with family for the holiday. One of the 3 was COVID positive. The other 2 were negative. Had to leave the COVID positive one with the mother (they're divorced).

Of course the mother has them in a Christian school that doesn't wear masks, thinks COVID isn't real, and tells the kids that evolution is fake. So this was inevitable.

With the speed at which omicron is spreading, this is probably going to get worse before it gets better. All of my friends are vaccinated and boosted, luckily. But I feel like since I'm in a state with a shit ass governor I'll be exposed.

The wife and I aren't going anywhere this weekend and plan to order Chinese food for Christmas. We've done it before and like it.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Reaper wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:51 am Ten-year-old woke up with a fever and a headache. At-home test came up positive. Wife tested negative yesterday, six-year-old negative with at-home test. That was our last one so I haven't taken one yet, but I'm showing no symptoms. Fully vaxxed and boosted household, but it got us anyway. Christmas visitors/dinner canceled, probably New Year's plans as well (going across state lines to visit one other family).
This sucks. We read books in the hallway so she could be included. I talked with her on the computer from the kitchen while she's in her bedroom. The little one just wants to hug her sister because "that's what I do every day". What the hell is Christmas morning going to look like? All masked in our own house hoping to stay negative while practically treating her like a leper? All because she sits near an un-vaxxed kid on the bus.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Reaper wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:41 pm
Reaper wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:51 am Ten-year-old woke up with a fever and a headache. At-home test came up positive. Wife tested negative yesterday, six-year-old negative with at-home test. That was our last one so I haven't taken one yet, but I'm showing no symptoms. Fully vaxxed and boosted household, but it got us anyway. Christmas visitors/dinner canceled, probably New Year's plans as well (going across state lines to visit one other family).
This sucks. We read books in the hallway so she could be included. I talked with her on the computer from the kitchen while she's in her bedroom. The little one just wants to hug her sister because "that's what I do every day". What the hell is Christmas morning going to look like? All masked in our own house hoping to stay negative while practically treating her like a leper? All because she sits near an un-vaxxed kid on the bus.
Talk to your pediatrician.
Noli Timere Messorem
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Does anyone know what the protocol is for someone who had a close contact, is fully vaxxed and boosted, and is quarantining? My older daughter is wondering how long she needs to be trapped at her Mom's house, and I've read all kinds of varying things.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:21 pm Does anyone know what the protocol is for someone who had a close contact, is fully vaxxed and boosted, and is quarantining? My older daughter is wondering how long she needs to be trapped at her Mom's house, and I've read all kinds of varying things.
I think it’s different in every state and even school district. My daughter was a “close contact” with at least 15 positive cases, and she couldn’t do remote school because she is vaxxed.
-Pruitt
teeteebee
Brandt

Post by teeteebee »

Spreads faster and less impactful (not sure is this proven but hearing it to be the case). Will help with herd immunity, no?
oh shit...
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

phxgators wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:57 am Sorry so many of you are having to deal with this right now. Things are definitely getting worse around here again, but no direct exposures so far. Hoping the school break helps mitigate it for now.

Talked with a neighbor yesterday that is vaxxed but had a breakthrough case about 6 weeks ago. Was a mild case, no real issues, but he went to the ER Tuesday thinking he was having a heart attack. Turned out to be inflammation, likely covid related. He's 42.
Update. Found out Christmas day the neighbor has it again. He, his wife, and their kids were all in the backyard that day, talking to other neighbors. Not wearing a mask.

Found out today his whole family (4 kids) has it.

Their oldest was at our house earlier last week, no mention of this to us directly until today. We've all tested and come back clean twice since then, luckily.

This is why it's so hard to let our guard down. They claim they don't go anywhere, don't do anything (obviously except their trip to Switzerland last month!)... But then come to find out they went to a sit down dinner with another couple last week who also tested positive.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Understand I mean this not exactly literally but if you’ve had two shots and a recent booster and never had COVID this is the best time to ever get COVID probably. Omicron is less serious, the next month is gonna be a disaster anyway and you’ll be up to your tits in antibodies after recovering.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

brian wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:28 pm Understand I mean this not exactly literally but if you’ve had two shots and a recent booster and never had COVID this is the best time to ever get COVID probably. Omicron is less serious, the next month is gonna be a disaster anyway and you’ll be up to your tits in antibodies after recovering.
I don't necessarily disagree. In our case, our oldest isn't eligible, but would be due, for a booster. And however unlikely it is and need it, the hospitals around here have been slammed.

I'm definitely resigned to the fact that we're going to get it, just a matter of time.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I’m pretty sure I told you guys what my boss’ dad said but this is gonna be bad. Unvaxxed people (in some places) dying in the streets bad. But people had their chance…
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I must say, I’m impressed with the Covid testing system around here. Walked to a nearby testing station yesterday, midday. No appointment. 20 minute wait. Just got my official results a day and a half later. Negative! Same for our whole group.

We got a scare last week. The day after we arrived in New Mexico, my daughter received a phone call from her good friend she had been hanging out with. Tested positive. Shit. So my daughter and wife bought rapid tests at cvs. Luckily all tested negative. And, that’s why we tested again after we arrived home.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

Two of my nephews got it.

One was laid up for a couple of days - sounded like a regular old time flu. His brother had a cough and was a bit tired, but all better. Healthy guys. 19 and 21 and both double vaxxed.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

My dad has it now. Positive test came in yesterday. Mom is getting tested today. I guess my cousin was at Christmas Eve and didn't realize she was positive. When she got back to TN she had a fever and aches and pains. Tested positive and then felt horrible she exposed all those in Indiana over the holidays. Thankfully everyone is vaxxed and my parents both have been boosted.

Putting of our "Christmas" with my side of the family until mid January.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

RFGF is positive and non-hospital sick back in RI. The two high school girls traveling with her tested negative (yes, we are all vaxed) and hopping a flight back here this afternoon to avoid the inevitable which has been a logistical and financial non-COVID headache. Turns out last minute cross-country flights to Vegas close to NYE aren't easy or cheap. Who knew?
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Rams Fanny wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:18 pm RFGF is positive and non-hospital sick back in RI. The two high school girls traveling with her tested negative (yes, we are all vaxed) and hopping a flight back here this afternoon to avoid the inevitable which has been a logistical and financial non-COVID headache. Turns out last minute cross-country flights to Vegas close to NYE aren't easy or cheap. Who knew?
Raises hand, as I type from my room at Vdara.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

duff wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:00 am My dad has it now. Positive test came in yesterday. Mom is getting tested today. I guess my cousin was at Christmas Eve and didn't realize she was positive. When she got back to TN she had a fever and aches and pains. Tested positive and then felt horrible she exposed all those in Indiana over the holidays. Thankfully everyone is vaxxed and my parents both have been boosted.

Putting of our "Christmas" with my side of the family until mid January.
So my mom has it now. A bit worse than dad. Slight fever.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.