Twitter:The New Batch

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

tennbengal
The Dude

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by tennbengal »

Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:05 am i just want to always have my feed in chronological order and never have to worry about it switching away from that
Twitter: FUCK YOU
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Also, when you diligently switch to "latest tweets" they now spam with SO MANY RETWEETS as to make it also unusable.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Tweetlogix.

No ads, no polls, no tweets someone else liked, no suggestions, just your timeline in order.

ETA: It's not perfect, you won't see some stuff people are referring to in their tweets, but that's a small price to pay for avoiding the disaster that is regular Twitter.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:05 am i just want to always have my feed in chronological order and never have to worry about it switching away from that
Right? WTF.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

x2
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:30 pm On one hand, a driving violation seems like a minor offense, but getting charged a second time for driving with a revoked license is just such a blatant disregard of the law and flaunting that rules don't apply to you. It's not like you can accidentally make a mistake, you damned well know your license is revoked and choose to say "fuck you, I'm driving anyways."

To use one of Roger Bennett's favorite phrases, this story has wheels within wheels!
Especially a guy in a wheelchair due to a car accident. But this guy has apparently ALWAYS been a complete piece of shit. He was apparently removed from a volunteer church position years ago (and he's still young now) because he kept sexually harassing women.
Totally Kafkaesque
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Shirley wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:05 pm
The Sybian wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:30 pm On one hand, a driving violation seems like a minor offense, but getting charged a second time for driving with a revoked license is just such a blatant disregard of the law and flaunting that rules don't apply to you. It's not like you can accidentally make a mistake, you damned well know your license is revoked and choose to say "fuck you, I'm driving anyways."

To use one of Roger Bennett's favorite phrases, this story has wheels within wheels!
Especially a guy in a wheelchair due to a car accident. But this guy has apparently ALWAYS been a complete piece of shit. He was apparently removed from a volunteer church position years ago (and he's still young now) because he kept sexually harassing women.
During his ONE semester at college, female students were warned not to get his his car, and afterwards, 150 students signed a letter calling him a sexual predator.

The making of Madison Cawthorn: How falsehoods helped propel the career of a new pro-Trump star of the far right
Some former students said in interviews that they were advised by classmates not to go on a drive with Cawthorn.
Later, more than 150 former students signed a letter accusing him of being a sexual predator, which Cawthorn has denied.
And then there is all the lying about being in training to be a Paralympian.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Right? I know it’s different in this day and age with cell phones and social media, but there’s no way any guy in my year had 150 women who even knew of him in the first semester of their freshman year, and I went to a relatively small college where the entire freshman class lived in the same dorm. Yet alone 150 of them considering him a sexual predator.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

hallelujah?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Right Wing internet troll who goes to town meetings pretending to be a crazy Liberal to show how crazy Liberals are. I saw one where he attended a NYC meeting over Zoom claiming to be a trans man who was fired for taking time off for transitional surgery. Deeply mean spirited and unfunny.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

This might be the perfect embodiment of Dunning-Kruger Effect. The anger she musters while calling someone else ignorant while showing a shocking lack of basic history is incredible. And the morons who listen/watch her are too stupid to realize. She is basically a more coherent Sarah Palin.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

That is so fucking cool! We can’t lose this content to jury duty!
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

My eyesight must be so good i don't have to zoom in!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Now imagine how shitty that would have looked without Daylight Savings
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I had a 2.5 year relationship where my interest was piqued when she roasted some jerkdick I couldn't stand.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Mirth Gurgler?

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I miss them so much
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Holy shit.

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Cordova told officers he saw the victim minutes before the attack and claimed the victim had a gun in his hand at the time. Cordova went on to explain that he had a hit on his life since 2009 and believed, at the time, the motorcyclist was there to do the job. Cordova told officers he felt he had to "kill or be killed."
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Right actors and right location and I bet that defense works.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Meant to share this when I initially saw it.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Yeah, if you need a pronged collar to control your dog, you aren't strong enough for your dog.
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The gentle leader collars are just as effective and some dogs like them even more than just a "regular" collar because they fit around their chest and comfort some skittish dogs.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
pruitt2
Jesus Quintana

Post by pruitt2 »

Gotta agree with PETA on this one.

Whenever I see a dog with one of those collars, my estimation of the owner goes down.
From the north coast of Lake Ontario
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Whenever I've seen that it's been the guy with the collar on.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:31 pm Yeah, if you need a pronged collar to control your dog, you aren't strong enough for your dog.
Anecdotal counterpoint: Some dogs (in my house) were unable to not choke themselves until they were on prongs. There was no harness of four we tried we could get tight enough that it wouldn’t slip up to his throat while he pulled and he’s in the subset of dogs who aren’t smart enough to not actively choke themselves out. So it wasn’t the strength (I’m exceptionally strong for sure), but counter-logical safety. Hopefully we can switch back eventually but walks now are much less S&M.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

(To Pruitt’s point: I don’t disagree and don’t really blame anyone who judges. This isn’t something we’re thrilled to use but effects > appearances.)
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

mister d wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:41 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:31 pm Yeah, if you need a pronged collar to control your dog, you aren't strong enough for your dog.
Anecdotal counterpoint: Some dogs (in my house) were unable to not choke themselves until they were on prongs. There was no harness of four we tried we could get tight enough that it wouldn’t slip up to his throat while he pulled and he’s in the subset of dogs who aren’t smart enough to not actively choke themselves out. So it wasn’t the strength (I’m exceptionally strong for sure), but counter-logical safety. Hopefully we can switch back eventually but walks now are much less S&M.
They make harnesses for dogs like that.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I’m willing to click a link and try a 5th if you’ve got a unique rec.

(We never did the gentle leader because we’re in a very densely populated area and the dogs play when they meet. We were concerned any sort of mouth restrictions might screw that up and, worse case, have him develop the same issues with dogs he has/had in the house.)
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. I love my dogs, but I've used those collars when they were young to leash train them. You adjust them properly so they can't choke them or anything and they help a young, strong, exuberant lab be more controllable on a walk. Never had my dog yelp or anything with one of those.
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah. He yelped once and I jumped but the dipshit had walked into prickers staring at a fucking squirrel.

I still hate it and wish the harness(es) worked.
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

We use the harness and clip to the bottom front. So when the dog pulls it redirects their head. It works much better than the dog sled clip on the back.

What we can't figure out is how to get the dog to stop barking in the house/backyard at everything. She also runs around and won't come in at times. Completely agree that it's not the dog. It's the owners that are the problem. Anyone used anything to help control barking?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I don't own a dog so all of this is really interesting info.

In other comments,
P.D.X. wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:40 pm Whenever I've seen that it's been the guy with the collar on.
Thank you for commenting on what I was getting at with this post.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Shirley wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:19 pm Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. I love my dogs, but I've used those collars when they were young to leash train them. You adjust them properly so they can't choke them or anything and they help a young, strong, exuberant lab be more controllable on a walk. Never had my dog yelp or anything with one of those.
There are customizable training collars that are plastic, not stainless steel though that serve that corrective purpose.

I lap his leash around his chest and hook his leash at the collar so that he's controlled at his chest rather than his neck.

Testuser - we use relaxing treats that do well at taking the edge off, but to my own fault, my dog tends to go nuts if he's a few thousand steps short of his daily cardio (I switched up my pronoun usage there, cuz that's nearly always on me for not getting him out enough).
Noli Timere Messorem