OFFICIAL Eat Right & Get Fit Challenge

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: OFFICIAL Eat Right & Get Fit Challenge

Post by mister d »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:51 amPlease put a spoiler tag when you post pictures.
More like a SOILER tag, amiright???
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I just met with a former client. Really nice, chatty dude from Czech. I last saw him in 2017. MFer takes one look at me and says, "Did you forget about fitness?"
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Lol
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:46 pm I just met with a former client. Really nice, chatty dude from Czech. I last saw him in 2017. MFer takes one look at me and says, "Did you forget about fitness?"
Was at a work conference a coworker from one of our locations (that I’ve known since our college days) is a huge weightlifter in both senses of the word and is massive. But he’s sensitive. When I saw him I asked “did you quit working out?” And he just started stammering and all the guys he worked with were rolling.they rag on him all the time but we’re tickled that he was getting it from someone else. It was fun. Shut up.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Just signed up for my first marathon. Will be doing it in October right before I turn 48. Longest I've run so far is 15.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

EdRomero wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:29 pm Just signed up for my first marathon. Will be doing it in October right before I turn 48. Longest I've run so far is 15.
That’s great man. Both the run and that someone else here is older than me.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Hello unfavorite thread. Dusting this off. Went for a four mile hike with 1000 feet of elevation change with the dog this AM. It was...not great, but I did it. Baby steps. 10,400 steps apparently.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

tennbengal wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:38 am Hello unfavorite thread. Dusting this off. Went for a four mile hike with 1000 feet of elevation change with the dog this AM. It was...not great, but I did it. Baby steps. 10,400 steps apparently.
That’s great. 500 feet per mile is real work.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Only been using strava for a little over a year but that might be my longest run ever? From almost the north end of the island to the south end and back.

Was about ready to walk home at 10 miles but made a deal with myself to stick it out to the wawa and got a Gatorade and then finished the last mile plus. Ended up at my intended finish line which is my favorite cafe on the island where I had an incredible peach scone (still warm!) and a cup of coffee.
1A5852A2-04AA-4EA5-B5E4-987B4127C61F.png
1A5852A2-04AA-4EA5-B5E4-987B4127C61F.png (84.88 KiB) Viewed 620 times
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Nice!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Didn't look at a scale before diving back into the concept of "movement" but was around 246 at my checkup a month or so ago, so...not optimal. Spent the last week hiking as much as I could with the pup, that covered 18 miles over 4 days of hikes- w/ plenty of elevation changes. At 6 this AM did run 1 of couch to 5K and got through it. Will try and hit the gym on way home and get a swim in and see where things are on the scale. I do feel a little better physically already after a week of that. Prob down a few pounds by feel and what not.

As for food, loading up on fruit and vegetables at work and trying to eat only a very light dinner. Working on getting back to drinking a lot of water.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:31 am Didn't look at a scale before diving back into the concept of "movement" but was around 246 at my checkup a month or so ago, so...not optimal. Spent the last week hiking as much as I could with the pup, that covered 18 miles over 4 days of hikes- w/ plenty of elevation changes. At 6 this AM did run 1 of couch to 5K and got through it. Will try and hit the gym on way home and get a swim in and see where things are on the scale. I do feel a little better physically already after a week of that. Prob down a few pounds by feel and what not.

As for food, loading up on fruit and vegetables at work and trying to eat only a very light dinner. Working on getting back to drinking a lot of water.
Very nice!

Some recent minor medical issues had me step on a doctor's scale a few times in the past few weeks and over 200 is not where I need to be. Time to buy a home scale and to focus on eating better.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Alright TB!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

We've cut way back on eating away from home and drinking, and surprise surprise, I'm at the lowest weight I can remember for nearly 19 years. And that was a depression skinny! I saw more people this weekend than normal and had multiple comments on how I looked, so that felt nice and motivating.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"Hey Giff, is everything ok?"

"Thank you!"
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Holy shit, guys. Good going.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I'm about five pounds away from my lowest weight since I was in college. Who knew that going from a stressful desk job to a somewhat physical job at a golf course would result in weight loss?
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

242. Four pounds in eight days. Ok but not exhilarating. Usually comes off quicker at first when I do this but will take this for a start .
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

so I just finished a five day trial (plaintiff side of an impossible med mal case in a tough county and even after it went to the jury at the unfortunate time of 3:00 on a friday the jury came back at 6 and asked to comeback on monday so someone in there is fighting for my client which is nice - i think it was my kickass close really - altho seriously it was really good)

and it has been since sept 6 I could check weight and i've had no chance to run etc - but i've worked really hard this week to eat as little as possible and watch what I eat when I've eaten (helps that this trial was stressful as fuck and my appetite was not really there) and I stopped by gym on way hom and was at 231.4 - so down around 11 pounds since sept 6.

also, I've missed having time to read the swamp this week. looking forward to catching up.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Thought I'd be faster when I signed up in the spring, but training in the heat and realizing how much it sucks to run for so long really slowed me down. Still beyond happy I did it. I didn't walk and my last mile was my fastest.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Ice work!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Nice effing work!

You passed by my old place!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Way to go man!!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Impressive as hell, Romero.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Oh shit man! Congrats!

And I guess I need to sign up for one huh? Before I get too old…
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

The King of Pawtucket Blvd!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Wow. Good job!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Had to go back to doc for A1C. Waiting on that result as the machine that gives the the quick result was broken but my BP was 92/64 and I was down 17 pounds since last was there in late July. Cholesterol down by 50% (Crestor + eating better probably helping). Hopefully good trend from A1C and now need to put head down and work on next 20. Want to get to 210 by New Year.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:33 am Had to go back to doc for A1C. Waiting on that result as the machine that gives the the quick result was broken but my BP was 92/64 and I was down 17 pounds since last was there in late July. Cholesterol down by 50% (Crestor + eating better probably helping). Hopefully good trend from A1C and now need to put head down and work on next 20. Want to get to 210 by New Year.
Way to go, buddy!
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Sunday I did a really tough 30k. It's a Boston Marathon warmup apparantly for really good runners because I was one of the slowest runners. Next, I need to find a 5k with a lot of first time runners.

Then last night on a recovery run, I took my worst spill, landing hard on the sidewalk. Bruised knee and right side, bad scratches on palms, and I broke my headlamp (not during the fall). Supposed to do a 19k on Saturday that ends at brewery; might skip the first part. Second fall in 9 months; I gotta figure out how to stop doing that.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I think I'd take those times myself for ~18 miles, nice work.

Could you trace the fall to a lack of concentration or do you not know why you went down? I've taken 3 falls the past 3+ years and each one I was like, yeah that was dumb and I could have avoided it had I been paying attention.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Nice work!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:19 amSecond fall in 9 months; I gotta figure out how to stop doing that.
I assume I've mentioned this before, but a runner-mom here fell and broke her pinky off completely inside the skin.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

So Covid Vax = running instability. Got it.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

A_B wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:26 am So Covid Vax = running instability. Got it.
Loose pinkies also
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

bfj wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:29 am
A_B wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:26 am So Covid Vax = running instability. Got it.
Loose pinkies also
That seems like more of a pre-Zombie stage of an infection, but that could be vax related.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

rass wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:46 am I think I'd take those times myself for ~18 miles, nice work.

Could you trace the fall to a lack of concentration or do you not know why you went down? I've taken 3 falls the past 3+ years and each one I was like, yeah that was dumb and I could have avoided it had I been paying attention.
Lack of concentration. End of run and deciding if I could jaywalk...and I'm vaxed.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:37 am
rass wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:46 am I think I'd take those times myself for ~18 miles, nice work.

Lack of concentration. End of run and deciding if I could jaywalk...and I'm vaxed.
How's the pinkie holding up?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

That’s impressive work, Romero!

Sorry about the falls, though. I had a similar experience awhile back. But, I wasn’t running. I was in my friend’s home. In the late evening. I was stoned and a little drunk. But, other than that, just like your fall.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

bfj wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:52 am
EdRomero wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:37 am

How's the pinkie holding up?
I'd trade in a pinky to replace the pain I'm feeling today.