Weird Swamp-related dreams

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Weird Swamp-related dreams

Post by A_B »

This is not swamp-related again but just a bucket for dreamcatching. All my dreams these days end up with me in some kind of physical fight. Often times I get blindsided but last night AB_the_Deadasleep was checking his corners and his six all dream long and had the upper hand. So Dream Me "learned" from previous dreams?

I'm sure it's all related to daddy issues and/or ball bearings.

ETA, Drew and I still the same person:

You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Since we are dropping all dreams in here. Every dream I had the other night involved car crashes. They were so vivid. There must have been a half a dozen dreams. My oldest son crashing, my wife crashing, my mom being crashed into, someone backing into my car, take your pick. I was really cautious driving to work the next day.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

For months mine have been me in another place, usually a dorm type setup, but its not college and I might be like on some sort of minor mission with people I know from my past. My family exists but usually aren't around.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Last night I dreamt that I was at a party. My youngest brother was there, too. He got pissed about something or other and said he was going for a walk. Then, we all got worried because he never came back.

(In reality, this brother died 8 years ago.) Weird.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I don't usually remember my dreams but I had a very vivid dream last night where I was walking and talking to my friend in Oregon who went missing two years ago. In the dream, she had re-appeared and we were just hanging out but I was afraid to ask her why she went missing.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

Really strange dream last night about a swamp-up in the clubhouse at Congressional (was there for a Tiger AT&T tourney on the good graces of some work friends who were members .). The attire was preppy, but Rass, Mr D., and Dsafe we’re wearing jackets and ties, looking like professors, and we’re retreating to a private room off the bar because they had planned to recite some Hindu texts or Tolkien shit in private. Weirdos.

I sauntered up to the bar where TB was with Haul Citgo and Chedda and a few other swappers shooting the shit for a while. (Having not met all of you, you were played by the people I picture in my head when I read your posts.).

We shot the shit until it was About time for the tournament to begin so we head out the path the golfers take to the first tee which involves some sacred set of stairs and walking overpass that has no handrails but had the significance of the Hogan Bridge to PGA culture. The conveyance is almost dilapidated the the foursomes must negotiate as traditions dictates. Somehow we’re able to go right up the walkway rope and say hi the golfers, and then Tiger Woods gives me a fist bump and asks me how I’ve been without breaking stride.

So for the weird part of this story… When I wake up from this dream it’s time to go to work. While waiting for the shower to warm up I pull up instagram and the top of my feed, wouldn’t you know it, there are 2 post from Giff who hasn’t posted in 10 months.

I mean, we all know the meta verse targets posts to users based on listening to their user’s conversations, but shit, do they got an algorithm for my freakin brain. Weird weird weird coincidence.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Not weird when you consider we are living in a simulation.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I'm just worried he woke up at 3:30AM and was so shaken by the dream that he thought it was time to get ready for work.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

The dream was accurate in one area - none of the Jewish Swampers were allowed into Congressional.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Two areas, if you count my love for reciting hindu texts at professional golf tournaments.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

More about the swappers next time, if you’re taking requests.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I had a literal 5-second dream where I was playing tennis against Jerloma, tossed the ball to serve and when I looked up and started to swing I fainted. At that moment...
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Ryan wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:31 am I had a literal 5-second dream where I was playing tennis against Jerloma, tossed the ball to serve and when I looked up and started to swing I fainted. At that moment...
Also exactly the moment I severed my achilles.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

But ultimately thinking about this place too much is a self-fulling prophecy and it's best to use as necessary. Finding that balance is tough sometimes because this place can be a haven.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Had a dream that a bunch of us agreed to meet up somewhere in Europe. Somehow we'd all sort of assembled at a cafe, and we hadn't exchanged phone numbers with each other. I kept going around asking Swampers for their names and numbers and people kept giving me stupid answers like their hometown or year they graduated. I seem to remember Cerrano especially enjoying fucking with me.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Not swamp related, but I dreamt I was on a date with Mina Kimes last night.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:17 pm Not swamp related, but I dreamt I was on a date with Mina Kimes last night.
If you were on Twitter at all yesterday I know why. She was everywhere.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

A_B wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:38 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:17 pm Not swamp related, but I dreamt I was on a date with Mina Kimes last night.
If you were on Twitter at all yesterday I know why. She was everywhere.
I've had worse dreams.

ETA - I did see something where she was drawing/painting a photo of that Lions big fella who caught a pass the other day.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Not swamp related but I didn't see a general one* ... highly recommend not having a dream about one of your kids going missing where the dream goes into the out weeks rather than just the immediate fear.

* Rass I'm sure will link a three post thread from early 2017 or something